Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #1

2012 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL

Greetings,

We ordered this new Jayco Ultra Lite model two weeks ago and we're wondering if any JOF member has taken delivery of a White Hawk?

Our first RV was a 2011 Jayco Swift SLX 145RB and we loved it! It was a bit small (who am I kidding, it was tiny) so we sold it ourselves in less than a week and are moving way up (relatively speaking) for our next TT.

At least one couple on RV.NET has this model at home and so far they're happy with their purchase.

We're very impressed with the White Hawk design, floor plan & features and we're looking forward to our new TT.

This time, no delivery charges for us. We'll travel to Middlebury to pick it up and tour the factory while we're there.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Site Team

To my knowledge there are 2 other Whitehawk owners on the forum, both of them just joined:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=5831

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=5799
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #3

We have purchased the 29sqb, but have not taken delivery of it yet. It is still at the dealers winterized. We are picking it up march 31st, barring any major late march snowstorm.

We too were very impressed with the features compared to the other tt's we looked at when we went to the pittsburgh rv show. The Whitehawk was the only model there that we actually went back to several times to look at after looking at other models.

Our first trip with it is scheduled for the weekend of aprill 13th. cant wait for the weather to warm up here in southwestern pa.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #4

We've received word that Jayco has a projected production date of 3/8/12 for our White Hawk. Not bad, one month from order to production.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #5

Our new White Hawk is at the dealership and ready to be picked up. 31 days total from order to available. I'll take delivery in Middlebury later this month and tow it 2000 miles back home.

I'll post a review and pictures after returning.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Site Team

Congrats on the arrival of the new baby. Are you giving out cigars?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:30 AM   #7

We picked up our Jayco White Hawk 31 DSLB last month and enjoy it very much. Jayco put the axles further apart which makes it tow better, less sway along with the equalizer 10k system.

Good luck with yours

James
James Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Menard View Post
We picked up our Jayco White Hawk 31 DSLB last month and enjoy it very much. Jayco put the axles further apart which makes it tow better, less sway along with the equalizer 10k system.

Good luck with yours

James
Congratulations James on your new White Hawk 31 DSLB! I think you may be the first to actually take delivery on the new White Hawk. We'd love to see some pics!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:38 AM   #9

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Congratulations James on your new White Hawk 31 DSLB! I think you may be the first to actually take delivery on the new White Hawk. We'd love to see some pics!
Mike,
At present we on our first trip at Palmetto Island State Park since Monday. I am doing 40 hrs of volunteer work which in turn will get the park a $500 grant from the ExxonMobil Foundation. This is one way EM encourages their employees and retirees to get involved in the community

Our 2 grandsons will be here on Sat to check out the bunk beds. We will send pics after we get home on Sunday.

James
James Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #10

That sounds pretty cool and we are all anxious to see the pictures. Have a great time with the grandsons!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #11

I am anxious as well as what all JAYCO did to make everything liteweight. They used to be the trailer to always fall back on as to quality of worksmanship and reliability. JAYCO always looked out for their products too...

I was reading somewhere (dont even remember the brand name) but the writeup was describing things as large round holes drilled out of the frames to save weight.

On another forum net one of the posts was a factory photo of a complete large JAYCO fifth wheel trailer showing just the aluminum "studs" and supports to hold up the walls etc. It is scary how all of that is suppose to be strong and all.
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #12

I'm just getting back to normal after an 8 day round trip to Middlebury, IN to pick up the new TT. 4000 miles round trip, half with the White Hawk in tow.

Quick observations -

Indiana RV Connection is absolutely first rate! This is what all RV purchase experiences should be like.

Very pleased with the White Hawk model. Great build. Quality and workmanship exceeded expectations.

After return noticed minor issue with a broken cable tie at one wheel. Repaired it myself.

Unit tows very well. Encountered 30 mph winds across I-40 in TX, OK & eastern NM. Impacted fuel economy but the ride was stable. I know the hitch was responsible for much of the stability but the wide stance axles didn't hurt.

I was anxious about the 6.5% grades from Flagstaff to Phoenix but all went well.

We now have the White Hawk in covered storage and are preparing for the first trip.

More later.