Originally Posted by doctorbob
I removed the screen to try to figure out why the window was stuck. The plastic clips that hold it in fell out and I cannot figure out how the hell to get it to stay in again. Anybody else been through this?
I recently had to remount the window screen on the emergency window of my 2018 Hummingbird 17FD, Baja edition. The screen is attached to the window frame using 4 plastic screen clips (Jayco Part 0291951, 1 clip).
To remount the window screen, I did the following:
1. Raise the window blind so that you have access to the window frame.
2. On the top of the window frame, attach 2 screen clips - one on the left side and one on the right side. The wider slot in the screen clip needs to facing the inside of the trailer.
3. On the bottom of the window frame, attach 2 screen clips in the center. The wider slot needs to be facing the inside of the trailer.
4. Orient the screen with the red emergency pull knob at the lower left hand corner. The red knob faces inside the trailer.
5. Put the top edge of the window screen into the screen clips on the top of the window frame. Center the screen over the window frame.
6. With the bottom of the window screen near the screen clips on the bottom of the window frame, gently press the bottom center of the window screen upward and then into the screen clips on the bottom.
7. Slide the bottom screen clips apart, towards the left and right sides. The window screen is now mounted securely.