Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #1

Question 2018 Hummingbird RB problems 9 mo old

Our outside rope lighting at the awning stopped working. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Also, after emptying the black water tank, the tank indicator still reads 2/3 full. How accurate are these indicators?
tomricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #2

Congrats on the Hummingbird. Been thinking of downsizing to that model. The sensors are not very good to begin with. Do you have a black tank flush port on your unit? If so do you use it whenever you empty the tank? While I am emptying I also have the flush running. After its empty I shut valve & fill it up through the flush port & repeat the procedure. Empty it again. Its amazing how much is still in there after it was dumped initially, sometimes I do it 2 times till clear. Make sure you attend to it while filling with valve closed so you don't overfill it. Also, try adding some "digest it" in the black tank & see if that clears it up. I have an issue with my grey water reading 1-2/3 full half the time. I started using tide pods between campsites & it seems to have washed off the gunk that accumulates on these sensors.
LED lights work off of one switch & have 2 flimsy wires that you can see attached under the awning . I would check those wires, jiggle them a little with switch on & see if anything happens, check fuse box also?
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomricci View Post
Our outside rope lighting at the awning stopped working. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Also, after emptying the black water tank, the tank indicator still reads 2/3 full. How accurate are these indicators?
The indicators are crap. After some two years and 50,000 miles and 200 nights we have learned the black tank needs to be emptied every five days. I haven't consulted the monitor in a year.

Can't help you on the rope lighting on your awning. except maybe something in the light is broken. We have the same rope lighting on Christmas ornaments.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:34 AM   #4

Have checked the fuse box on the lights. Will check those flimsy wires next. Thanks much for your quick response. Going to try the tide pods also. Safe travels!
Old 10-08-2018, 07:35 AM   #5

Thanks for your response. Safe travels!
Old 10-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #6

Our awnings lights were inop once and it was those flimsy wires at the end of the light strip where it plugs into the wires running up at the top of the front awning bar.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:32 PM   #7

I also have similar problems with the awning lights with my 17RB. I took it in for warranty work and the light strip needs a total replacement. Don't do it yourself as you are still under warrany.
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank indicator, rope lighting