Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2020, 05:17 PM   #1

2019 Jayco 16MRB Baja edition

Going tomorrow to look at a 2019 Jayco 16MRB Baja Edition. Anything I need to be aware of?
Thanks
Captain C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #2

I noticed no one has replied to your post. Though I'm not familiar with the specific model trailer you're looking at, I do have a 2019 Jayflight 154BH Baja Edition. Are there some specific concerns or questions you have about looking at this trailer that maybe other model owners can help with? I assume this is a used trailer? Is it at an RV dealership, or is it being sold by a private party?
AnacortesArmyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:02 PM   #3

Thanks,
I bought from individual.
Cute unit,
Love the Murphy bed
Old 09-27-2020, 09:03 PM   #4

Thanks,
Bought it Friday.
Cute unit.
Love the Murphy bed.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #5

Capitan C, DW and I have a HB 16 mrb and have put a lot of miles on it. We have had very few issues with it. If you don't mind I will give a list of things I fixed/changed. Kitchen sink faucet leaked when we were in New Mexico,went to home depot and replaced it with a residential style. The pop-up power station by the sink quit working,it came unplugged ,plugged it back in and put retainer on the cable. We have the dry bath.The pocket door had one strap retainer,I added two more now the door stays closed.The Murphy bed hinge came loose,the factory screws are to short.I used 2 inch deck screws on the front of the hinge and 1 1/2 inch on the rear of the hinge( 2 inch will blow threw on the rear).By the way the blue night light's by the bed if you hold the push button down i turns in to a reading light. I hope you enjoy the HB as much as we do!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:17 PM   #6

Thank you very much for your input.
We bought the same unit Saturday.
Have given it a detail job and she looks brand new. Previous owners only used it twice.
Question about TV. What does the 3 inch looped gray coaxial cable do? It is plugged in the top and bottom of the socket. In order to watch air TV channels, do I need a cable.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:59 AM   #7

Your welcome for the input. As far as that looped cable,I'm not sure what the heck it does! I would be willing to bet someone on this site will know ( their are some really sharp folks on this form ). Just to the right of that looped cable is another outlet the top is a 12 volt outlet just below that there is a cable connection.there is a cable from there to the back of the tv. We changed the tv mount to a lockable/adjustable bracket,we changed that cable to one that has 90 degree ends, the bracket takes the tv closer to the wall. Oh yea, on that same outlet there is a small push button it is for the antenna booster. A green light will show when it on,it has to be off when you hook up to outside cable. The Furrion brand tv is not the best,ours died with in a year. We were at my kid brothers house just outside of Brownwood Tx. when it died.Went to Wal-Mart and bought a Vizio 24 inch smart tv for about $100.00. Darn thing has a much better picture a costs a lot less. Jayco did warranty it so we just put it in the guest room closet. Be well and enjoy the neck out of HB.
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy wife / happy life View Post
Your welcome for the input. As far as that looped cable,I'm not sure what the heck it does! I would be willing to bet someone on this site will know ( their are some really sharp folks on this form ). Just to the right of that looped cable is another outlet the top is a 12 volt outlet just below that there is a cable connection.there is a cable from there to the back of the tv. We changed the tv mount to a lockable/adjustable bracket,we changed that cable to one that has 90 degree ends, the bracket takes the tv closer to the wall. Oh yea, on that same outlet there is a small push button it is for the antenna booster. A green light will show when it on,it has to be off when you hook up to outside cable. The Furrion brand tv is not the best,ours died with in a year. We were at my kid brothers house just outside of Brownwood Tx. when it died.Went to Wal-Mart and bought a Vizio 24 inch smart tv for about $100.00. Darn thing has a much better picture a costs a lot less. Jayco did warranty it so we just put it in the guest room closet. Be well and enjoy the neck out of HB.
I wish to thank you kindly for your assistance. Turns out my Furrion TV was bad and reason why I could not receive any reception from antenna. Went to Wal-Mart and bought their $89 Onn TV with Roku. Hooked up easy and love how the sound comes out of camper speakers using the ARC setting on radio.