Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #1

228 takes a spin

Hi everone. Haven,t posted for a while as we have been busy getting together everything we need for our first trip. Having a list of what to bring has come in handy and we have been able to stock our trailer with many things we,ve found at our local garage sales. This week we de-winterized and sanitized our water system to check for leaks or any other surprises.Last night our temperature went to the freezing mark but all was well and there calling for upper 70,s in the next couple of days. Today we took her for spin to practise my backing up in an empty parking lot useing the six oclock on the wheel method. I kept my eyes on the mirrors only and i am much more confident now.We,ll be going on our first trip soon and might try to get back to you and let you know it went. Were learning so much on this forum.
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #2

Well yeah you need to get back to us! Very smart practicing. Nothing worse than being on vacation and be worried about your skills. My motto is "the vacation starts when we leave the driveway" so I always just take it easy getting there.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #3

good luck

good luck on your first trip, we like to use a pre trip check list, like stairs secure, jacks up, all parts of the hitch secure etc. we actually have a laminated check list that we follow. agree with previous comment, take your time, drive at a speed that you feel comfortable., remember to leave a little extra room between vehicles for stopping. have a great time! once you reach your destination we have found that other campers are happy to help , should any questions arise, dont be afraid to ask, believe me,, we have all been there. happy camping from northern california.
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #4

Just a added note, when we pack up to head home we pull out of campsite and do a quick walk through to make sure noting is left in the trees or on the ground. also pick up any trash that may have gone astray
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote