Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #1

28DSBH Questions.....

Our 28DSBH is in storage right now with all the manuals. We only took it home in mid September, took it out once for 3 days and then had to put her away. So we have some questions.

- Is there a way to manually bring the slide in if it malfunctions?

- What happens if one of the propane tanks runs out of gas? Does it automatically switch to the second one? If this is the case, is there a way to prevent that from happening? I'd rather run out of gas on one tank and then manually switch over to the other tank. That way I know when the first tank runs out and I need to refill it.

- If I want to swap out the bulbs for LED's, what socket type do I need? 921?

I think that's about it for now. I'm sure more things will pop in my head.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #2

Can't answer the slide question.

Just replaced my lights with LEDs, used 921 socket puck type led arrays from eBay. Got 10 for $12 w/ free shipping. They are not as bright as hallogens but great for the price.

If I leave both propane ranks open the regulator will automatically pull from both. I only open one at a time do when it runs out I know I still have the other. Has worked great for 2 camping seasons.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm11599ps View Post
Our 28DSBH is in storage right now with all the manuals.
Click here to download the manual for FREE.

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ, CC, 4X4
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24-E Toy Hauler(SOLD).
2017 Forest River Hyper Lite XLR
Prodigy P2 Brake Control
12K Husky Straight Line WD Hitch
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 AM   #4

Congrats on your 28 DSBH..... Great trailer imho. Yes there is a manual way to bring the slide in and out. There is a tool and your dealer should have gone over that with you. It's awkward to do but can be done with the tool that is kept inside your front storage compartment hanging on the inside of the wall. Check manual. But yes your unit should have the tool to bring it in and out.

As for led lights I have changed over most of mine to LED but kept some standard as the DW doesn't like the whiter light. I bought them on ebay for a good price.... sorry don't remember the price or part number. Some bulbs are different... i.e. the light over the Dinette is different. Google your bulb and it should come up with alternate bulbs for that particular model.

As for propane I use one bottle at a time. I like to know when I run out of one bottle so it's empty for sure. There is a lever on the dual propane system that tells you what bottle it is using. The lever will aim to the direction of the bottle it is drawing from. If you are uncertain only open one bottle. Keep the other closed while using the first one. That's what I do. ( I was surprised at how long a 20lb tank lasted ) it did well. Burned up just over one tank for all of last year. ( 9 trips total , for 27 days ) . Hope this helps.

Again your dealer should have gone over all this with you but if they haven't ...well that's why this awesome forum is here. Ask away. we are here to help..... :0)

Enjoy your new trailer. I'm sure you'll love it as much as we have.

Cheers