Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #1

A/C leaking inside wall - 2021 184BS

Hello all, we're out in our first hot-weather trip and are using the air conditioning (side unit) in our 2021 184BS Baja. The first night we noticed some condensation dripping down the outside of the trailer, which I assumed was normal. However, today I noticed a large wet area on the ground, but didn't notice anything dripoing down the outside this time. I looked underneath and it appears as if water is coming down from between the interior wall and the aluminum siding. Has anyone else experienced this and know of a quick fix? Otherwise, I'll obviously be taking this in to the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
20210814_160316.jpg   20210814_155850.jpg  
BuckWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 06:21 PM   #2

That is not normal. Seems like you may need to go a little higher on the opposite side when leveling to make sure you are pitched down on that side. Maybe the drain hole is stopped up on the bottom of the case.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckWallace View Post
Hello all, we're out in our first hot-weather trip and are using the air conditioning (side unit) in our 2021 184BS Baja. The first night we noticed some condensation dripping down the outside of the trailer, which I assumed was normal. However, today I noticed a large wet area on the ground, but didn't notice anything dripoing down the outside this time. I looked underneath and it appears as if water is coming down from between the interior wall and the aluminum siding. Has anyone else experienced this and know of a quick fix? Otherwise, I'll obviously be taking this in to the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
That 184BS has the side mounted A/C unit, right? If so, I wouldn't say there's a quick fix. Could be:
  • The condensation drain hole in the bottom of the unit is plugged.
  • The metal catch-pan that the A/C sits in isn't properly directing water to the outside of the trailer wall.
  • The metal pan isn't properly sealed against the cutout on the side wall, so water exits the pan and leaks into the wall.
  • Too much putty on the bottom edge of the protective cover over the A/C unit is causing water to back up into the wall instead of drain.

I've experienced and had to fix at least 3 of those problems:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post887558

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post979268

Sounds like a "back to the dealer" trip. I recommend you check closely to make sure they've actually fixed the root problem with whatever "fix" they devise.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:31 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. Those all sound like plausible explanations, and I'll most definitely make sure they actually fix it. I have a small "laundry list" of warranty items of minor issues I've been saving up, then was just planning on bringing it in at the end of the season. However, this is the first major issue and I'll definitely be getting it in ASAP. Pretty frustrating, but it is what it is...
BuckWallace is offline   Reply With Quote