Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #1

Adding scissor jacks to Swift 154BH

Thinking of replacing the stabilizing jacks in the rear of the trailer with scissor jacks and adding a set in the front. Has any one done this mod on their 154BH? I checked the frame of the trailer and I have a doubt about the width of the frame to attach the jacks. Any suggestions?
Newtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #2

Support for jacks

I ran a 1/4" x 4" pce of steel from one side of the tt to the other. Bolted the jacks to it and the tt frame. Worked great in front and back of the tt.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:22 AM   #3

We have a Swift 145Rb-Baja Edition. It came with 4 stabilizer jacks, one on each corner of the TT. Each BAL brand unit is rated for 1500 lbs, or a total of 6000 lbs. Fully loaded the 145 Rb weighs way less than 4000lbs.
Do you have stabilizer jacks on the front corners? With 4 stabilizer jacks we are quite satisfied with the unit. First, I level it from front to back with the front crank, then side to side with either the front or the rear stabilizers. Usually we are parked on a reasonably level site. I have not yet found it necessary to consider switching to scissor jacks.
ranchosinvacas is offline   Reply With Quote