Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2015, 09:07 AM   #1

#@&! Dinette Light

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4pdp719qc...slide.jpg?dl=0

Can't figure out for the life of me what the designers were thinking when providing us with this little gem of a light above the dinette on our 2016 WhiteHawk. In order to turn it on or off, you have to pull down on the top of the shade enough to stick a finger into a gap between the shade and ceiling in order to access a pushbutton switch. The bottom of the shade is sealed with an acrylic diffuser, so reaching up through is not an option. I feel like I'm going to bend or break something every time I attempt to use it. Anybody else out there feeling my pain? I'm really hoping someone on here will point out an as yet unknown wall switch that I may have overlooked to turn it on or off, but the entire family has already looked for one to no avail. I can't seem to figure out how to post an actual photo, so I've attached a dropbox link for viewing. I apologize for my ignorance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:51 AM   #2

Ours is a 2016 model 27RLS, and has a switch on the wall between the couch and dinette.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #3

[QUOTE][Ours is a 2016 model 27RLS, and has a switch on the wall between the couch and dinette./QUOTE]

No such switch on our 27DSRL which is kind of surprising given how similar the two models are. I just dodged raindrops to run out and check for myself to be certain.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #4

yeah, theres gotta be a wall switch for a fancy fixture like that. Should be near the entrance door, in the control center, possibly?
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #5

Digging up a bit of an old thread here, but finally got into the camper for the 1st time today since putting it to bed in the fall. Spent a whopping $4 on Amazon and converted the fixture to remote control. 10 minute job and works as slick as can be. No more struggle to reach the hidden switch.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:00 PM   #6

Here's a pic of the dinette fixture in question...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:14 PM   #7

SparkDr -
Got a link for that handy device?
I added a a LED Light over the Bedroom Pocket Door - Walk in when wife is sleep, reach up press to turn it on dim - get into bed use the remote to turn it of. The light over is too bright for that however i would like to add a remote on/off to the bedroom light.

Pro Elec LED Wireless Puck Lights with Remote and Batteries - 6 pack | GLP0001 | Pro Elec

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:23 PM   #8

Ask and you shall receive...

Robot Check

Old 03-13-2016, 07:23 PM   #9

On our Starcraft, the main interior light switch turns on all the lights, including the one over the dinette. Reaching up to turn it on or off is a pain. Very easy to do, the controller fits easily in the fixture base. I mounted the remote using Velcro on the inside of electrical panel door. The black remote in the picture is to dim the LED awning lights.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote