Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #1

Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler

Has anyone tried these with the X213? My concern is how close the tires are together. They say you can cut off up to 4 inches to get them to fit and might have to do that but just wanted to know before buying them. Here they are: https://www.andersenhitches.com/Prod...r-leveler.aspx

John
2011 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X213
2000 Chevy 2500HD Silverado
jmoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoors View Post
Has anyone tried these with the X213? My concern is how close the tires are together. They say you can cut off up to 4 inches to get them to fit and might have to do that but just wanted to know before buying them. Here they are: https://www.andersenhitches.com/Prod...r-leveler.aspx
We own a set of these and love them. We didn't have to trim ours. I could see on the x213 the tires are a little closer together. Trim them to your needs and use them. Worth the money and you don't have to carry boards with you. It just depends on the camp sites you use. The ones we go to are not sloped to terrible and the levelers work great.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:53 PM   #3

I looked at these, but then decided simpler was better. I made a tri-level leveler out of a single treated 8 foot 2x6. Cost way less than any other commercial leveler and lasts just about forever. If I damage it...I'll make another. I've used the same one for about 6 years now. It works, and it's cheap.

Making it was pretty simple. I think I just cut the top board at 8 inches, the middle board at 16 inches, and the bottom board at 24 inches. I then beveled the leading edge of each board to make a "ramp" the tire drives over. Putting it together was simple enough. I aligned the un-beveled edges and screwed the 16 inch board to the 24 inch board, and then screwed the 8 inch board to the other two using exterior grade screws. that way, I have three different 1 inch (or 3/4) height adjustments. If I get a site that's more than 3 inches off level, I go to another site.

Of note, I can't take credit for this idea. I acquired it from someone else on another forum.
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #4

Justman - I did something similar, but instead of screwing them together I drilled holes down through all three levels when they were lined up. I used Gutter Nails that are cut to the right length to drop into the holds. That way I store the boards individually, pick them up individually (much lighter) and can use them individually or as a stack. All the nails do is keep the boards stacked correctly.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #5

Unfortunately, I purchased a set of those Andersen levelers before realizing my wheels are real close together as well on my hopefully soon to be ready Octane T32C TH. I really do not want to trim these levelers and I for sure do not want to go with LT235/85 R16 G rated Sailun tires because that would only leave a scant one inch between wheels even though a member here was told by the manufacturer that one inch is OK. This will now force me to go with the 17.5" Sailun H rated tires and rims which, IIRC, is a tad smaller in diameter than even the stock wheels. The other thing about going with the taller LT235/85 R16s may be the fact that you could kiss ever using X-chocks goodbye, know whadda mean?
(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #6

There are lots of post on the Anderson's. I cut off the 4" with a circle saw and that means I have about a 1" lip to pull onto. I would not got back to legos if you gave me a full refund on the Anderson's. One of the best purchase I ever made for the 5W.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
There are lots of post on the Anderson's. I cut off the 4" with a circle saw and that means I have about a 1" lip to pull onto. I would not got back to legos if you gave me a full refund on the Anderson's. One of the best purchase I ever made for the 5W.
I cut them on a slight angle to its not a full 1" edge but these are great. Even trimmed we can level our camper in a fraction of the time it use to take. We have been using them for over a year and probably set up camp 16+ times wi them on grass, stone, concrete and asphalt not a problem yet. I agree there are a little pricy for plastic but have held up and made my job easier. Plus with the X23f w do not have a ton of storage for a lot of wood blocks.