Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2016, 12:21 AM   #441

New 2017 X213

Hello, everyone. We have had our X213 for just under a month and we've been out twice. Very easy to tow with 2010 Armada. I wanted to say thanks to all the contributors here. It has been very helpful going through all the pages and researching. Looking forward to some great family time with the trailer. Kids love it and are very glad the bikes can come along with us.
Attached Thumbnails
PART951472013707545952016080695120014.jpg  
ArmadaX213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:49 AM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV4D View Post
Does this work for the rain as well or do you not worry about getting water off before you slide it in?
Yes, I put it on high speed to blow most of the water the water, pine needle or leaves off when I am retracting the slide (wife operates the switch for the slide) I still open it back up when I get home to properly dry and wipe the seals
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:03 AM   #443

On a trip last year at a reserved site at Alice Lake on the Labour Day weekend as I backed into my site, another X213 backed in a site beside me. It was pretty cool. We did a lot of chatting and I helped him with propane issues he was having. We checked each other's rigs and found that he only had a propane water heater and mine is both gas and electric. I showed him my x chocks,levelling blocks and trailer ramp for changing tires. He loved my propane pit too since it was raining most of the time we were there. I had it set up under my awning,
Old 08-29-2016, 08:29 PM   #444

Need help with WH bypass

I have a 2017 X213. I want to be ready for winterizing when the temperature starts changing. I removed the back dinette plywood to reveal the water heater tank, however the water line connections do not have a bypass valve in them per all the diagrams I've seen. In fact, the two valve that I assume to be the A and B valve, are right at the "T" of the pipe that joins the two pipes together. Has anyone seen this type of setup? Is the bypass valve in a different location? I can get a photo of it in the morning.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:25 PM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmadaX213 View Post
I have a 2017 X213. I want to be ready for winterizing when the temperature starts changing. I removed the back dinette plywood to reveal the water heater tank, however the water line connections do not have a bypass valve in them per all the diagrams I've seen. In fact, the two valve that I assume to be the A and B valve, are right at the "T" of the pipe that joins the two pipes together. Has anyone seen this type of setup? Is the bypass valve in a different location? I can get a photo of it in the morning.

You flip those 2 valves; make sure they are both pointing at the hose connecting them and you are in bypass mode.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #446

Great. Thank you very much!
Old 09-05-2016, 07:24 AM   #447
Lost in the Woods

I discovered small tear right on the corner of my roof, probably cause by a tree branch. It developed into a small leak which was easily repaired, but the problem is the type of interior paneling/wallpaper Jayco uses. Seriously?? They have to use a product that isn't compatible with water ?? Idiots !! From reading online, the "brains" at Jayco use a glue to bond the wall covering that will crystallize when in contact with moisture that will cause pimpling and delamination between the wood the panel and the covering. Trailers are all built like crap except maybe Airstream, but spending over 100G on one doesn't make any sense in my books.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I discovered small tear right on the corner of my roof, probably cause by a tree branch. It developed into a small leak which was easily repaired, but the problem is the type of interior paneling/wallpaper Jayco uses. Seriously?? They have to use a product that isn't compatible with water ?? Idiots !! From reading online, the "brains" at Jayco use a glue to bond the wall covering that will crystallize when in contact with moisture that will cause pimpling and delamination between the wood the panel and the covering. Trailers are all built like crap except maybe Airstream, but spending over 100G on one doesn't make any sense in my books.

We had the same tear. And another X213 owner we met last month appears to have the same problem. Their trailer was purchased less than a year ago. Ours was less than 2 years old. I think it was just jayco's poor caulk job and that they designed it so water pools in the front corners. (Our tear was in the caulk, not the actual roof so maybe different issue than you?)

And yes, the paneling they used in that section sucks. It was MDF backed too and not the Luan they use elsewhere. We replaced it with Luan which is at least a step up from the crap they used.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #449
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post

And yes, the paneling they used in that section sucks. It was MDF backed too and not the Luan they use elsewhere. We replaced it with Luan which is at least a step up from the crap they used.
My leak was definitely from damage, but for the life of me I don't recall ever scraping against anything. I'm very handy and can fix just about anything, but the problem I have now is where to get matching interior paneling or wallpaper to get an invisible repair. What did you end up covering the Luan in your repair? Thankfully the damage is in a small location, and I could probably just cover it up with a picture of the Mother In Law, but might just have to live with it.
Thanks for the reply !
Old 09-05-2016, 02:03 PM   #450

any x213 owners out there??

Quote:
My leak was definitely from damage, but for the life of me I don't recall ever scraping against anything. I'm very handy and can fix just about anything, but the problem I have now is where to get matching interior paneling or wallpaper to get an invisible repair. What did you end up covering the Luan in your repair? Thankfully the damage is in a small location, and I could probably just cover it up with a picture of the Mother In Law, but might just have to live with it.

Thanks for the reply !

I'll get pics for you once we're home. We replaced the entire panel that is visible from the top bunk. Also did the panel underneath that bunk (the ceiling of the bottom bunk) because the dealer didn't give us all our pieces back when we took our trailer home (we left with it in pieces). Lots of work to replace the entire panel but with it as we added more insulation, got rid of any water and dirt from the leak and put the bunks back in more secure than they were before.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #451
Lost in the Woods

I got half way through reading your reply, and had to run outside to check the bottom of the top bunk. Awesome !!! I found the replacement panel I need !Thank-you!
I'll use that to repair my damage (the wall behind the couch) and replace the bottom of the top bunk with a generic white panel since only midgets will notice that it's different.
It would be nice if Jayco had at least the correct wallpaper available for us to purchase so that repairs could be made. I'm sure we're not the only ones that have had unfortunate water damage.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #452

Quote:
I got half way through reading your reply, and had to run outside to check the bottom of the top bunk. Awesome !!! I found the replacement panel I need !Thank-you!
I'll use that to repair my damage (the wall behind the couch) and replace the bottom of the top bunk with a generic white panel since only midgets will notice that it's different.
It would be nice if Jayco had at least the correct wallpaper available for us to purchase so that repairs could be made. I'm sure we're not the only ones that have had unfortunate water damage.
Sweet! Glad I could help even without pics!

I know the dealer that started our work would order in panels for us. One panel was CAD$50 I think...maybe less...would have to check with my other half. That being said, that was when they were doing the work. Not sure if they would have got us a panel if we were doing the work. As it is, they have pieces that belong to us and we decided we would rather purchase non-matching replacements than have to deal with them again.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:02 PM   #453
Lost in the Woods

I'm also in Canada but bought my TT used, so I don't have a dealer to help me out. Before I rip the top bunk apart for the panel, I will try and call Jayco to see if they have a part number for it and see if it's still available. Being north of the border, I'm not being too optimistic.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #454

Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the tabletop in an X213? Or better yet, the width of space between the seats in the dinette. I can't get to mine at the moment to measure myself. Mine's a 2014, if it matters.
Adam&Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #455
Fin

Hey all

Just bought a new 2016 x213 at the Toronto rv Show. Been looking at them and many other RV's since last year and found a deal we couldn't refuse. Only problem is that we have to wait another two months before picking it up. Pita. That said I wanted to thank everyone here for their posts and ideas galore. Very helpful information and I'm sure to have a few more questions as we approach delivery.

Cheers

Fin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #456

Congratulations on your new Jay Feather.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #457
Fin

Hey all

One quick question, am looking at getting a Rhino Flex RV Sewer Kit for our X213, can you tell me what length will fit into the trailer bumper? Is a 15 ft adequate?

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Fin
Old 01-24-2017, 06:25 PM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin View Post
Hey all

One quick question, am looking at getting a Rhino Flex RV Sewer Kit for our X213, can you tell me what length will fit into the trailer bumper? Is a 15 ft adequate?

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Fin
That's the size of kit we bought and it has been long enough for us at every dump station we've been at. Not sure if anything longer would work, I'll ask the sewer duty guy when he gets home.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #459
Fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
That's the size of kit we bought and it has been long enough for us at every dump station we've been at. Not sure if anything longer would work, I'll ask the sewer duty guy when he gets home.
Many thanks SilverEscape.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #460

15 feet will work at dump stations. If you are on most sites with sewer it will work.

Occasionally you may find yourself in a unique position where the hookups are at the back of the site not the side, then you may be short.

Congratulations on the new memory maker

The views expressed may not be mine in five minutes.