Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
15 feet will work at dump stations. If you are on most sites with sewer it will work.

Occasionally you may find yourself in a unique position where the hookups are at the back of the site not the side, then you may be short.

Congratulations on the new memory maker

The views expressed may not be mine in five minutes.
This is something I had not considered as we there is only sewer site we have been at, and it was on the correct side. Sewer sites are not common in my province other than at private, RV parking lots. Our provincial and national campgrounds are typically well treed, have decent privacy and no sewer hook up.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #462
Fin

Quote:
15 feet will work at dump stations. If you are on most sites with sewer it will work.

Occasionally you may find yourself in a unique position where the hookups are at the back of the site not the side, then you may be short.

Congratulations on the new memory maker

I was wondering about that. Could buy a 20 ft but will that fit in the bumper? Just not sure how well these things compress.

Cheers

Fin
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin View Post
I was wondering about that. Could buy a 20 ft but will that fit in the bumper? Just not sure how well these things compress.

Cheers

Fin
Talked to the sewer guy and he said he thinks a longer one should work. In ours we have the 15' hose and then another wand sprayer thing (that doesn't work well in the toilet for this trailer so we really don't have a need to bring it), but it's about 2.5' in addition to the 15' hose. The longer one has connection points that don't compress, but still seems doable.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #464

Leather vs cloth

Hi everyone! I am about to be a new x213 owner. We are very excited to finally find the trailer my husband and myself can agree on. It seems to have everything! My question is do you have leather vs cloth and why? Do you like it or do you wish you went with the other option?
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #465

Congratulations on the pending purchase and welcome to the forum.

Different trailer, but we have both surfaces; couch and 2 swivel rockers are 'pleather', but the seats of our 4 dining chairs are fabric. Both types have been fine.

The dogs jump on the couch and rockers, sometimes with dirty feet. Those surfaces wipe clean easily. There have been a few drops spilled onto the dining chairs, but wiped up without a problem. They are heavily patterned and no stains are noticeable on them.

Hope that helps.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:02 AM   #466

We have leather that was produced without harm to any animal. (fake leather whatever they call it)

So far it has worked about as we expected. A little cold when it is cold, hot when it is hot. It's one of those details we didn't think too much about.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Hi everyone! I am about to be a new x213 owner. We are very excited to finally find the trailer my husband and myself can agree on. It seems to have everything! My question is do you have leather vs cloth and why? Do you like it or do you wish you went with the other option?
Just cloth in ours. We bought it off the lot as it was, and that's what it had. Not sure why I'd want leather or fake leather in the TT anyway. Don't even have it in the F-150, and don't miss it at all (I had leather in my '03 Accord Coupe and it's in my wife's '10 Edge - it's not bad, just don't see a reason to pay extra for it). As others have mentioned, it's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #468
Fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEscape View Post
Talked to the sewer guy and he said he thinks a longer one should work. In ours we have the 15' hose and then another wand sprayer thing (that doesn't work well in the toilet for this trailer so we really don't have a need to bring it), but it's about 2.5' in addition to the 15' hose. The longer one has connection points that don't compress, but still seems doable.
Thanks SilverEscape. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Fin
Old 01-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #469
Fin

I have another question for you experts out there. :-)

I've been reading about electrical hookups lately and it dawned on me that I will be camping at a few locations that will not have 30 amp service so I need to get myself a 30 amp female to a standard male adapter. Now what has me confused is I'm hearing 20 amp and 15 amp as standard so which should I be getting?

Keeping in mind that anything electric is a black art to me, I do understand that I won't be able to run the AC on the lower amperage, but which is it? 15 or 20?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Fin
Old 01-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #470

Simply put amps equal power. You don't need a lot of power to run some lights and a mini fridge (15 or 20 amps). You need more to run an a/c (30 amp) and still more to run two a/c units (50 amps).

Old 01-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #471
Fin

Quote:
Simply put amps equal power. You don't need a lot of power to run some lights and a mini fridge (15 or 20 amps). You need more to run an a/c (30 amp) and still more to run two a/c units (50 amps).

Thanks TaftCoach

I think pretty much get that but it's which adapter should I be getting. If I buy a 15 amp adapter and use it on a 20 amp service are there any issues I should know about? I assume not. But conversely if I use a 20 amp adapter on a 15 amp service am I likely to overtax it?

Cheers

Fin
Old 01-27-2017, 07:33 PM   #472

The adapter allows your cord to work with the outlet at the camp ground. The plug for a 20 is different physically than a 30 or a 50. So if you have a "standard" plug and you are at a campground that only has a 30 amp style outlet you need an adapter. Once you see them it makes sense.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:00 AM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
I learned something here, that the Jay Feather "Select" models have an electric powered rear slideout (not manual).

The OP needs to also consider the amp/hr draw required to open/close the slideout as well when boondocking.

Bob
We often try to extend the slide out while still connected to the TV. Same with leveling using electric tongue jack.
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #474

Leather vs cloth

Thank you for all your replies! We went with the cloth and love it! It's very comfortable looks great. We hadn't seen the x213 in person only on YouTube . We weren't sure what it would look like in person. When we saw it we were happy with our choices just got back from our first 14 hour trip to pick it up. It was better in person then we could have imagined. So excited to join the forum. I appreciate all the information I have already learned from here. Thanks!
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Cloth, leather gets too cold and hot depending on temp
Old 02-05-2017, 04:23 PM   #476
Fin

any x213 owners out there??

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the radio in the 2016 x213 is like. Bought the rv at a show and don't pick it up until April. Wondering if it has a CD player, DVD player, how the inside and outside speakers work, what is the antenna like, does it have USB. Also seem to remember something about blue tooth access?

Thanks.

Fin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #477

Question Planning to get X213. Need suggestion for Dealer at Portland OR, SW Washington area

Dear all X213 owners,

Looking this thread for a while and get a lot of great information. Thanks for all of you share those knowledge and exchange those information here.

I am sold with this brand and model base on my research. But like to have a great dealer to work with.

I know it is possible to get great price out of state but not really sure how to deal with maintenance and warranty issue later. Hope to get a reliable dealer around my area (Portland OR, SW Washington) which could provide service late.

Thanks in advance.
chang50012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #478

It's the typical rv cd/DVD Bluetooth w/USB two inside and two outside speakers that are ativated by a/b buttons. Not sure how radio works my am/fm receiver was broken upon delivery. Everything else on entertainment system worked fine. Still under warranty so will be replaced soon.
Roadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:34 PM   #479

I believe any jayco dealer will take care of any warranty work on a jayco. As far as priority treatment , the dealer you buy from gives you preference treatment from those that bought from other dealers. If that makes sense?
Roadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #480

I have a 20 ft in the rear bumper with inches to spare.
Better a too long hose than one 6 " too short.
wvcmgbv8 is offline   Reply With Quote