Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by X213_2015 View Post
So I would like to report...our summer vacation was EPIC! 12,500 miles (8,500 of towing) w/ 22 National Parks and other points of interest along the way. All towed with a 2011 Ford F-150 V8 SCREW, wife and two kids. We dry-capmed about half of the 52 days we were gone, experienced unseasonably warm and cool temperatures, Earthquakes, wildfires and had 42 consecutive days without rain. Yes the X213 is a little tight for two adults and two teens for this long but in all we had an awesome trip with very few problems.

The solar performed absolutely awesome without us getting below half of the battery. The only days it was drawn down to half way where when we were dry camping and everyone decided a nice shower (outside) was in order. Other than that (and favorable weather) we had zero issues, used night lighting as we needed it and enjoyed our trip.

Problems:
1) Fridge Burner for some reason got plugged up heading into Yakima River Valley (103-105* during the day 60's at night). I caught it on the way in managed to clean it by soaking it in rubbing alcohol and blowing it out. It then worked admirably for a week or so before it plugged up again. After "servicing" it several times I broke down and went to camping world and picked up a new burner ($45 there/$35 on Amazon Norcold Burner Orifice Kit). If you fridge gets cold plugged in but not on GAS chances are your burner is clogged or your vent is blocked.

2) Car jacks are inadequate for jacking up a trailer. Yes the trailer was disconnected from the TV. but my F-150 jack could barely get it off the ground. I needed to use all the stabilizer jacks, a spare stabilizer I had and the truck jack to get the camper off the ground enough to get a tire that was punctured off. Deflating the damaged tire and the spare allowed me to get it back on and then air it back up. This same process at home with a proper bottle jack took me 10 minutes instead of an hour. I used one similar to this 12 Ton Bottle Jack. Might be a little overkill. The 4-way lug wrench was also a nice to have as well.

3) Ripped off a stabilizer. This one was a little iffy to begin with and I clipped some debris on the ground with it backing into my second campsite. Easy to replace - glad I had my impact driver to make it go fast.

4) 2 campsites where the RhonoFlex 15' hose was not enough. Had to purchase a 10' Extension which stores in the bumper attached to the 15'. Pull out the 15' and disconnect if it's enough - otherwise get the full 25'

5) A few screws loosened up on the outside of the camper. I expected a few to loosen up...and these were easy enough to tighten back down. Most were square drive through so I had to grab a bit at Wallmart.

Pics: Dry Camping @ Panguitch Lake Elev. 8660' and Crossing Powder River Pass Elev. 9666' I'll be writing more on my blog when I can find a few moments regarding planning, campgrounds and issues encountered along the way.

That sounds amazing...52 days!!! We just sold our 213, it was a great trailer. We upgraded our tow vehicle last year to a 2016 F150 Ecoboost and so naturally the trailer upgrade followed. We now have a Whitehawk 28BHKS which has tons of room for our family of 5.

I'd love to read more about your trip, if you posted it anywhere else in the forum. Like places you stayed, what was good, what is worth skipping, etc.

Your truck and trailer look great!
Old 11-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #502

Tank sensors not working in X213

The sensor for the battery is working ok. 4 led lights so full power.
The sensor for the grey tank only shows 1 led light even with the tank full.
The sensor for the black tank also shows 1 or 2 lights with full tank.
Any owners out there that have the same problem. I took it to the dealer and they said the sensors work normal. It is a 2017 model.
I assume that for the grey and black tanks all 4 led lights should lit up when the tanks are full.
Any advice ?
wvcmgbv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:56 AM   #503

I had the opposite issues on our 2016 X213 on the grey and black water tank gauges. They both read 3/4 to full when empty or almost empty. Dealership replaced them under warranty. I’d try another dealership that would replace them.
Roadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #504

Just bought a New-to-us 2007 X3213

Hi there!

Just wanted to introduce myself... last week (yup, in the middle of winter!) we bought a new-to-us 2007 X213. We've had our eyes on this floorplan for quite some time, but they're in very high demand where we live so it took some time for our luck to turn good!

We used to own a Jayco pop-up until it was totalled (while I was driving at highways speed, no less!) a few years ago, and we're really looking forward to the convenience and improved camping safety we'll experience with the 213!

We've got a few minor repairs to do in the spring, but otherwise, the trailer is in really good shape for its age. If anybody has any suggestions on ways to make things more efficient, or to increase storage or usability for a family of 4, we'd love to hear from you!

Ally
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:51 AM   #505

Welcome Ally! Congratulations on your new X213. We also upgraded from a pop up. I pitch a 6 man Coleman insta tent as extra storage space and use it as an alternate changing room when bathroom is occupied. We keep our shoes outside in a collapsible shoe rack outside the trailer door under awning to save floor space inside trailer.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #506

Hi, Ally, and welcome!

I’ve done a number of modifications that I’ve posted in the Mods section. Storage-wise, I recommend going vertical as much as possible. To that end, I put up pegboard in the outside storage area, and hang stuff on the bottom bunk.

My DW also found (for free!) a larger plastic 4-bin drawer unit, that we’re now using for clothing. The bins come in the house when we’re packing and everybody packs their own clothes (if it doesn’t fit, or hang up in the closet, in doesn’t go). The “dresser” also goes in the bunkhouse (and as you can tell, we don’t use the bottom bunk). I still need to add a pic to my thread for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daleallenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #507

Hi everyone,

The wife and I are thinking of picking one of these up from a dealership this week. I have a couple of questions for you guys. The MSRP is $30k with a sale price of $26k, what is a reasonable price to pay before ttl? The models they have do not have the Baja package, is it worth waiting for one that does? Thanks for all your help!
Deadlifter13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #508
Lost in the Woods

They sell for that price up here in Canada, and our dollar is worth 30%less. You do the math. If I lived in the US, I would seriously look at buying one in Canada and paying any import charges you might have.
What's in the Baja package?
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:46 PM   #509

We paid a little over 20k for ours in 2015 with all options and a few extras added on, but the MSRP was lower than 30k back then so you might want to do some research and price the unit with other dealers around the country and use that info to negotiate.

Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
Ford F-450 Diesel Pickup
mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #510

We purchased our 2017 for $17,856 and included the following options: Customer Value Package, Drying Rack/Sink Cover, LED TV, Electric Tongue Jack, Aluminum Rims.

MSRP was around $25,500

Quick look at Jayco's website shows the current MSRP at closer to $28k unless you are looking at a Baja Edition. I don't know why anyone would need off road tires on a trailer (the wheels just roll, I don't see any added traction), but that seems to be the big difference.
Birdsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #511

Congratulations Birdsey! That’s a great deal!

The benefit of the Baja is the higher ground clearance. I was going to get that option myself for rough gravel mountain roads. But then you got to worry about low hanging trees with a rubber roof so I opted without.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #512
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhound View Post
Congratulations Birdsey! That’s a great deal!

The benefit of the Baja is the higher ground clearance. I was going to get that option myself for rough gravel mountain roads. But then you got to worry about low hanging trees with a rubber roof so I opted without.
The X213 could actually use a bit more ground clearance.It's very low compared to other trailers. While this is a great thing for towing, it causes issues when camping on hilly terrain or when trying to dump the tanks.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:53 PM   #513

Thats why I ended up lifting mine 5 inches. Now sewer hookups are no longer an issue.
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodandmir View Post
Thats why I ended up lifting mine 5 inches. Now sewer hookups are no longer an issue.
We bought ours with the two inch lift kit for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ford F-450 Diesel Pickup
Old 02-09-2018, 08:32 PM   #515

Yes, I like that the 2” lift kit was standard on my 2016.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #516

I never had an issue dumping into a dump station. They're usually level and the is enough height the create flow.

The issue is if you want to use a honey wagon. They are about 8 or 10" high, plus the sewer house and connector. I only tried it once and never again. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 01:58 PM   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
The issue is if you want to use a honey wagon. They are about 8 or 10" high, plus the sewer house and connector. I only tried it once and never again
I learned to check that the hose clamps were properly tightened the first time I dumped using a tote... yechhh

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ford F-450 Diesel Pickup
Old 02-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #518

Question Need some expert advice - going to buy a 2014 X213

Hi all:

I am planning to go look at a 2014 X213 this coming Monday (2/19). I spoke to the current owner today, and one thing he mentioned stood out - he had bought the camper last year same time, and has not used it ever since, the camper has been stationary for the past year. This bothers me a bit since i believe some use is good for all mechanical things. Also, assuming the camper has been sitting uncovered (I do not know that), that might have led to cracks in the rubber and caulking etc.

I am seeking advice here - what are the specific things I should look into for this camper? I am a newbie, this will be my first camper, so no experience of doing this before. One of the things I learned while reading this thread is about the slide out, and if the mechanism rubs against the dinette/couch. Any other advice? What areas I need to pay attention to?

Also, if everything checks out, is $11k a good price for a camper this age, buying from a private party?

Thanks in advance for looking!
sanjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsey View Post
We purchased our 2017 for $17,856 and included the following options: Customer Value Package, Drying Rack/Sink Cover, LED TV, Electric Tongue Jack, Aluminum Rims.
That is such an awesome deal, it sounds almost unbelievable! Was $17,856 your Out The Door price, including all taxes and fees? Either way this deal is just fantastic. May I know which dealer was this?
sanjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:56 PM   #520

I would look for soft floors. My 2010 started to develop a soft floor in by the front door, just because of the high traffic and there was a seam in the luan flooring there which was unsupported. I supported it before it got too bad.

Also, check that all the items work. As the owner to already have the elec hot water tank on and the fridge on elec. When you get there you can switch them over to gas and see if they also work on gas. I did this for the people that came to buy my x213 when I sold it last year. I wanted them to know everything worked.

Try the slide out, make sure the motor is strong enough (can be a problem on the 213.

Check the water pump

Check the power awning

Check the DVD player...mine was on the fritz, so I bought a standalone unit for the TV and told the people who bought my trailer.

Check the tires, if they have DOT # that is xx13 or older, you should consider replacing them.