Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenner89 View Post
any tips for finding a tongue weight scale that I could use? Rv places have one?
Amazon is where I got mine.

Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
Ford F-450 Diesel Pickup
mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #542

Loaded (well, slightly overloaded) for camping, 1 battery, 2 20lb tanks on the tongue, 4 bikes under the bunk bed, no fresh water, minimal black tank and empty grey tank gave me a tongue weight of 700lbs (540 with WDH).

I don't know where they get that 390 lbs, but they must have moved everything heavy to the rear bumper, because mostly empty (most weight was behind the axles, except for propane and battery) I was 580lbs (440lbs with WDH)

My CAT scales visits here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...sit-59158.html

As for the tongue weight scale, make sure to test it out after getting the trailer weighed properly to see how accurate it is. I tried out this one: https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...le/A-p8686024e (Princess Auto is like the Canadian Harbor Freight), and it was ~100lbs under the CAT scale weight. I ended up returning it, and if I were to get something else, it would be a better quality one (and would still test it)

Good luck!

Paul
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #543

I agree with everyone that tongue weight is over 650# and typically over 700#. When we bought ours, we actually pulled off the propane tanks, the electric jack, the battery and the spare tire and put it all on our lawn. The trailer had only bedding on the beds and nothing else inside. Our scale that maxed at 500# wasn’t able to register the tongue weight. So it was over 500#. I have NO idea where Jayco got 390#. That tongue weight exercise with our X213 is why we now have an F-150 with the Max Tow package.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #544

Furnace access

X213 (2015)-

How do we access the furnace to troubleshoot on the x213? Trying to troubleshoot an ignition problem.

I get the blower to run but no ignition for heat. Have plenty of battery (fully charged). Can hear it trying to ignite but nothing fires up.

To remove it would I have to remove the fridge? The furnace sits below the fridge and I see no way to remove it to work on it. No access from the outside except for the exhaust. I can get a look at it from the panels under the fridge but good luck actually doing anything with it from there.
Any ideas?
rbenner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #545

I have a 2012 X213 and one of my biggest annoyances with it is the ground clearance. Does anyone know if it is possible to run the "Baja" lift axles on an older model that didnt come with them?

And can you run taller tires? Right now it has ST185/80R13's which are a 24.4" OD. I know I could potentially move to a 205/75R14(26.3") or a 215/75R14(26.8") which would gain me 2 to 2.5" of OD. That gives me ~1-1.25" of clearance. My concern is simply if the tires will fit without contacting the fender liners or each other in certain sitiations.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #546
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
I have a 2012 X213 and one of my biggest annoyances with it is the ground clearance. Does anyone know if it is possible to run the "Baja" lift axles on an older model that didnt come with them?

And can you run taller tires? Right now it has ST185/80R13's which are a 24.4" OD. I know I could potentially move to a 205/75R14(26.3") or a 215/75R14(26.8") which would gain me 2 to 2.5" of OD. That gives me ~1-1.25" of clearance. My concern is simply if the tires will fit without contacting the fender liners or each other in certain sitiations.
Not sure what "Baja lift axles" are, but the x213 uses torsion axles. I thought about lifting ours with fabricated plates to raise the factory axles, but decided to get rid of it and buy something new.
The trailer being too low was one of the reasons I got rid of it, but the main issue was the stupid heavy tongue weight. Of all the trailers we've had, this was the worst for pulling. We bought an RKS 235 which is 1000 LBS heavier, but it has less tongue weight that the X213 and tows soooo much nicer.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post

I have one and you'd be hard pressed to find much taller tires/wheels in that weight size that actually fit. As it stands now there's not much room between the tires. I've personally dragged my bumper (and a jack) through a campsite - so I feel your pain. That being said I wouldn't want that model sitting too much higher (especially with my kids - it wobbles even with the short stabilizers jacked nice in tight). That being said...only one drag in close to 10K miles of towing and months of camping in it (dry and full hookups). We have enjoyed it.
X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Not sure what "Baja lift axles" are, but the x213 uses torsion axles. I thought about lifting ours with fabricated plates to raise the factory axles, but decided to get rid of it and buy something new.
The trailer being too low was one of the reasons I got rid of it, but the main issue was the stupid heavy tongue weight. Of all the trailers we've had, this was the worst for pulling. We bought an RKS 235 which is 1000 LBS heavier, but it has less tongue weight that the X213 and tows soooo much nicer.
I actually had designed my own lift plates in Solidworks, but I just found these last night:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tdgXZd4ar2OYSY

It looks like 2-3 people have tried them successfully. The guy that built the upgraded turbo for my diesel Liberty has a CNC plasma cutter and is going to cut them for me. That's 3" of lift.

I have a 2014 F150 Max tow, 157" wheel base truck and so far I have not had any issues towing my trailer. The trucks base curb weight empty is 700 lbs more than the GVWR of the X213. I had to drive from the Black Hills in SD, through Wyoming , and into Utah 2 weeks ago as a winter storm was blowing in from the north. Almost the entire 9 hour trip consisted of 30 mph winds with 40 mph gusts. I had no problems whatsoever and was able to maintain 65-70mph the whole way. I do load most of my gear to the front and its been fine with the Equal-i-zer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X213_2015 View Post
I have one and you'd be hard pressed to find much taller tires/wheels in that weight size that actually fit. As it stands now there's not much room between the tires. I've personally dragged my bumper (and a jack) through a campsite - so I feel your pain. That being said I wouldn't want that model sitting too much higher (especially with my kids - it wobbles even with the short stabilizers jacked nice in tight). That being said...only one drag in close to 10K miles of towing and months of camping in it (dry and full hookups). We have enjoyed it.
I havent dragged yet. But I do a lot of dispersed camping that involve some rugged dirt roads and its always a bit tense.

Thats actually a great point with the stabilizers. They already have trouble reaching the ground if the site isnt level with the trailer as low as it is now.

I did a bunch of measuring yesterday and even drew up the trailing arm/axle assemblies in cad to see if there would be any interference with larger tires. The best I can tell is you can run up to a 215/75R14 without issue. The trailing arms really dont move all that far and wouldn't be able to get into a position where the tires can even contact. I also measured from the center of the hub to the fender liners with the full weight on the one axle, and had ~17" of clearance which means that wont even be close.

ST185's:

ST215's:

The actual travel of the trailing arms is far more limited than what is in these pictures. I can't seem to get them to upload off Tapatalk, but the arm doesnt seem to drop more than ~20 degrees down and not much higher than horizontal.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #549

Battery charger

Hello there fellow jayco owners! This may be a weird question, but I'm looking for a way to turn off the battery charger on my X213. Long story short I'm doing a solar conversion and want the panels to charge the battery rather than the charger (I have an inverter, etc already). I noticed there's no specific breaker switch for that, just a fuse. Any thoughts on how to disconnect the charger?
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:52 PM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
Hello there fellow jayco owners! This may be a weird question, but I'm looking for a way to turn off the battery charger on my X213. Long story short I'm doing a solar conversion and want the panels to charge the battery rather than the charger (I have an inverter, etc already). I noticed there's no specific breaker switch for that, just a fuse. Any thoughts on how to disconnect the charger?
I never disconnected mine. When I’m on shore power it charges with that and when. Not the panels take over. Never had an issue.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:01 PM   #551

Ok I was reading about how to plug in your shore power cord into the solar inverter and so if you do that and don't disconnect the charger (amongst other things), it will essentially draw power from the battery to charge the battery
Old 04-26-2021, 09:08 PM   #552

Are you also upgrading to lithium? If you are sticking with FLA then I'd leave both chargers connected. You can even use them simultaneously. If you're upgrading the batteries then you may want to ditch the stock converter anyway.
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:47 AM   #553

Quote:
Ok I was reading about how to plug in your shore power cord into the solar inverter and so if you do that and don't disconnect the charger (amongst other things), it will essentially draw power from the battery to charge the battery

So do you have a solar charger or some solar/charger / AC inverter system that back-feeds the camper? If it's the latter yeah you might want to disconnect the camper charger. I never ran a full camper inverter on mine - I just had a couple plug-in ones since there's not enough battery on my camper to run much more than the TV or possibly the microwave. If you've gone with an inverter and just run it in to where the shore power connects you will want to make that change. How many batteries do you have in your X213?
Old 06-25-2021, 08:50 PM   #554

Hi, we just bought our 2015 x213 tonight. We are super excited to move into it from our beloved 2014 Jayco pop up. Does anyone have pictures with the add a room on their x213? Thanks. Cant wait to dig into this amazing site!
Sheyr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:09 AM   #555

X213

Quote:
Originally Posted by X213_2015 View Post
So do you have a solar charger or some solar/charger / AC inverter system that back-feeds the camper? If it's the latter yeah you might want to disconnect the camper charger. I never ran a full camper inverter on mine - I just had a couple plug-in ones since there's not enough battery on my camper to run much more than the TV or possibly the microwave. If you've gone with an inverter and just run it in to where the shore power connects you will want to make that change. How many batteries do you have in your X213?

I'll have 2, 6 volt batteries with a 2000 watt inverter so enough to do basic outlets for charging electronics and running a couple fans (all appliances are gas). Do you know (or anyone for that matter) how to turn off the trailer converter on the x213? The breaker panel seems really poorly labelled.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:38 PM   #556

Quote:
I'll have 2, 6 volt batteries with a 2000 watt inverter so enough to do basic outlets for charging electronics and running a couple fans (all appliances are gas). Do you know (or anyone for that matter) how to turn off the trailer converter on the x213? The breaker panel seems really poorly labelled.
I'm about to install solar/inverter/2 lithium batteries etc. Just curious, where did you place everything. Did you put everything under the couch or table seats?
dmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:22 AM   #557

I am also doing the inverter and 2 batteries. Where did you end up installing the inverter?
klrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:34 PM   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrobert View Post
I am also doing the inverter and 2 batteries. Where did you end up installing the inverter?
Its being installed at a Jayco approved camper repair shop along with a solar panels, inverter etc. I'll take pics when I pick it up. One thing to note was they had to order a new converter because the existing one that came with my 2021 x213 was no good for Lithium ion batteries.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:52 AM   #559

FYI I just got it back from the dealer last week. He ended up putting everything under the jackknife couch. He said the 2 batteries were too big to put on the front of the camper and I have 2 kids so I couldn't put them under the bunks. He also had to upgrade the converter so it could handle lithium batteries.

Unfortunately, when I got it home and checked things, they obviously didn't check things. I had the go power weekender kit installed and the GFCI in the inverter trips as soon as the transfer switch gets plugged in. Also the lights in the front bunks, bathroom light and fan and 2 lights in the living room don't work so it looks like I will be bringing it get fixed again.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:36 PM   #560

I have a 2011 and am wondering if anyone here knows what type of speakers would replace the stock outdoor speakers as mine need replacing.
Reelscreamer is offline   Reply With Quote