Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheGround View Post
Originally it wasn't getting touched by the slide at all. There is a problem with the slide (master bed) being un-level and the only fix Jayco can come up with is to adjust the slide in such a way that the cushions get rubbed and dug into.

I feel and I have suggested to Jayco that there is a problem with the motor not being strong enough or clutch engaging too early when deploying the slide, but they don't seem to want to take my suggestion serious. Anytime I deployed the slide I would help it out by lifting it slightly in it's last few inches of travel while my wife held the button down and the slide was dead level every time. (previous to the new adjustment)

The dealer I am dealing with says that this seems to be a problem with the X213 and they hope that Jayco will come up with a better fix for it.
LOL, that is EXACTLY what my wife and I do. The clutch engages before the slideout is out all the way, I lift the slide out while she holds the button for the last few inches.

My slide doesn't dig into the couch the same way yours does, at least I don't think it does. It only dug into the dinette cushions and punctured them.

After lubricating all the slide rails with WD40, it does seem to operate more smoothly.

By the way, when extending the slide out, during the last 1" or so of travel, the head end of the bed elevates, so that my slide out is level. I didn't have Jayco make any modifications.

The only defect I have with my Jayco is the paint on the kitchen faucet is cracking and peeling. I guess I will have to buy a new faucet.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #42

[QUOTE=Quantum;43065]LOL, that is EXACTLY what my wife and I do. The clutch engages before the slideout is out all the way, I lift the slide out while she holds the button for the last few inches.

By the way, when extending the slide out, during the last 1" or so of travel, the head end of the bed elevates, so that my slide out is level. I didn't have Jayco make any modifications.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have explained this and demonstrated this to the dealer several times. They just don't seem to want to consider it as a problem. They along with Jayco head office have tunnel vision with the adjustment of the slide rails. (won't consider the motor/clutch)

I really wish these service people and head office people would consider listening to the user of the product. We are the ones in the field using this thing multiple times during the camping season. It's one thing to know the blue prints and engineering of the unit, but it's another thing to listen to the troops who are on the ground using the unit.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #43

Crabman, you are right, it is a big slide. It is to my understanding that Jayco only uses one type of slide motor for all trailers built by them. So it doesn't matter if you have a trailer with a huge heavy King bed slide or a trailer with a small light dinette slide, or a trailer with a slide somewhere in between the same motor pushes and pulls them in and out.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #44

The rear slide on our TT is the same as your Quantum. We recently got the TT out of service and this was one of my concerns, service said that they had to tighten up the hardware for the rear (bed) slide and we should have no problem with it. Well, we took it out last weekend and there I was outside the TT (pulling and lifting the slide) while my wife was inside operating the slide button. The problem was nowhere near fixed. IMO, it's a design flaw, too much slide for a single motor. Good luck.
chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #45

That was my first impression as well. That slide is hugh and all supported by the 10-12 inch wall on the rear of the trailer. I thought for sure it had a track in the top as well but it turns out it doesnt. I have asked this very question with alot of X213 X26 users and doesnt seem to have alot of complaints. I personally havent seen one in person yet but when looking at alot of the pictures of those for sale sitting on the dealer lots I do see a few where the slide is not sitting straight out. some droop alittle on the ends.

We are really looking into getting the X213 this spring and I usually keep the trailers a long time after I get one so you guys are making me think about if this is a good decision for me or not..

I love the bed slide idea as it really opens up a bunch of room in the smaller trailers when extended.

I'm guessing for now it might be a good idea to lay some good wall board material over the couch - maybe you could store this piece of wood under the bed mattress so it would be in a handy to get place.

From what I am hearing the bed retracks ok and seals up good just does it at a different angle then previously delivered.. I also bet those adjustment JAYCO are talking about are no where accessible for us users to get at without totally doing a tear-down routine around the bed. Thats probably why they dont want to deal with the setup problem - too much work involved...
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #46

The X213 is an excellent trailer minus this slide issue. We are more then happy with all aspects of the trailer except the slide.

I could carry some sort of wall board or plywood with me to put over the cushion when the slide is in, but it isn't a fix to the problem not to mention more things to worry about when packing up.

I feel the fix is very obvious and by the sounds of it both Quantum and Chopshop have the same problem and use the same actions to get the slide level. (Wife holds out button and husband lifts and assists the slide). So that is three users on this forum doing the same thing to correct the same problem. I hope that Jayco will consider what the customers/users have found and will examine the slide out motor and or clutch closer instead of concerntrating on the slide rail adjustment.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #47

This is what I though the support of the large bed slide wood look like. This one looks pretty good to me...

Its supported at the top and the bottom ???

2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
Old 11-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #48

Here is a pic of the cushion that got slightly damaged by the slideout rubbing on it while sliding in and out.

The other pic shows how much clearance I have above the couch. I'm not concerned about the track hitting the couch.

Unfortunately I could not take a pic with the slideout extended as the trailer is in storage backed up against a wall.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #49

QUANTUM - From what I have read so far I guess it is a blessing that the couch cushions are in the clear. I don't think you can remove a couch cushion. The cushions on the table are removable so you can do like one post indicated - just throw them into the slide area or on the floor when you re-track it.

Since all of this has is being talked about it seems just about every photo I see of one extended droops down on the end. Might be just an optic illusion but seems like they do droop down on the end as compared to the roof line.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #50

guys, for any one looking to buy a new x213 i would say do it. i bought a new 2012. x213 in june of this year, took it out 4 times so far and love it. i have no issues what so ever with the slide or cushions rubbing at all!

one very important thing i do when i open up my trailer (and extend out the bed) is i make sure my generators are on so the motor has plenty of juice to fully extend the bed. and at the very last 2" or so, the head of the bed will slightly tilt up, and level the bed. it might look very slightly un-level on the outside, but don't worry, it is level, after all the bed is on rails.
my only one minor complaint is the 28 gallon fresh water goes fast, even with me bringing an extra 7-gallon water tote. also, i have had difficulty emptying out the black water tank 100%, so a couple times i stuck a stick down the toilet while flushing to help get everything out of the black tank. other than that it's a great little trailer and would recommend this trailer to anyone looking to buy one.

the truth of the matter is, no matter what trailer you own, or plan to buy, you will always have a few minor problems
azdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #51

UPDATE and INFO regarding my X213 un-level slide out issue.

Received a call from the dealer the other day advising that my slide out motor is not the proper one for my unit. (as I suspected all along)

New motor is on order and will be installed in the spring once the trailer is out of storage. When the new motor is installed all previous adjustments will be reversed and hopefully no more slide digging into cushions and the slide will be level.

This made me a very happy camper. Hopefully this information will help others that are dealing with the same problem. If anyone would like more details send me a PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #52

That is great news! I always wondered about our slide motor, but since I am out of warranty now, I guess I don't really have a leg to stand on. Ours works okay, I'm not completely satisfied, but I can live with it.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #53

Talking

I bought an X213 in the spring, and have been fighting the slide issue all summer.
Last week the dealer had me get the trailer from storage, and they replaced the motor on the slide. The slide is finally level when extended and does not dig into the cushions.
The new motor seems to fix the problem.
From the info that I got, this was a pervasive problem with the X213.
Other than this issue, we love the trailer.

2011 Jayco X213
2005 Chev Tahoe 5.3L
dukercan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #54

Hi! we have a 2010 X213 and I have had no issues with the slide (knock on wood)...
Sportsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #55

We have a 213 with the same slide issue. Even with me pushing up on the slide as my wide extends it, it's still 2.25" out of level once the clutch engages. It is well powered (we use a 30A Yamaha EF4500iSE) and it still won't completely level up.

I've had it into the local dealer for adjustment, but the local RV tech insisted that this is normal and that Jayco designed the slide this way for water drainage. We had a disagreement as to why there should be 2.25" of slope which was not constructive so I opted not to continue the conversation with the gentleman.

Once our unit is out of winter storage, I'm taking it back and insisting on a better solution. Sleeping with your head below ones feet is not a pleasant experience. Nor is sleeping with your head at the other end of the bed with your pillow falling on the floor all night.

Hopefully Jayco or the dealership will assist us with a solution to the infamous "sloping slide" issue.

One year of warranty left. *crossing fingers for a solution*
Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #56

NVarra- Call Jayco head office and start discussing this with them during the off season so your camping season isn't effected too much. As you probably read, I have had a heck of a time with mine and finally they have figured out that the slide motors they put in the X213 isn't the proper motor for this unit. I have been telling them this from the start, but I'm not a tech, so fell on deaf ears. As soon as mine comes out of storage it is getting the proper motor installed and hopefully the problem will be fixed.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #57

OffTheGround - Do you have any specific Jayco service reps that you were dealing with? If so, would you mind sharing their contact information? In the interest of good communication, it would be nice to speak with the same folks you did.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #58

Although I did start a file with someone from Jayco head office, ultimately they are not the ones who finally told me about the motor issue. It was my dealer that took the issue to Jayco and went to bat for me. Jayco Head Office phone number is 1 800 283 8267 if you want to call them directly. Have your VIN number ready. keep me posted and if I can help in any other way I will.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #59

I just emailed Jayco last week through their website. Today one of the reps called my wife at home, and then proceeded to write me an email in response to my slideout motor. Apparently they need to change a trip breaker in the motor itself from 20A to 30A, that will keep the clutch from engaging until the slideout is fully extended. I'm out of warranty, but they will make this modification for me as a goodwill gesture. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with Jayco's customer service!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #60

This is not a problem....but rather a question.

When filling your fresh water tank, when the tank is almost full, water starts gushing out of the overflow tube. Even when I turn off the water hose, water still comes out of the tube for another 20-40 seconds...that is a lot of water going onto the ground. I figure it has to do with air pressure, etc. Maybe I need to fill the tank more slowly when the tank is nearing full? With such a small fresh water tank, I don't like losing so much water through the overflow tube.

Does anyone else experience this? LIke I said, its not a problem.