Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #121

Thanks Choo Choo Man. They were right where you said. I had looked at all of the obvious places but that would have been too easy to put them where you would think to look.
postalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalman View Post
This may sound elementary but I have not found my hot and cold water low point drains yet. I know where the freshwater low point drain is located. I have a 2012 X213 and I am getting ready to put it up for the winter.
Could you explain the hot and cold water low point drains - i winterized already by pumping antifreeze in the system - is this a step I should've done?

thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #123

This is a step you should have done in winterizing. What you should do is, open the low point drains (located in the skinny cabinet under the fridge) and then turn on your water pump and keep pumping until red antifreeze starts running out of the low point drains. Then run back inside and switch off the pump and close the low point drains. This works better with two people as you can have one person outside watching the water coming out of the low point drains and then yelling to the person in the trailer to close the drains when the antifreeze starts coming out. If you didn't do this step, you still have water in the lines that are leading to the low point drains.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #124

Can someone with an X213 measure the height from the ground to the top of the hitch when the trailer is level? I'm pickup up a used one next week, and I'd like to pre-adjust my ball setup before towing it home. I know I'll need to fine tune it later, just looking for a starting point that will hopefully be close enough to pull her home.

thanks
manfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #125

Mine is stored indoors, but I'm going there tomorrow to rotate the tires on my Traverse. I will check the height while I'm there and snap a picture with my phone.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfang View Post
Can someone with an X213 measure the height from the ground to the top of the hitch when the trailer is level? I'm pickup up a used one next week, and I'd like to pre-adjust my ball setup before towing it home. I know I'll need to fine tune it later, just looking for a starting point that will hopefully be close enough to pull her home.

thanks
It is about 19-20""
Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #127

Thanks Westerncanuck,

Hopefully all will go well picking this thing up. I've never towed anything this heavy with my Tacoma before.
manfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfang View Post
Thanks Westerncanuck,

Hopefully all will go well picking this thing up. I've never towed anything this heavy with my Tacoma before.
Congrats on your new TT, we love this rig. I found it very easy to and very stable...highly recommend a brake controller and WDH.....huge world of difference. Ride will be nice and level with the truck....took me a little while to dial in the brakes with he brake controller...once I did it...it stopped great!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #129

Here you go...

Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #130

Hi there... I wanted to thank everyone on this forum. I just purchased a 2012 X213. Signed the papers yesterday. I take delivery in April. I feel that I got a good deal and am looking forward to many nights camping next year.
The feedback from this forum was very helpful in evaluating some of the issues and getting real feedback from owners. Thanks!
Now, waiting out the long winter to get into new camper mode!!!!
Best to all,
Uprighter
Uprighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprighter View Post
Hi there... I wanted to thank everyone on this forum. I just purchased a 2012 X213. Signed the papers yesterday. I take delivery in April. I feel that I got a good deal and am looking forward to many nights camping next year.
The feedback from this forum was very helpful in evaluating some of the issues and getting real feedback from owners. Thanks!
Now, waiting out the long winter to get into new camper mode!!!!
Best to all,
Uprighter
Congratulations on your new X213....it's a great trailer....just ask away if you need any help. suggest you get a Maxair vent cover for the washroom. Simple to install and it came in handy when we had a bad thunderstorm and heavy rain. I was still able to leave the vent open without any problems.
So there is your first mod before you even have it in your driveway
Old 11-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #132

Currently own a '10 x213 trading up to a '13 Ultralite 228. the slide bed is okay if you are into mountain climbing and enjoy sleeping on something hard. Very difficult climbing up & down. we eventually learned the need to sleep in reverse, to avoid banging your heads on the overhead cabinets. mattress could have been a couple inches thicker. The TV mount should have been a tilter, cannot view from table or couch, only bed slide. Bunk area a plus, our son slept in the bottom while the top served as stowage for clothes and such. the bottom bunk moves out of the way for the bikes and chairs, canopies. It's liteweight and short length is a plus.
ram2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2009 View Post
Currently own a '10 x213 trading up to a '13 Ultralite 228. the slide bed is okay if you are into mountain climbing and enjoy sleeping on something hard. Very difficult climbing up & down. we eventually learned the need to sleep in reverse, to avoid banging your heads on the overhead cabinets. mattress could have been a couple inches thicker. The TV mount should have been a tilter, cannot view from table or couch, only bed slide. Bunk area a plus, our son slept in the bottom while the top served as stowage for clothes and such. the bottom bunk moves out of the way for the bikes and chairs, canopies. It's liteweight and short length is a plus.

Our 2012 model bed is very comfy as it came with an upgraded mattress, and the height is very similar to our bed at home so we dont find it an issue. And we have never banged anything on the cabinets above the bed.
Our only complaint would be lack of lights or elec outlet in the bed slide.
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #134

I installed some remote battery powered led puck lights below the cabinets above the bed in the slide out. It has a remote switch to turn them on t the foot of the bed and they can be turned off at the lights too. Bright enough to read by. I bought them at Costco.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #135

Quick question....
I'm picking up my 2012 x213 in April and am in the market for a WD hitch. I need a measurement first, then on with the discussion...
Can anyone tell me what size the a-frame is on the x213? Trying to determine the height of the steel frame to bolt the hitch to...
So, here's a question... Anyone using the Andersen hitch for the 213?
I've been looking at blue ox, equalizer, Reese dual cam and Andersen.... I'm leaning toward Andersen because its not like the others and in reading the forums, I've noticed that the people who have experience with it like it and those who question it, question it on theoretical grounds....
Any thoughts?
-uprighter
Uprighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #136

battery mods

Hey there....

Interested if WesternCanuck or any other members have some pics they could post of battery mods for the x213. I'm looking at either beefing up the battery or just moving to grabbing a generator. I'm a local BC camper so will be frequently doing dry camping. With kids, even after swapping out to LEDs throughout the trailer, i'm confident a single battery won't cut it without another battery or a charging plan.

Any experiences of mods would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Steph
Old 05-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephpar View Post
Hey there....

Interested if WesternCanuck or any other members have some pics they could post of battery mods for the x213. I'm looking at either beefing up the battery or just moving to grabbing a generator. I'm a local BC camper so will be frequently doing dry camping. With kids, even after swapping out to LEDs throughout the trailer, i'm confident a single battery won't cut it without another battery or a charging plan.

Any experiences of mods would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Steph
Hi Steph, I decided I did not want that much additional weight on the tongue, I bought the Champion 3100 generator from Costco to charge the battery as well as for the microwave and AC if I decide to use them. I have been charging it with my Champion 2000 previously but that one I have to use my smart charger which can take longer to charge. I am also going to buy a size 31 AGM battery to replace the existing size 24 wet battery
Old 05-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
Hi Steph, I decided I did not want that much additional weight on the tongue, I bought the Champion 3100 generator from Costco to charge the battery as well as for the microwave and AC if I decide to use them. I have been charging it with my Champion 2000 previously but that one I have to use my smart charger which can take longer to charge. I am also going to buy a size 31 AGM battery to replace the existing size 24 wet battery
Thanks for the reply bcx213. Learning every time I come on here. I'm generator hunting now but worried about weight mostly so I've limited myself to the 2000w gens. Doesn't the trailer do its own charging if you had the champion 2000 plugged in? How come the extra charger was required? I'm interested in getting a honda 2000 but hard to find on craigslist before they get snapped up. Any chance you were able to compare the noise of your old champion vs a Honda? My wife is worried about noise.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #139

The 2000 watt charges the battery just fine, got the 3100 to use the microwave during generator run times at provincial parks. I usually set up on the perimeter of the camp grounds away from other as much as possible. I also need to charge my portable battery pack for a CPAP machine that I have to use for sleep apnea. I have tested the 3100 and had readings of 58 dbs on load @ 23 feet. readings on my 2000 were 54 dbs. 58 dbs is regular speech level. When I am in my trailer, I barely hear it unless I have the window open. I can still maintain a normal conversation. It is a little noiser than a Honda 3000is but for the money and value? I think it is worth it.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #140

I just got a X213 this weekend. Love it. We used to have a 31' keystone but it was just too much trailer and could not store it at home. Last year we got a jayco baja, but missed the bathroom and room. Took it in for a warranty issue this week, walked into a X213 and knew it was perfect for the family, made a deal right there. I am sure i will have questions in the next year for experienced owners of this trailer.
roadrash3 is offline   Reply With Quote