Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #301

The usual culprit for me is the fuse by the battery...its just outside of the box on my 2015 x213. You can see it between the two boxes and the trailer body in the pic (excuse the filthy trailer)

stickyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:10 PM   #302

You folks are awesome! Thank you for the support and help! I really appreciate it.

There was a blown 30amp fuse just past the battery but under the trailer (see attached, barely noticeable at right in photo. Grounding at left in photo.). I had to crawl under the carriage to find it. Are there other hidden fuses I should be aware of? And, should I pull this fuse when storing the trailer to preserve the battery? Seems like they should standardize all things electrical...or would that make this too easy
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4975.jpg  
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:15 PM   #303

Pulling the fuse will stop any draw on the batteries but it won't prevent them from loosing charge over time. I never pull my fuse I use a battery tender and leave it hooked up 24/7 unless I'm taking a trip.
In the housing for the power jack there are some times hidden fuses. I have seen that in some of the Jacks I have serviced. If u have enough slack on that fuse wire I suggest u place the fuse holder under the battery box lid to help keep it clean.
bcosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:27 AM   #304

Jorgen, sorry to hear about the battery power issues with your new trailer. When I picked up my new trailer last week I was stoked that they set me up with 12v duel batteries. No questions asked. I'm now kinda suspicious if my dealership did that because they knew of the past 30 amp fuses blowing on the X213 I've been reading about on this forum. I will have to inquire with them! Your Max air looks good. Thanks for sharing your pic!
Roadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:54 AM   #305

Having the pair of batteries is a great idea. I run 2 12v deep cycle I have never ran out of battery power even with out charging for a couple of weeks of constant use. A fuse blowing has no relation to battery power. I used to blow my 30amp when operating my tongue jack. But that was my error, I held the button to long after the jack was fully open or closed. That caused a draw over 30amp and blew my fuse.

I recently added a bumper mount 2" receiver hitch for my bike rack I noticed the bumper is very light thin aluminum. I think I will have the bumper remade out of steel. Anyone else come across that?
Old 04-27-2016, 06:18 AM   #306

Instead of pulling fuses to eliminate parasitic battery drain, maybe install a battery disconnect...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8280.jpg  
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:42 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcosco View Post

I recently added a bumper mount 2" receiver hitch for my bike rack I noticed the bumper is very light thin aluminum. I think I will have the bumper remade out of steel. Anyone else come across that?

The bumper is not designed to have any weight off the back of it. Not to mention the bouncing your bikes would do. You could easily end up with your bikes on the highway and people having to swerve to avoid them.

Can you use the designated bike storage area? We can get 4 bikes there using fork mounts and they don't budge. Bikes are safe and others on the road are safe from our bikes. http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29518
Old 05-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #308

Has anyone explored the area in front of the outside storage spot to see if there's more storage space to use?

I'm looking to install an inverter somewhat close to the batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
x213 storage.JPG  
Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:09 PM   #309

I had bookmarked the following for myself...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...213-27399.html

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...s-27365-2.html
Old 05-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeum View Post
You're awesome. Thanks!
Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:02 AM   #311
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilde View Post
Has anyone explored the area in front of the outside storage spot to see if there's more storage space to use?

I'm looking to install an inverter somewhat close to the batteries.
Yup !! I just cut mine open last week. Lots of room in there.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #312

Access from inside bunk or from exterior storage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://goo.gl/photos/sQzc7u2x4QYHzxir7
Old 05-07-2016, 10:20 AM   #313

I opened up the area in the bunk bed.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #314

I'm wondering if they have that area purposely closed up because most people don't weigh their trailers and tongues and adding weight in that area would just contribute to an already heavy tongue; potentially overloading the rear axle of their vehicle and compromising handling. But because Jayco advertises this as one of their smaller, lighter trailers and show SUVs towing it in some pics (which is entertaining itself) most people buying it won't have 250/2500 or 350/3500 that could handle all the extra weight on their rear axle.

While the extra space would be nice, I know that for us, we can't really add any more tongue weight to the vehicle. Not because it can't take it, but because we're close to payload already. If I had the space, I'd have to fill it with pillows. Haha.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #315

To counter your tongue weight. Load heavier items on the rear of your trailer. I pull my trailer with a ram 2500 diesel, I'm way over board for this little trailer but we love it. I made that area in the bunk a big toy bin for my kids.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #316

Quote:
To counter your tongue weight. Load heavier items on the rear of your trailer. I pull my trailer with a ram 2500 diesel, I'm way over board for this little trailer but we love it. I made that area in the bunk a big toy bin for my kids.

Where exactly in the rear would you have room in the X213? The only place is under the bed slide and in the couch. That's where our chairs go and other things that get pulled out and set up and the area is full because it's not that large.

We keep our food in the pantry, kitchen stuff in the kitchen cabinets, clothing in the front wardrobe and cabinet above the bunk, bathroom stuff in the bathroom and tools and levelling stuff in the outside accessible cabinet. I like that when I arrive, I have very little set up. Slide out the bunk, set up dinette and toss the chairs, beach tent, and other lake stuff out the door and I'm ready to camp. So I'm not about to decide my canned goods are heavier than my beach tent and shove my canned goods under the dinette so I have more work to set up when I arrive.

We don't need the extra space anyway. We've got 5 of us and I'm happy with the amount we bring. A few more hooks in the place solved our issue of lack of space for jackets, towels and wet suits. I don't want to haul anymore stuff!
Old 05-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #317

Then your problem is solved. I need the space and I try to use every corner of my unit for something.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #318

Quote:
Then your problem is solved. I need the space and I try to use every corner of my unit for something.
I didn't have a problem to solve. I hope you didn't think I was criticizing that you needed the extra space. I was musing why Jayco didn't open that space for the average bear. I threw out extra heavy tongue weight as the possibility and said from our experience the tongue weight is very heavy on these. You are the one who said to put heavy stuff in the back and I just questioned where in the back you meant since the back is such a small area and difficult to get heavy things under the dinette or shove into the small opening for things under the couch. I was actually curious where you meant to store stuff and what heavy stuff you put there.

Folks here know a lot more about weights than the average person. The average person doesn't weight their trailer and is trying to tow the this thing with an SUV. They don't weigh the trailer or the tongue and just hitch up and go. So I can see why the area is closed off. I also think it's cool people who need it, have found a way to use it that works for them.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #319

Hey everyone. I picked up a couple of 6V interstate GC2 batteries at Costco today and wanted to find out what battery boxes seem to work best for these. The height looks like it's going to be very tight. Also, what size wire should be used to jump these? I had a post saved and I can't find it anymore.
Thanks in advance!
PackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #320

You need 10awg wire. I'm not sure about the boxes. Make sure to wire them in series so u get 12v instead of 6v. If you have larger wire it will be fine to use it.