Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlinthi View Post
The one we found used came with a nice dual 6V battery setup and solar chargers on the top-Chip
Chandler, AZ
I will wanting to do the the same thing to my X213 when I get it next spring... No chance of any pictures. If you got some pictures can you email me. I am curious where the two very large and heavy 6V batteries ended up.. Not much room up in front of the Propane Tanks - Guess that all adds to the tongue weight as well...
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #22

Was looking for the furnace in the X-213 pictures I have. Is that the furnace directly under the fridge. It must be the furnace or the Converter... I also see another door/panel under the fridge that has a screen on it. I dont see any floor ducts in any pictures so I reckon the furnace only has one heat outlet in the kitchen area. Also what is the black looking panel in the hallway between the dinette and couch right under the bed entrance. Maybe that is the converter???

I also see no Air Conditioner ducts anywhere except on the A/C itself so that must be like my POPUP A/C.

2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #23

Hey RoyBraddy, I can answer most of your questions....
-As for the slide, no track on top, tracking under the bed is the only ones.
-Weight limits for Sleeping extended or retracted 1100lbs (no supports needed while retracted to my knowledge)
-Weight limits for storage/cargo when extended, retracted or during travel 200lbs
-Furnace is directly under the fridge heat ducts run throughout the trailer via the walls (3 or 4 throughout including one in the bathroom)
-Black Panel under the bed entrance is the breaker panel (found that out when the wife was using a hot iron at the same time as the toaster one morning)
-AC is roof mounted mid trailer, no ducting for it just blows to the front and back right off the unit.

Any other questions let me know. I am currently getting mine ready for winter. I can send pics if you need them.
OffTheGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #24

Thanks - makes more sence now... I had a bigger resonse going and it all went away on me for some reason so I guess i will just stick with Thanks haha...

Old 11-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #25

More comments on X213...
Has anyone added any cables to the BED SLIDE OUT area. Since it has to move in and out was wondering what you would do with the cables. I'm assuming JAYCO has lights and power inside the bed area already... Must be a cable loop somewhere that moves with the bed slide...

I finally got to download an inside photo showing the bed slide retracted, Thtas pretty neat...

Also has anyone every brought inside water, or dirt that was on the outside of the bed slide and then when retracted all of this ends up on the couch and dinette... Is that a problem ???

Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #26

The slide out has a light on a coil type cord that plugs into a jack on the ceiling of the trailer. Just like the pop up trailers.

If it has been raining, or if leaves/pine needles etc fall down where I am camping, I will slide the picnic table over and stand on it to clear off the top of the slide out with a broom. Not a big deal.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
The slide out has a light on a coil type cord that plugs into a jack on the ceiling of the trailer. Just like the pop up trailers.
No power inside the bed slide... hmmmm... I was looking for something on the walls in the few pictures I have of the inside of the bed slide and didnt see anything... With the large opening into the living room I guess you really dont need anything inside the bed slide...

Im guessing that would be room for cut cables if you permanently added some home touches items with the slide moving in and out...

I always like to have a clock and a radio close by where I sleep. No bed lights either I guess...

Looking like if something was added the coiled cord at the entrance side would be the best idea. Open the bed slide out and then plug-in a cable to near the couch wall to power the things up maybe.

I'm thinking I at least gotta have a bed light under the those hanging cabinets - more pondering hehe

Thanks for the info

Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #28

Looking at pictures again -

Before retracting the bed slide it appears you have to let the couch out and take down the dinete table...

I guess that is no big effort but just more things to do before closing up shop and hitting the road again.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #29

Yes, couch has to go down and table has to be taken down as well.

We use battery operated lighting in the bunk area along with the corded light/fan that Quantum wrote about.

Side note for you or anyone looking into this unit. Pay close attention to the levelness of the bed once fully extended and retracted. I am currently having problems with the bunk being un-level. Jayco's suggested adjustment fix does the trick, but now the rail that the slide runs on digs into the fabric of the couch on the way in. I'm not too happy with this for obvious reasons, it's going to wear a hole in the couch over time not to mention staining the couch if lubrication/dirt etc gets on the rails.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #30

Thanks for the info - Will have to watch for that....

Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 AM   #31

We bought an x213 in September and have been out twice. We really like it. No issues yet. We like the floor plan since the bottom bunk at the front of the trailer folds up and allows us to carry our 2 bikes in that area. Our dog has claimed the sofa as his own. This is our first TT. Used to have a Jayco popup
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheGround View Post
Yes, couch has to go down and table has to be taken down as well.

We use battery operated lighting in the bunk area along with the corded light/fan that Quantum wrote about.

Side note for you or anyone looking into this unit. Pay close attention to the levelness of the bed once fully extended and retracted. I am currently having problems with the bunk being un-level. Jayco's suggested adjustment fix does the trick, but now the rail that the slide runs on digs into the fabric of the couch on the way in. I'm not too happy with this for obvious reasons, it's going to wear a hole in the couch over time not to mention staining the couch if lubrication/dirt etc gets on the rails.
We had the same problem with the rails on the couch cushions. Thankfully I put the cushions down upside down, so the hole is in the vinyl on the back of the cushion. Now I don't put the cushions on the dinette any more I toss them into the slide out.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #33

I always put the dinette cushons on the slide bed, but I am concerned about the couch cushion because I can't take it off. Very frustrating for me cause it seems that the company is washing their hands of this problem. I have a hard time intentionally damaging one area of the trailer to accomodate another design problem. Not to rant, but a lot of hard earned money was spent on this trailer not to mention 4 months of research and shopping around for what we hoped to be the best TT. Anyway, sorry for the rant.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheGround View Post
I always put the dinette cushons on the slide bed, but I am concerned about the couch cushion because I can't take it off. Very frustrating for me cause it seems that the company is washing their hands of this problem. I have a hard time intentionally damaging one area of the trailer to accomodate another design problem. Not to rant, but a lot of hard earned money was spent on this trailer not to mention 4 months of research and shopping around for what we hoped to be the best TT. Anyway, sorry for the rant.
Can you post some pics of this problem so others can see it?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #35

Next time I go to my parents I will get a picture snapped. Its parked in my dad's shop for the winter.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #36

I will try and snap a few pics tonight.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #37

First time posting pictures, so I hope I did it right.

Picture #1 shows the slide out rail rubbing on the sofa cushion.

Picture #2 shows the wooden trim that surrounds the slide out digging into the sofa.

After toying with the unit while taking pictures tonight I found that the wooden trim (pic#2) is going to be my biggest concern. It digs right into the cushion for a good part of the slide out travel. Not only am I concerned about the cushion getting worn out, the actual wooden trim and plastic strip on the trim is going to get damaged over time due to it catching the fabric.

Very frustrating.
Attached Thumbnails
Pic#1.jpg   Pic#2.jpg  
Old 11-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #38
Site Team

Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I had trouble visualizing what you were describing before the pics. I see your reason for concern. Are all the X213`s set up so the couch gets dragged over like that?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #39

Originally it wasn't getting touched by the slide at all. There is a problem with the slide (master bed) being un-level and the only fix Jayco can come up with is to adjust the slide in such a way that the cushions get rubbed and dug into.

I feel and I have suggested to Jayco that there is a problem with the motor not being strong enough or clutch engaging too early when deploying the slide, but they don't seem to want to take my suggestion serious. Anytime I deployed the slide I would help it out by lifting it slightly in it's last few inches of travel while my wife held the button down and the slide was dead level every time. (previous to the new adjustment)

The dealer I am dealing with says that this seems to be a problem with the X213 and they hope that Jayco will come up with a better fix for it.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #40
Site Team

In viewing the floorplan, that looks to be a huge rear slide with a king bed and considerable overhang out the back. I suppose it would take a beefy slide mechanism to extend/retract it and hold it level with that much leverage and weight on the back end.