Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #521
Site Team

Plan on looking at the roof seams and openings. Look for cracked caulk and and damage on the roof membrane. Also look in all the cabinets that are in contact with the ceiling and verify you see no evidence of water damage like discolored trim.

It would be better if you had a friend who knew something about what to look for. I would be asking why would someone buy a unit and let it sit for a year without using it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #522

Slide STUCK in after 6 months

We have had our 2017 x213 since June and have been traveling nonstop with the exception of a month since then... always lubricated, cared for, etc... we take excellent care of her. Then one day, the slide stops about 7 inches out and we can hear the clutch catching. So we bring it back in. Still under warranty, and the dealer thinks one of the "teeth" on the track snapped off (he's seen this before he says), so we are waiting for the part to arrive before we can make an appointment.

In the meantime, we are stuck in a VERY cramped space in the midst of traveling. CAN WE MANUALLY put out the slide without risking damage if there is, in fact, a "tooth" broken? I don't fully understand the mechanism and I haven't researched WHERE the manual crank is... so if you have this model and know where the manual crank is can you guide me? Any thoughts would help.
teamcarlooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:36 AM   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcarlooch View Post
We have had our 2017 x213 since June and have been traveling nonstop with the exception of a month since then... always lubricated, cared for, etc... we take excellent care of her. Then one day, the slide stops about 7 inches out and we can hear the clutch catching. So we bring it back in. Still under warranty, and the dealer thinks one of the "teeth" on the track snapped off (he's seen this before he says), so we are waiting for the part to arrive before we can make an appointment.

In the meantime, we are stuck in a VERY cramped space in the midst of traveling. CAN WE MANUALLY put out the slide without risking damage if there is, in fact, a "tooth" broken? I don't fully understand the mechanism and I haven't researched WHERE the manual crank is... so if you have this model and know where the manual crank is can you guide me? Any thoughts would help.
Manual crank opening is at the front of the bed below the mattress. There is an opening to slide the crank handle into. You will need to lie down on the floor under the bed to reach it with the bed retracted.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:40 AM   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
Manual crank opening is at the front of the bed below the mattress. There is an opening to slide the crank handle into. You will need to lie down on the floor under the bed to reach it with the bed retracted.
If it is indeed a broken tooth, it might be wise not to operate it.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #525
Lost in the Woods

If it's a broken tooth, the manual crank wont work either because it used the gear reduction of the unit. If I recall, mine has hitch pins connecting the drive motor to the drive bars that operate the slide. Just pull these out and manually push the slide open. It may take a a few guys to do it but you're not going to cause any damage.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #526

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeev View Post
That is such an awesome deal, it sounds almost unbelievable! Was $17,856 your Out The Door price, including all taxes and fees? Either way this deal is just fantastic. May I know which dealer was this?
It included all the fees except tax, I purchased it out of state so I paid the tax when I registered it in my home state. My local dealers were much higher also even with their "clearance sales." NY dealer gave me the low online quote, I drove out to look, then drove out a few weeks later to pick it up.

I didn't care that local dealers would give priority to those that bought from them. The minor issues I have had I happily resolved myself. A few months and a few thousand miles down the road I had a small water leak at the shower faucet where I had to hand tighten the fitting... A metal strap under the water tank broke and I re-secured it with a screw.

The trailer was missing a spare tire cover and after bothering the dealer I purchased it from once a month for a year I gave up and just bought a replacement.

I rather get a good price on the unit. Seems like those that need service wait eons from their dealers who give them preferred service anyway.

I am very happy with the X213.
Birdsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #527

New x213 owner

Hey to all, picking up our x213 next week.

Any tips on where to source a small in sink draining rack that will fit, and sink covers to increase counter top space?

With thanks in advance!

david
3VANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:37 PM   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3VANS View Post
Hey to all, picking up our x213 next week.

Any tips on where to source a small in sink draining rack that will fit, and sink covers to increase counter top space?

With thanks in advance!

david
Here’s all the info and where I got mine in 2015

Sink cover
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #529

Hi all! Fairly new to the forum. We picked up our X213 in January and went to Moab over spring break! It worked awesome with 70 degree weather, wind storms, thunderstorms, snowstorm and back to upper 60's...all in 5 days! Gotta love the mountain spring weather. I wanted to post this link on the solar install I did. It's completely exterior so the only drilling into the camper is for the panel mounts! Like I said, I'm new so I hope the link works.

ps. love reading everyone's insight and mods!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post622644
mrkarl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsey View Post
It included all the fees except tax, I purchased it out of state so I paid the tax when I registered it in my home state. My local dealers were much higher also even with their "clearance sales." NY dealer gave me the low online quote, I drove out to look, then drove out a few weeks later to pick it up.

I didn't care that local dealers would give priority to those that bought from them. The minor issues I have had I happily resolved myself. A few months and a few thousand miles down the road I had a small water leak at the shower faucet where I had to hand tighten the fitting... A metal strap under the water tank broke and I re-secured it with a screw.

The trailer was missing a spare tire cover and after bothering the dealer I purchased it from once a month for a year I gave up and just bought a replacement.

I rather get a good price on the unit. Seems like those that need service wait eons from their dealers who give them preferred service anyway.

I am very happy with the X213.
Which dealer was it that was it of state?
geight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #531

Hey all I have a new X213 camped with it twice so far. I have some concerns regarding a warm/slightly hot area at the top of the pantry closet adjacent to the refrigerator, also a strange odor in the cabinet..

I know the refrigerator vent pipe is adjacent to this cabinet anyone have this issue.. Am aware that with a new camper stoves and heaters have odor issues when first run.

Thanks
GeorgeDX213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #532

Well that would be near where the fridge chimney is. There could be junk in there from manufacturing. These are Absorption Fridges https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorption_refrigerator which use heat to remove heat from the space. A very different process from a conventional home refrigerator. Check to make sure some critter hasn't setup shop in your chimney if you are running on Propane (or electric) as that chimney needs good airflow. The strange odor could be from any number of things. Pull the fridge panel off the back and look around.
X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:55 PM   #533

why cant they build slide outs with rounded corners at the bottom so we don't have to deal with sharp corners
jantoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:11 PM   #534

Thanks X213 2015 for the reply. Had my dealer check it out, pulled the roof vent cover off check all around did put additional insulation in. Said the odor can be common on very new campers. Should dissipate with a few more uses.
GeorgeDX213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #535

Tongue weight

Hi all-I looked up the specs on the 2015 x213 and it says "hitch weight" 390lbs, assuming that is the tongue weight also. I've read that this trailer is tongue heavy. I believe you have to add propane tanks and battery to that calculation also? My truck supposedly can handle 650 lbs tongue weight. Info would be appreciated.
thanks
rbenner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #536

What type of truck are you planning on towing with. I have a 2011 F-150 SCREW LARIAT w/ 5.0 V8 - I towed my trailer nearly 18,000 miles with a WDH setup with no problems. It's rated for ~10% of the towing weight for tongue weight or around 720#. I have moved it around without the WDH - but towing any distance at highway speeds I would definitely want it on my trucks configuration. I've also towed with a full water tank. The sure fire way to get the weight is to load it up as you would tow it and weigh it. Propane, (1-2 tanks), a battery (required) may increase that weight...loading towards the rear of the axles reduces that weight.

Full grey/black tanks - because of where they are located increase hitch/tongue weight. What are you ringing for a truck? The 5.0 I have was ok cross-country - there were some hills where I wanted a bigger truck - but at no time (other than 13% grade) did I know my truck couldn't do it....but thats a story for another day..damn construction.
X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenner89 View Post
Hi all-I looked up the specs on the 2015 x213 and it says "hitch weight" 390lbs, assuming that is the tongue weight also. I've read that this trailer is tongue heavy. I believe you have to add propane tanks and battery to that calculation also? My truck supposedly can handle 650 lbs tongue weight. Info would be appreciated.
thanks
If you can, try to find a tongue scale. My X213 weighs 650-700lbs fully loaded and ready to go camping. I have never been able to get my tongue weight less than 650lbs
Equal i zer 10k w/sway control
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
EV4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #538

Our 2015 X213 with two batteries and full propane tanks and empty water tanks has 750 lbs on the tongue even before we got it fully loaded. Get a tongue scale from Amazon and check yours: https://www.sherline.com/product/she...-weight-scale/

Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
Ford F-450 Diesel Pickup
mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:30 AM   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV4D View Post
If you can, try to find a tongue scale. My X213 weighs 650-700lbs fully loaded and ready to go camping. I have never been able to get my tongue weight less than 650lbs
any tips for finding a tongue weight scale that I could use? Rv places have one?
Old 10-18-2018, 04:32 AM   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by X213_2015 View Post
What type of truck are you planning on towing with. I have a 2011 F-150 SCREW LARIAT w/ 5.0 V8 - I towed my trailer nearly 18,000 miles with a WDH setup with no problems. It's rated for ~10% of the towing weight for tongue weight or around 720#. I have moved it around without the WDH - but towing any distance at highway speeds I would definitely want it on my trucks configuration. I've also towed with a full water tank. The sure fire way to get the weight is to load it up as you would tow it and weigh it. Propane, (1-2 tanks), a battery (required) may increase that weight...loading towards the rear of the axles reduces that weight.

Full grey/black tanks - because of where they are located increase hitch/tongue weight. What are you ringing for a truck? The 5.0 I have was ok cross-country - there were some hills where I wanted a bigger truck - but at no time (other than 13% grade) did I know my truck couldn't do it....but thats a story for another day..damn construction.
Tacoma w/ tow package- have towed with it and was fine but want to upgrade suspension a bit for the increased tongue weight of the x213