Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #21

Not sure if this will help, but here's a photo I took of the upper bunk area at the PA Camper show this fall:

Additional photos of the X213 I took are at: http://www.pbase.com/d70svrider/jayco_x213

John
Attached Thumbnails
pX213_00014072.jpg  
perfpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfpix View Post
Not sure if this will help, but here's a photo I took of the upper bunk area at the PA Camper show this fall:

Additional photos of the X213 I took are at: http://www.pbase.com/d70svrider/jayco_x213

John

Lower bunk actually
Old 12-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #23

Yup...lower bunk
Old 12-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #24

Cool

If anybody can snap a couple of pics of the upper bunk, that'd be great.
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #25

This shows the bunk area a bit:
Attached Thumbnails
00014063 bunks.jpg  
Old 12-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #26

Considering the X213

We loved our 2012 x213. Only had it for one summer because a tree fell on it. If it were up to me, I would have bought a 2014 x213 to replace it. The 14 has LED's in the awning and a much larger fresh water tank now. My 4 year old daughter stayed in the top bunk. She loved it! I built a ladder for the top bunk. I got up into the top bunk once to check it out, not bad once I got up there but I'm only 5'9". My mother in-law stayed with us once and slept in the bottom bunk. She said it was ok. We folded it up and put our bikes in there while traveling. The ONLY thing my wife didn't like about it was crawling up into the slide out to make the bed. We loved sleeping in that king bed slide out though. It was like a fort for adults....lol. It towed very easy behind our Escalade. We spent 35 nights in it last summer. It was a great little camper.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Loveless View Post
We loved our 2012 x213. Only had it for one summer because a tree fell on it. If it were up to me, I would have bought a 2014 x213 to replace it. The 14 has LED's in the awning and a much larger fresh water tank now. My 4 year old daughter stayed in the top bunk. She loved it! I built a ladder for the top bunk. I got up into the top bunk once to check it out, not bad once I got up there but I'm only 5'9". My mother in-law stayed with us once and slept in the bottom bunk. She said it was ok. We folded it up and put our bikes in there while traveling. The ONLY thing my wife didn't like about it was crawling up into the slide out to make the bed. We loved sleeping in that king bed slide out though. It was like a fort for adults....lol. It towed very easy behind our Escalade. We spent 35 nights in it last summer. It was a great little camper.
I see you went White Hawk for your next one. To be honest I LOVE the 23MBH floor plan. Its just pushing up against my truck's weights and capabilities. The X213 gives me 15% of my GCWVR left over. The White Hawk gives me 9%.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #28

We liked the 23M too but in the end the X213 was lighter, cheaper and you could use the couch and bed at the same time.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulx213 View Post
We liked the 23M too but in the end the X213 was lighter, cheaper and you could use the couch and bed at the same time.
Good point !!!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #30

Just out of interest, did any of you look at the Rockwood Roo 23RS? Seems to be the direct competitor to the X213. Looks to have that White Hawk frame (up high), and some more bells and whistles. I'm sure it comes w/ a cost though.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #31

I think the ROO 23RS doesn't have a pantry next to the fridge because it has a larger bottom bunk.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #32

I'm going to go ahead and order one of these. My only concern is jumping in length from the X17z up to this 24' bumper to ball length. I'm told by everybody I ask that its not as big a deal as I'm making it out to be. Hope they are all right !!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #33
Site Team

^^^On the plus side the longer trailer will be easier to backup...
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #34

Placed the order today !!!

2014 X213
CVP
Power Package
TV
2" Lift Kit
Group 27 Battery

Dealer estimates 8-10 weeks. Better start planning some camping trips now !
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #35

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
Placed the order today !!!

2014 X213
CVP
Power Package
TV
2" Lift Kit
Group 27 Battery

Dealer estimates 8-10 weeks. Better start planning some camping trips now !
Congrats on your choice, mine is a 2012 that we bought new. Towing the trailer is a breeze, 1st year we had it, we got out every weekend that we could squeeze it. Enjoy your new trailer when you get it
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #36

We bought a 2008 used last winter (got a smokin deal on it) and love it. The only thing i dont like(and started a thread for suggestions) is how low the sewer pipes are. We had trouble with getting a pitch at several campgrounds so it would empty. So i wind up walking the hose to empty the holding tanks. Other than that we love it- congrats on the purchase.
Bguns423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bguns423 View Post
We bought a 2008 used last winter (got a smokin deal on it) and love it. The only thing i dont like(and started a thread for suggestions) is how low the sewer pipes are. We had trouble with getting a pitch at several campgrounds so it would empty. So i wind up walking the hose to empty the holding tanks. Other than that we love it- congrats on the purchase.
Exactly why I got the lift kit put on it. I figure these are awfully low to begin with so very little bit helps.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #38

Considering the x213

So we bought our current Jayco used, around March of this year, 2018. It's a 174BH Flight. A small travel trailer that our family of 5 have been full timing in for about 4.5 months. We've totally made it work thus far but now want to upgrade to the feather x213. I'm looking for people who have the newer version, by that I mean the one that is not canvas (slideout) and the pros and cons. Looking to upgrade in about 4-6 months. Thanks in advance!!
GinaVelarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #39

We are 4 (my wife and I, 12 yr old and 10 yr old), and use it a few weekends and 2-3 weeks in the summer. We find storage to be a bit of an issue, but looking at the 174BH there doesn't seem to be much in there either (I'm not a light packer either).

We got ours used this year (a 2016 was used for 1.5 seasons), but the previous owner (with 3 kids) upgraded to something a bit bigger. They found the couch to be more comfortable for the 3rd kid, but with it down you can't really get into the king sized bed easily, so they upgraded to something bigger (a 25BH, but it is 9' longer).

We also looked at the 224BH which has double bunks (if your kids don't mind doubling up), but you lose the sofa from the x213, and it is 5' longer.

4 bikes under the front bunk is tight, but doable (I put in 2 car-top bike holders screwed to some 2x4s, turn the handlebars on one bike and shove the 2 kids bikes in between). I don't think that 5 would fit, and I generally do 3 and throw the other in the bed of the truck. Tongue weight is an issue (I was 700lbs with WDH, 840 without) loaded for camping (no water), so a 1/2 ton with 5 people starts to lose carrying capacity quickly. (I was maxed out with my Tundra, but seems to have a couple hundred pounds less capacity than other 1/2 tons). They do seem to have moved the spare tire to the rear bumper instead of under the tongue (at least for the 2018), so that would probably help.

I like the option of turtleing, but we have not had to do it yet. We did, however, leave the bikes in one night as it was just a one night stay and we wanted an early start so my son slept on the couch so I didn't have to load the bikes in the morning.

Very happy to not have to deal with canvas bunks (upgraded from 2 years in a tent trailer where we had to take out the food and put it in the SUV at a number of campsites due to bears).

Not much in the way outdoor storage, so I end up storing a bunch of stuff in the truck.

Older x213s seem to have an issue with the king bed slideout motor, but knock on wood ours seems to be fine.

Can't really comment on the size of the black/grey tanks as we are normally in provincial parks with comfort stations, so the toilet is really only for night time, and we dump out dish water in the outhouse.

I seem to have gone round and round, so not sure how much help this is, but definitely things to think about.

What are you going to be pulling this with?

Good luck!
Paul
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:14 PM   #40

Wow, that's great. We bought a newer F150 and I also have an SUV. That we use for storage of things we don't need to be inside. The bikes and things stay outside the trailer until packing day. Then those and the heavier items go in the back of his truck. As of now, we're just going from resort to resort in California and Arizona. For Thanksgiving, we’re going to Texas to visit family so that will then be the furthest pulling it. We're looking for that bigger refrigerator too, in this trailer it's a tiny teeny tiny one so we bought a mini (dorm size) that we also use. We put it atop a small table and leave it outside. With rain and gusty winds, it's held its own but for how long?! Our two younger boys share a bunk but because of lack of storage space so do their clothes, which leaves them with very little room. Thankfully they are only on it to sleep. Looking forward to the upgrade.
GinaVelarde is offline   Reply With Quote