Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2015, 06:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
^^^ But it took too many calls from yourself, so I'd say they still get a failing grade.

We had so many difficult issues with our first Jayco purchase that I figured I'd never do business with a dealer again. I will say the Jayco camper we bought was completely to our satisfaction, but the process we had to deal with (dealership) was very unpleasent. When we contacted the dealerships sales management, they blamed it on the "new salesperson", yet they never offered us help (or that "new salesman"); the management continued to let him (and us) suffer through the process after the sale until we picked up the trailer and had our demonstration.
I should have stated that I would not do business with that Jayco dealer again, and not refer to all dealers.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #22

I've dealt with a half dozen dealers in my RV-ing life, so until I meet this mythical "good caring dealer", I'll stick with my original statement.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #23

I'd go so far as to state that camper/RV dealerships are going to fall into the same group as car dealerships. In my personal experiences with all, I've have pleasant and poor.

More pleasant though than poor for me, and of course I avoid the poor for future purchases. My observations for the new automotive dealerships has been that most of the ma and pa type dealerships have dried up, replaced by the "mega" dealerships. This trend seems to have caused us to loose the feeling of getting that personal relationship type of service we used to get.

In my case, I was fine with one or even two miscues I experienced, but it continued through the entire deal experience. Because there are many other TT or RV dealerships around me, I will visit another for future purchases.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #24

We bought our first TT (X213) from CW. It was a great experience. The walk through took 3 hours and was very good. The installed the WDH.

David & Amy Adkins
2016 White Hawk 28DSBH
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Zeus, Little (the pups)
DJ-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
I've dealt with a half dozen dealers in my RV-ing life, so until I meet this mythical "good caring dealer", I'll stick with my original statement.
Might be worth the drive up our way. Can't say enough positive about Hilltop Trailer Sales in Fridley, Minn. Over the last 3 years, everything has been top notch! Did I get the lowest price ever on my fifth? No, but it was in a reasonable range. Minor warranty repairs completed while I waited. They had a MAJOR oops with my Reese Revolution, requiring new pin box, revolution, and hitch. Took care of it in 4 days, so our upcoming trip was not postponed. Even to the extent of "borrowing" parts off of the head mechanics personal fifth, for those that they could not get shipped to them in time. They claim to have the highest number of warranty repairs of any Jayco dealer, with the vast majority caught and done in their prep before delivery of the new units to the customer. Based on my experience, and a few others I have talked to, I tend to believe that is true!