Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2020, 10:29 PM   #1

Dumpin!

I’ve scowered youtube and the internet looking for a video of how to drain the black and grey tanks on a slx 7 145rb and have come up with nothing. Does anyone no of a step by step or video available??
sjenk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:45 PM   #2

I doubt you will find one specific. These trailers (Jayflight SLX series) are very basic. Here's what I do. I dry camp, boondocks, etc. I fill the black tank full with whatever water is in my fresh tank. Hook up the sewer hose. I have a flush king i use to watch the water. Hook up the flush water hose (DO NOT use your fresh water hose). Pull the black valve. Wait for water to stop draining. Close my flush king valve. Turn on flush water and back fill the black tank. Dump the black tank again. Repeat until water is running clear. Finally dump the grey tank.
brwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:44 AM   #3

I have a 145RB its been a great camper.

I first mounted a chest toolbox on the rear bumper that is my my "black tank" box I keep all my hoses and associated equipment in in there. This way that is not stored in my camper or in the bumper. The bumper holds a few sticks of firewood for "emergency fires" when the green certified junk wood doesn't burn.

I dump the black tank first then dump the grey tank to wash everything down I Hook up my regular garden hose to the wash out station with a homemade tank blaster. I close the black and grey tanks I use the blaster to clean the inside of the black tack through the toilet. Step on the foot flush to open the valve stick the blaster inside take foot off the valve to close around the blaster to prevent any splashing, I put a couple of paper towels in the bottom of the toilet around the blaster pipe to prevent anything from spraying out. Remove the paper towels before opening the toilet waste valve so they don't get into your black tank.
I rinse the inside of the tank I try to fill the tank up mostly then go outside a dump the black tank as it is dumping I keep rinsing the tank when I am satisfied that the black tank is clean. I close the dump valve. I use the small tank treatment bottles they are rated for 40 gallons I put half in the black tank with some water and the other in the grey tank I put about a gallon of water in each. That way its ready to use and I keep my fresh water tank full, its only 10 gallons. If you are dumping at the campground and have to go home and have a emergency your camper is ready for you.

Say your coming home and stop off for the "King's" cuisine and get back on the road, while on the road about 15 minutes later the King's revenge makes it apparent that you and your Queen are in dire need of relief. With nary a tree or shrub in site and miles to the next exit you pull on the shoulder. As your continue home your wonderful wife bestows accolades upon you for your forethought in traveling with water and tanks ready to use and you feel like a King that she did not have to compromise her dignity along a busy interstate.

That is why I always keep the water tank full and refreshed and the tanks ready to use. Keep the tank full and not half, a full fresh water tank will not slosh around when under motion and puts less stress on the mountings HOWEVER!!!! the Jayco 145RB black and grey tanks are held in with one end inserted into the cross member the other end is supported by 2 8-10 inch long sheet metal brackets screwed up into the plywood floor. This is Not meant to carry a lot of weight. I am going to come up with a fix for mine.