Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #31

Iíll tell you what you can do this year when your out camping, walk around the campgrounds and every trailer you see thatís built like what I call a ice cream sandwich, or in other words fiberglass and foam, and take note of how many you see with big bubbles ( delamination ) problems. We started doing this after we had trouble with ours, I was shocked by the number of trailers that have delamination problems.
Most people that we talked to that has a delamination problem just lives with it because they say it cost to much to get it fixed, sure I could tell that some of them were do to the lack of maintenance, but I could also tell that many of them was not do to the lack maintenance, Iíve seen new and I mean new trailers sitting on the dealerships lot with delamination problems.
I'm not just talking with my mouth, I've seen it with my own eyes, you will to if you look close enough.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #32

HitchPin I put your recommendation on my to do list .

I surely hope that my experience will be different because if there is more trailer with bubble then without that is going to blow in the industry's face one day or the other , and jobs will be at risk

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
Old 01-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #33

Hitch Pin, what was Jayco able to do for you?
Old 01-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Hitch Pin, what was Jayco able to do for you?
After much debate back and forth, they saw that I was not going to give up, so they took the trailer back and I paid the price deference between the Jay Feather and the Jay Flight.

The good thing was the Jay Flight was on sale at the time, now I'm a happy camper, and I don't have to worry about falling through the floor or the sides coming apart after the warranty runs out.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:01 AM   #35

falling through the floor or the sides coming apart after the warranty runs out.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
falling through the floor or the sides coming apart after the warranty runs out.
No joking, the floor had so much flex in it that when you walked on it, it pulled the screws out of the wall where the dinette seat fastened to it, when you set on the sofa and some one walked by it you could feel it sag down. This happened on our first trip out and just kept getting worse, I called Jayco and the first thing they ask me was, do you think you can use it the rest of the camping season without the floor giving away. Red Flag! that lead me to think that someone else must had fell through the floor in another trailer.

We laid down some plywood and used it until our last camping trip, they kept it all winter and overlaid the floor with ľ” plywood and put down new flooring. But when we went out on our next camping trip, something again, then we saw the bubbles starting to appear on the fiberglass walls, and that’s what done it for me, I was not gone to live with that worry, not on a new trailer anyway, that’s when I raised cane.

The outcome? a new 2015 Jay Flight 23RB. And a floor that I'm not going to fall through.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:21 PM   #37

Quite an experience HitchPin !! Anyway Jayco stand by your side on this one . You got one builded by drunks on halloween night, thanks God that story doesn't reflect the experience of many others or Jayco would be close by now :-)

Old 01-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #38

I love my 197 ultra 2014. I hope she was made well. So far she feels solid. I have my quiet time with her. I say give me priceless times and you will get care. My maintenance is like the Shuttle every time it fly.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch Pin View Post
I’ll tell you what you can do this year when your out camping, walk around the campgrounds and every trailer you see that’s built like what I call a ice cream sandwich, or in other words fiberglass and foam, and take note of how many you see with big bubbles ( delamination ) problems. We started doing this after we had trouble with ours, I was shocked by the number of trailers that have delamination problems.
Most people that we talked to that has a delamination problem just lives with it because they say it cost to much to get it fixed, sure I could tell that some of them were do to the lack of maintenance, but I could also tell that many of them was not do to the lack maintenance, I’ve seen new and I mean new trailers sitting on the dealerships lot with delamination problems.
I'm not just talking with my mouth, I've seen it with my own eyes, you will to if you look close enough.
I did exactly this before buying our 33RLDS and it's amazing how many delaminated trailers there are at the CG's if you look for it.(All Brands). There are folks who love them and wouldn't own anythig else and will tell you they don't delaminate with proper maintenance, I say their as full of waste as their black tank is before emptying it a the dump station after a week of boondock camping to put it nicely.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adk Camper View Post
I did exactly this before buying our 33RLDS and it's amazing how many delaminated trailers there are at the CG's if you look for it.(All Brands). There are folks who love them and wouldn't own anythig else and will tell you they don't delaminate with proper maintenance, I say their as full of waste as their black tank is before emptying it a the dump station after a week of boondock camping to put it nicely.
I say they are born to fail, you just think about it, you take two thin pieces of wood and fiberglass and glue it to a piece of foam and almost no framing, and all that continuous twisting and flexing and temperature changes. I donít care what anyone says, sooner or latter itís bound to happen, some sooner than latter.

If it's do to the lack of maintenance as many say, then why do you see big bubbles right out in the middle of a wall with no windows or vents or any other openings close to them?

Closed Thread