Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

End of 20MRB Shakedown Cruise

After owning the new White Hawk 20MRB for two months, SWMBO and myself got it out for the weekend. Overall, things went positive. As I mentioned in my earlier post, all systems worked as they should.

Due to the layout of the campsite, I was unable to dump my holding tanks until we were ready to leave. I was pleased that we had no problems.

The DW and my only complaints are the horrible table Jayco provides for the U-dinette slide, the bathroom faucet that others here have mentioned that the spout is too close to the sink and the "rock & roll" of this trailer!

We have owned solid wall trailers since 1983 and none have rocked as much as this one.So. I went to CW after we got home and bought the last in stock BAL Locking Arm Stabilizer and a new BAL wheel lock chock. Hopefully, this will take care of most of the cause of "motion sickness".

If anyone from Jayco Inc. reads this, please take yourself out to one of your new units with a dinette slide and the table with about 30 pounds of metal supporting the top that is made to collapse to provide the space needed to make the dinette a bed. Once you get there, try to get into the table as if you are going to eat a meal. For more reality, take someone with you and both try to get in to sit down to eat.

You must have some high paid engineers there. Have then design something that is easier than this nightmare. Have them do it with the fact that this is an "Ultra Light" trailer. Short of full holding tanks, this must be the heaviest thing in our 20MRB.

Sorry for the rant. Overall, we are very pleased that we bought this rig! Considering the "box" is just 20 feet, once parked for the night, it feels like it is 35 feet! It tows like a dream and we look forward to many more trips. We are sorry that Jayco has discontinued this model floor plan.

One last BIG thank you to the members of this Forum! You have helped us in making many decisions without you knowing it because of what you have posted and shared here with your own experiences!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #2

20mrb now 23 mrb

While they did discontinue the 20mrb, the 23 mrb is really an upgraded version. We have one on order and it is about 18' longer than the 20mrb with a bigger bathroom and an outside kitchen. Can't to get ours!
GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:48 PM   #3

Gscott
It's really only an upgrade if you like the differences. I for one did not and purchased an in stock 2015. 2016 has an outdoor kitchen and a smaller awning, neither of which I wanted. Don't like the config of the bathroom due to the out door kitchen taking up space..

I agree with Murffs observations as well that its not perfect but it works well for our needs. We ditched the table first thing as well..way too heavy and awkward to use. Replaced with lightweight ones and we are good to go.. Love it so far..
Mjmaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:48 PM   #4

Murff,

The table in ours is probably the same design. It is sturdy enough but the bracket is totally in the way. On our first trip we kept banging our knees on the bracket and levers used to collapse it into a bed, every time we sat at the dinette! When we got back from that first trip my very first mod was to fix the table.

We went to CW and I got the 2 poles and 4 bases plates (not sure their official name) and re-enineered it using the base from the original bracket and some wood. It turned out really nice. Still sturdy and probably just as heavy, but there is so much more clearance now with the tubes in place, making it much easier to get in and out. I can still make the dinette into a bed too by lifting the table top from the tubes, setting the the tubes aside and using the table top as the base as normal.

As far as the rocking, we do get some but I go out and tweak the stabilizer jacks a couple times after things settle a bit and that seems to help. I may invest in some x chocks (or whatever they are called) that lock between the tires to add some more stability.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:30 PM   #5

Thanks for the info videoguy. The BAL locking arm stabilizers I installed this week help as do th new BAL X-Chocks.

Today, I replaced the near useless bathroom faucet with a single lever made by Phoenix from CW. Can now get my hands under the faucet to wash them!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:44 AM   #6

Hi videoguy - do you have a picture of your table mod? Besides being inconvenient and wobbly, the table is too tall. Its gotta go. Still want to be able to convert to a bed, even though that probably won't happen much.
We've only had the rig out twice, but like the layout. Plenty of room for two and a pooch, especially moving up from a truck camper. First trip was to Moab (biking), second was to the Sarvis Creek Wilderness near Kremmling (hiking). Both boondocking.
I added an outside light by the door. Pretty easy to do by removing the cover panel inside the cabinet by the switches and tapping into the existing switch wire and a ground. Drilled a hole to the outside behind the cover panel.
Switched over to two 6 volt batteries with shut off switch. Planning to install a plug instead to replace the long wire. Wire storage cover is a joke, pulled off the side first time used.
Installed a fence post sewer hose storage.
Ran the Sirius antenna wire from the radio behind and up the slider seal and out a hole in the upper corner between the seals. Built a little antenna mount that attaches to the slider gutter.
Also installed a Jack-E-Up so I can open the tailgate. Dealer could have up sold me on that if he would have been smart enough to mention it.
Had to remount/ readjust the poorly installed Equalizer. Dealer couldn't even manage to install the nuts and bolts in the correct position.
Used the shower for the first time and found that it leaks somehow out into the main area (trailer was tilted forward a bit).
The slider has developed a squeak/squeal. The bath faucet is dysfunctional. Counter space is at a premium, thinking a sink cover will remedy.
Closets need shelves and maybe some in the kitchen, especially the one over the sink.
Then there is the apparent industry-wide cheezy construction. What are you going to do?
Attached Thumbnails
Buffalo Park.jpg   power cord door.jpg   Jack-E-Up.jpg  
Old 07-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #7

We broke that table at the cross weld on our first outing in our 20 mrb. I am also switching out that sink fixture in the bath but am having trouble getting the fitting loose. Which way loosens it? mine won't budge either way.
Catmike is offline   Reply With Quote