Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
I pull our 2017 28 DSBH with a 2001 F-150 shorty. I have the 5.4 engine and my payload is 1,782 lbs. I travel with only 2 people in the cab, 4 bicycles, a tool box, and a grill in the bed and I'm just about at my max payload. The trailer dry weight is about 6,400 lbs and I have the big propane tanks and dual 6v batteries on the tongue so my tongue weight is more likely heavier than your 28 DSBH. You will be close on payload, probably exceeding rating but you will have more than enough pulling power with that engine and rear end and braking won't be an issue if you have your trailer brakes setup properly. Invest time in setting up your hitch properly and take it to a truck scale to verify your weights. The 28 DSBH tows very nicely.
Nice rig, got one just like it! Lol! I'm at my max too but haven't had any problems towing it yet. I pulled it empty from the dealership about 2 and a half hours away. We got it about 2 Weeks before our Canadian Thanksgiving and took it with a load camping that weekend. We got the tire upgrade for it and it pulls great! No problems going up hills, truck just gets thirsty. We wanted to try it out and see if there was any fixing to be done before next year's camping. Taking it in for a couple of things to be fixed! Wondering if you had any problems with the water collecting in the bathtub drain trap?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
#1Remembories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:46 AM   #22

Air bags are not the only solution. I have grown fond of SumoSprings, which are air bag looking, closed cell poly foam type of thing. Install and forget. No adjustments. Can even drill a 1" hole thru them and they still work.

https://www.supersprings.com/products/sumosprings/
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote