Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2021, 06:07 AM   #1

EXP213 leaking issues

Hi Im still browsing for an rv and I was looking at a 26bh Jayflight but then I found a better floorplan for me the EXP213/X213 but I've been going on kijiji and looking at a few and it looks like most of them have had a leak is that a common issue on these 213 models and what else should I look out for when searching for these models??
sir_LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #2

You don’t say what year it is and you’ll find owners who barely take care of their unit and have no clue what to look for. Leaks are common in every unit made throughout the industry so we all just deal with it and give it the best care we can. The exp213 is a popular unit and you should be very happy with it, just give it the TLC that it needs and it will return the favor.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:22 AM   #3

Its a 2010 Model year but I hope I get a good deal on it
sir_LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #4

2010 does not have the magnum trusses. It is flat roofed. This style roof are known to sag where the AC unit sits and water to pool. If the AC seal is old the water can leak past. The seal is easy and cheap to replace.

If your serious about the unit. When looking at it, remove the inside AC cover to access the foam air filters. Look up at the roof (have a small flashlight) and inspect for signs of water infiltration at the roof opening. If you see signs of water on the roof framing, I would run fast. If not, look up on the roof. The roof is safe to walk on, but there is a lot of flex. Look for signs of water pooling around the AC unit, again a sign of the roof sagging. Also inspect all of the roof caulking. There should be a lot of signs of the caulking being touched up over the years. Lots of shades of what was white. If you see lots of dry caulk, open cracks, etc, and no signs of fresh touch up caulk over the years. That is bad. any tiny opening water can enter the TT and cause major rot, and extremely expensive difficult repairs.

As for your original question about the X213 slide leaking. I do not recall any posts about people having that issue.

If you do purchase a flat roof TT, make sure to replace the AC seal. Parts will cost about $25, and an hour or so of time.

https://www.jayco.com/files/download...ilename_59.pdf

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote