Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #1

Finally not that bad ...

While waiting for the delivery of our 29RKS due by the end of september we decided to visit the dealership again to look at the new 2019 that they have just received on their lot. We looked at 3 RKS.

First surprise, fit and finish not bad at all , can even say pretty good .

We bought a conventional construction and one thing that I am concerned is the way the window seal against the tin... that foam gasket doesnt look too good, Ill go with a good bead of rv sealant around them for sure .

Looks like they are going with Dometic for the AC, Brisk air 2 I guess, hopefully its going to be as good as me coleman mach that I have now on my Whitehawk. Samething goes for the awning, they decided to go with Solara... I have a dometic now.... so dont know what to think.

I was told a month ago that they would use dexter for their axle instead of Lippert... but they used Lippert under the 3 2019 that I looked at... thats a bummer

I walked one roof and the membrane was properly installed, and plenty of dicor has been applied.

One thing looked not too let say professional ,the cover on the roof above the fridge needs to be put sideways since the fridge is on the backwall.... in order to avoid water running down the ... how to call that...fridge enclosure ? they installed a deflector just in front of it.... a piece of aluminim fixed on the roof... looks cheesy and like an aftertought ...but hey who looks there

No rust on the frame , and one of the trailer did not have the coroplast under hiding everything... even under the trailer looked good ,

in conclusion, a pretty good job from Jayco on those Jayflight

We see so many negative post that I tought it would be a good idea to share all that even if its frenchglish... :-)

Now that Ive said that... watch me by the end of september coming back here p...d off , or super happy , maybe lol

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:33 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
The problem when "looking" we miss a lot of things with our eyes (unless you can use your third eye). Once the unit is in our possession we discover many things.
I still discover on the 2005 the flaws of the manufacturing process and under the Jayco management. Just went to an RV store to pickup supplies and had a talk with the owner and he said: the poor manufacturing process keeps them busy year round.
Nevertheless I'm happy with my RV as I can do with it as I please and can modify everything myself. I only feel sorry for the RVers who depend on RV shops for their repairs. Water intrusion is the biggest problem with RV's and can do a lot of damage and can be hidden for years. At present I replacing all the corners with butyl tape as the mfg. still used putty. Next mod a cover over the awning.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #3

Oh Aljo , I totally agree with you, buying an RV is lot like looking for a wife , its only that when you lived with her for awhile that you discover her true nature :-)

Im pretty critical in regards of RV and the industry, and honestly I was pleasantly suprise this afternoon... now is my trailer going to leak like a seave ? , Is my WH going to quit , is my Dometic AC and the electonic thermostat will perform like my old mechanical thermostat and coleman mach... I have no clue

Like my great service advisor told me today, she is convinced that if my trailer doesnt leak on delivery that it will leak eventually so , i left with a lot of confidence lol ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
The problem when "looking" we miss a lot of things with our eyes (unless you can use your third eye). Once the unit is in our possession we discover many things.
I still discover on the 2005 the flaws of the manufacturing process and under the Jayco management. Just went to an RV store to pickup supplies and had a talk with the owner and he said: the poor manufacturing process keeps them busy year round.
Nevertheless I'm happy with my RV as I can do with it as I please and can modify everything myself. I only feel sorry for the RVers who depend on RV shops for their repairs. Water intrusion is the biggest problem with RV's and can do a lot of damage and can be hidden for years. At present I replacing all the corners with butyl tape as the mfg. still used putty. Next mod a cover over the awning.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
Oh buying an RV is lot like looking for a wife , its only that when you lived with her for awhile that you discover her true nature :-)

homer if your wife reads this your in a heap of trouble.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:40 PM   #5

Too bad you couldn't cancel your order and buy one of the ones on the lot that looked really good.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #6

See they will take 4 months to build mine so, they had plenty of time to make it not only good, but perfect :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Too bad you couldn't cancel your order and buy one of the ones on the lot that looked really good.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #7

LOL , she loves me so much that I am pretty safe ...I think lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
homer if your wife reads this your in a heap of trouble.