Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #21

Looks like an awesome setup! and i like the trans temp gauge mod!

Welcome to the community! there is a wealth of knowledge and helpful people here.
Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Thanks for the awesome pics, congrats on the new camper, and of course Welcome to the forum.

The weather has been so warm here in Denver lately, I'm thinking about pulling mine out of hibernation early. Seeing your camping pictures has my cabin fever hitting the breaking point. I need to hit the road soon!
Thanks! I love to share. As someone who is completely new to towing anything, let alone a TT I feel it's good to post. Maybe it'll encourage others like me to post.

I can only imagine! 73 here today, 77 tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm9301 View Post
Looks like an awesome setup! and i like the trans temp gauge mod!

Welcome to the community! there is a wealth of knowledge and helpful people here.
Thank you. The temp gauge turned out perfect. The only thing is, I don't think they wired it correctly for the optional "night time" settings. Luckily, the lowest daytime brightness should be ok. Otherwise, I'll go back in and redo it if it becomes bothersome.

I've read so much good information for the fresh newbies like me. Then read it again, and again haha.
TMatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #23

Congrats and welcome. You really have a nice set up. Best of luck and happy camping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kampfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #24

Recipe?!

Taylor - never mind all the TT/TV/tech stuff - gimme the recipe for what y'all are doing with the jalopeno/onions in the skillet <do those in butter or olive oil or what?> (I believe in one of your first posts)! Was that for the double 'burger w/cheese in a following pic? I'm drooling; I can just imagine using that combo with some of my venison. C'mon, give it up; just photo it, and put it in one of your subsequent posts. Does that cause gout - not that I care, but it looks good enough.
JEFF1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:32 AM   #25

Congratulations and welcome! Looks like a great setup and even better food
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfire View Post
Congrats and welcome. You really have a nice set up. Best of luck and happy camping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF1963 View Post
Taylor - never mind all the TT/TV/tech stuff - gimme the recipe for what y'all are doing with the jalopeno/onions in the skillet <do those in butter or olive oil or what?> (I believe in one of your first posts)! Was that for the double 'burger w/cheese in a following pic? I'm drooling; I can just imagine using that combo with some of my venison. C'mon, give it up; just photo it, and put it in one of your subsequent posts. Does that cause gout - not that I care, but it looks good enough.
My wife keeps laughing that so much has been said about the food! We're flattered. As for the jalepeno/onions, we simply put them in the skillet dry. Once they started heating up, while we were cooking the burgers, we just poured some of the juices from that into the skillet. It was a single burger with cheese, just a healthy cut from the butcher. She got a couple slices of cheddar from the deli cut on the 3 thickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post
Congratulations and welcome! Looks like a great setup and even better food
Thank you very much!
Old 02-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #27

Last night was our 2nd outing. I was solo upon arrival while my wife was in charge of the "Daddy daughter dance" Started off a little stressful because she didn't make the reservation sadly. Luckily there were some openings at the "wagon circle" where many campers are parked close. Not our first choice but it ended up great.

I asked for some help and boy did the other folks jump right in. I didn't realize how unprepared I was! They showed me proper leveling, loaned me probably 5-6 blocks to help with that as well. It was nice.

*Looking for a tip here if possible*

The water pressure last weekend was sufficient to take a shower but last night the shower was hardly a steady stream. We do have a pressure regulator hooked up at the spicket. I'm at work now, but I will check to make sure that didn't get clogged or something tonight.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #28

To the OP

Could you please talk about the foam mattress topper you got?..

Comfort?
Gel/latex or memory?
Brand?
Online purchase?
Where?

I have a new SLX also and after 2 nights on the OEM mattress, I am now looking to upgrade that with a topper.

Thanks
redsnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #29

[QUOTE=TMatos;491580snip...
The water pressure last weekend was sufficient to take a shower but last night the shower was hardly a steady stream. We do have a pressure regulator hooked up at the spicket. I'm at work now, but I will check to make sure that didn't get clogged or something tonight.[/QUOTE]

By 'the shower was hardly a steady stream', do you mean the flow pulsed or was just very low?

If the flow was constant but too low, a low flow rate is the likely cause. Unfortunately, the common inexpensive water pressure regulators restrict the flow significantly.

An alternative would be to put water in your fresh water tank and use the trailer's water pump for showering.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnapper View Post
Could you please talk about the foam mattress topper you got?..

Comfort?
Gel/latex or memory?
Brand?
Online purchase?
Where?

I have a new SLX also and after 2 nights on the OEM mattress, I am now looking to upgrade that with a topper.

Thanks
My wife really enjoyed it. So far, it is a night and day difference. Slept much better, not as much pressure in my shoulders this morning. I'm a side/stomach sleeper. There are lots of good reviews on Amazon and I can see where some of the more critical ones say that it's really soft, and can take a little extra effort to change position.

4" Gel memory foam found here.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 02-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
By 'the shower was hardly a steady stream', do you mean the flow pulsed or was just very low?

If the flow was constant but too low, a low flow rate is the likely cause. Unfortunately, the common inexpensive water pressure regulators restrict the flow significantly.

An alternative would be to put water in your fresh water tank and use the trailer's water pump for showering.
Thanks for the quick reply. It was constant but just very low. Like, not powerful enough to let the shower head flow out without putting into the 3 stream position. If that makes sense. Even in that position, it was weak. I had already committed to showering so I just trudged on haha!

I actually considered the tank/pump idea since I figured it would be a constant. After doing some searching I read a lot about the "whole house" regulators by, Watts? or something like that. I'm open to suggestions on a reliable/adjustable option.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #32

Welcome those burgers and peppers look great!Happy Trails
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatos View Post
snip.. I had already committed to showering so I just trudged on haha!

I actually considered the tank/pump idea since I figured it would be a constant. After doing some searching I read a lot about the "whole house" regulators by, Watts? or something like that. I'm open to suggestions on a reliable/adjustable option.
Yup. We just 'trudged on' with the low flow, too, for a while. Then we tried using the trailer's water supply and that was much better.

We now have a Valterra A01-1117VP Adjustable Water Regulator (~$55), but the trailer's winterized so haven't had a chance to try it yet. Folks on this site were pleased with showers with that regulator.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 02-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #34

2 more questions.

If I decide to use the FW tank and pump, do I need to disconnect the city water, use the shower and reconnect or can they both work together but separate?

How do I drain the FW tank once I'm ready to leave the camp site? Is it just the small "low point drain" on the bottom?
Old 02-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #35

Thank you......

Is your OEM mattress a "short" queen at 75" long?
Did you have to cut off any length to get this 80" topper at 75"?
And if you did, how did that go and what did you use to do the cutting?
Old 02-18-2017, 12:36 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatos View Post
2 more questions.

If I decide to use the FW tank and pump, do I need to disconnect the city water, use the shower and reconnect or can they both work together but separate?

How do I drain the FW tank once I'm ready to leave the camp site? Is it just the small "low point drain" on the bottom?
On my SLX, there is a small white valve that drains the fresh tank.
It takes a while to drain as the valve opening is small.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #37

No need to disconnect from the city water, but I've always turned off the city water water before using the trailer's pump. There are some that say turning the city water off before using the trailer's pump isn't necessary, but not everyone agrees.

As far as I know, every unit that has a fresh water tank has a way to drain that tank. Our trailer has a valve to drain the fresh water tank and low point drains for the water lines. Both are labeled 'Low Point Drain' on the side of the trailer. I wish I had a better answer for your specific trailer.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #38

Thanks for the info. Yep, I was referring to the drain you both mentioned. I may just use the water and dump the grey instead of the slow flow.

As for the mattress, I did not have to trim anything. It fit right in place
Old 02-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #39

Last night went well. After all the fan fare, we made burgers again! This time we used butter with the onions/peppers. Little less crunch but more flavorful. I'm including the secret (at least for us) We buy the burgers pre seasoned from the butcher!

DW gave me a surprise! RGB LED lighting that I said would be perfect! $20 from Walmart. Has a remote to choose any color in between along with flash/pulse/color dance modes. She also bought a $20 table top grill. Took some team work to put that together.

Woke up this morning to come into town where they were having a "Cars and Coffee" event. My boss let me take out his recent acquisition - 1964 Buick Electra 225.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #40
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western NY State! I can tell you guys are really enthusiastic about your adventures. We've all been noobs at one time or another, and learning new stuff is a daily occurrence, so feel free to ask anything! The Buick takes me back to my younger days! I noticed they don't make parking spots long enough for the classics, anymore!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote