Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2016, 04:22 PM   #21

A quick followup: We took the trailer in to the local Camping World, where we bought the trailer. They installed some additional bracing under the soft floor spots, covered under warranty, and all appears to be well. I don't suspect I'll have any more floor issues and am happy to save the weight over the 5/8 plywood.
Snaporaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:51 PM   #22

Good to hear!
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #23

The 2016 brochure calls out a 5/8" plywood deck. Were 2015's a different spec?
Husker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #24

I just replaced the front 3 feet of our 3/4 inch "fiberboard" floor in a 2010 Sport 165. I replaced it with marine plywood. The entire front section of TT floor was water damaged and rotten.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #25

Yes, they changed to 5/8" plywood for 2016. We just picked up our 2016 29REKS and I looked at a couple floor penetrations and comfirmed the floor is plywood. We previously had a 2011 Shadow Cruiser and that floor was soft and snapped and popped in a few locations, was glad to unload that for the White Hawk.
MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #26

where were you able to see the plywood?we got our new 2015 28RBKS on monday. It was built in feb 2015 and has 2016 features inside and out.I'm trying to figure which floor we have. Thanks
steelweels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #27

Two places, one was in the rear corner where our furnace is located the carpet was held back and you could see plywood surface and there was a floor penetration there as well. Other location was a plumbing penetration under the kitchen sink.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:53 AM   #28

Hello MTBiker, My wife and I are looking at the same unit. How do you like it? What options did you get and what are you using to tow it?

Thanks!
Dzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:17 AM   #29

We just picked up our 2016 28 DSBH. The floor is 5/8" tongue in groove plywood. A very solid feel compared to our 2014 28 DSBH.
mtnbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #30

I wonder. Couldn't soft spots be fixed by drilling a hole in the floor, clearing out some of the foam, and then pouring epoxy in? That is how you fix soft spots on a boat that has the balsa wood rotting between the exterior and interior fiberglass.
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger
apr1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:05 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzak View Post
Hello MTBiker, My wife and I are looking at the same unit. How do you like it? What options did you get and what are you using to tow it?

Thanks!
We picked up our Unit in mid March and have 10 nights in it so far (picked it up on our way out of town for spring break). We really like it. The kitchen is great with lots of counter space, the living room layout is perfect and we love the reclining theater seats, love the electric fireplace for keeping the chill off, the bathroom is nice and roomy with a big shower and my feet don't hang off the bed any longer. We have the rear fireplace model with solid counter tops (love them), dual AC, bumper bbq, polar package, and nose cap.

Couple nit picks would be that it is a bit tight getting to the far side of the queen bed, and the awning and kitchen slide are tight clearances and that slide kind of blocks the awning led lights a bit outside. Other than that we really like it.

One thing I did notice when we were looking was that some units had windows on the sides of the large slide, while others did not. I did not see it listed as an option so maybe that was a production change? Anyway, our unit has the end windows on the large slide and we love it, gives your a wider view outside.

We are currently pulling it with a 2015 Ford F150 crewcab 3.5 EcoBoost with max tow package. This camper is the most I would want to pull with that truck, plenty of power up the hills but I get a little wind sway at times. I also don't think I have my hitch quite dialed in yet (only have about 700 miles towing so far). I put a set of super springs on the truck and it really helps to prevent the squatting on the rear end and makes it more solid but it has changed by weight distribution a bit with my WD hitch and I need to make some adjustments.

Good luck!
Old 04-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBiker View Post
We picked up our Unit in mid March and have 10 nights in it so far (picked it up on our way out of town for spring break). We really like it. The kitchen is great with lots of counter space, the living room layout is perfect and we love the reclining theater seats, love the electric fireplace for keeping the chill off, the bathroom is nice and roomy with a big shower and my feet don't hang off the bed any longer. We have the rear fireplace model with solid counter tops (love them), dual AC, bumper bbq, polar package, and nose cap.

Couple nit picks would be that it is a bit tight getting to the far side of the queen bed, and the awning and kitchen slide are tight clearances and that slide kind of blocks the awning led lights a bit outside. Other than that we really like it.

One thing I did notice when we were looking was that some units had windows on the sides of the large slide, while others did not. I did not see it listed as an option so maybe that was a production change? Anyway, our unit has the end windows on the large slide and we love it, gives your a wider view outside.

We are currently pulling it with a 2015 Ford F150 crewcab 3.5 EcoBoost with max tow package. This camper is the most I would want to pull with that truck, plenty of power up the hills but I get a little wind sway at times. I also don't think I have my hitch quite dialed in yet (only have about 700 miles towing so far). I put a set of super springs on the truck and it really helps to prevent the squatting on the rear end and makes it more solid but it has changed by weight distribution a bit with my WD hitch and I need to make some adjustments.

Good luck!
Good stuff! We take delivery on our 29EKS on April 28th! Can't wait to see it...
jacko147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #33

Soft spots in Floor

Thanks for all your replies.
Crabman said to lift one of the floor furnace vents, this will show the floor materials which I will do this Friday.
Go to Jayco's website, Whitehawk line, it will show 2016 models, click on 2015 models, click on construction, scroll down to the cutaway of the trailer and click on the blue star on the floor.
There it definitely describes the floor in 2015 models as being 5/8" thick tongue and groove plywood.
We have taken the trailer back to our dealer for a few other warranty items including this issue. Jayco has authorized the repair of the floor but it is a very invasive job as they have to remove the vinyl, cabinets, wiring, etc. Our dealer said they have done this before on a Jayco and said the repair will have a floor solid as a rock. We would have to leave the trailer with them at the end of traveling season as this will take some time to complete.
I will check the material this weekend and get back.
Simbacat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelweels View Post
where were you able to see the plywood?we got our new 2015 28RBKS on monday. It was built in feb 2015 and has 2016 features inside and out.I'm trying to figure which floor we have. Thanks
Our 2015 Jayflight 27RLS has 5/8" T&G plywood, and domestic not import plywood.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #35

I have the 2015 Jayco WhiteHawk and notice a soft floor also. Very concerned over the long term.
Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by striper44 View Post
I cut a hole in my floor today and found that it's made up from two pieces of 1/4 plywood with foam in between I hope this last it seems that 5/8 plywood would be better but we will.see.
In February we finally got our Whitehawk in to address the soft spots in the floor, we were told they put supports in between the floor joists in those spots. We got it home and immediately noticed that the techs failed to properly reinstall the black liner on the underbelly and during our two hour drive from the dealership it came loose, shredding it and some insulation. My husband went underneath and taped it back up as best as he could using duct tape. We then opened up the trailer and to our disgust found the floor did not feel any different, still spongy and seams popping up with every step. So back to the dealership it went. This time when we picked it up we checked the spots and they felt better. Home we went.
Yesterday I went in to clean it up and ready it for summer when I noticed a drip from underneath the trailer near the low point drain, through the underbelly. As I said a few choice words, something caught my eye. The loose underbelly lining that my husband taped up, was still hanging by the pieces of duct tape. They never even fixed that. And to top it all off, reinforcing the previous soft spots in the floor has resulted in weakened spots elsewhere.
No one in the service dept was there to help us out this weekend so tomorrow we will be contacting them, and Jayco.
I am so angry that I don't even want this trailer anymore and wishing we would have hung onto our Eagle FW. There goes this upcoming weekend of camping.
Has anyone had any luck with getting their floor fixed properly? This fix job will not last the summer.
Bachmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachmama View Post
In February we finally got our Whitehawk in to address the soft spots in the floor, we were told they put supports in between the floor joists in those spots. We got it home and immediately noticed that the techs failed to properly reinstall the black liner on the underbelly and during our two hour drive from the dealership it came loose, shredding it and some insulation. My husband went underneath and taped it back up as best as he could using duct tape. We then opened up the trailer and to our disgust found the floor did not feel any different, still spongy and seams popping up with every step. So back to the dealership it went. This time when we picked it up we checked the spots and they felt better. Home we went.
Yesterday I went in to clean it up and ready it for summer when I noticed a drip from underneath the trailer near the low point drain, through the underbelly. As I said a few choice words, something caught my eye. The loose underbelly lining that my husband taped up, was still hanging by the pieces of duct tape. They never even fixed that. And to top it all off, reinforcing the previous soft spots in the floor has resulted in weakened spots elsewhere.
No one in the service dept was there to help us out this weekend so tomorrow we will be contacting them, and Jayco.
I am so angry that I don't even want this trailer anymore and wishing we would have hung onto our Eagle FW. There goes this upcoming weekend of camping.
Has anyone had any luck with getting their floor fixed properly? This fix job will not last the summer.
Hello,
Did you get the completed work order form showing what was done for the repair? Curious to know what the dealer said they did.
Simbacat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:22 AM   #38

Floor in Whitehouse

Anyone that had floor fixed? What did they actually do? We have same problem bring it in Monday to see what they say. Don't want to be without it long as have trips planned. Still need new seal around slide out little tear. Been working on this for over a year. They keep getting wrong one? So let us know how it's holding up etc. Thanks
sharonkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #39

I wonder if Eagle HT FW would have this problem with floor. It is a light weight.
ddiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiego View Post
I wonder if Eagle HT FW would have this problem with floor. It is a light weight.
I cannot recall any complaints on this forum regarding the Eagle HT floors.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote