Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2022, 02:31 PM   #1

Furion Refrigerator Door

For those with 12V Furrion refrigerators, I don't know how many have refrigerator doors that won't latch by simply closing, or won't latch at least part of the time. Freezer doors don't appear to have the problem. Some people are able to adjust the bottom hinge enough to work, but mine and others were at their maximum adjustment.

Another owner said that his latch broke when closing too hard, and a Jayco dealer (who didn't have the part) said it was common, and to tell whoever fixed it to put a washer in the bottom hinge. So I did.

First picture is where the latch hit before, second is after, and third is the hinge. In the hinge picture, the top two parts are in the door. The third piece is an existing nylon washer, and bottom is the washer I added.

Closes now without any effort or holding the latch down. Only small issue is that, when using the standoff provided to keep the doors open during non-use, if the freezer door is closed first the fridge latch will still hit. Not a problem if the fridge door is closed first, and of course it works with using the handle otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails
latch before.jpg   latch after.jpg   hinge.jpg  
Past: 2015 Winnebago View, 2004 Blue Bird M380, 1990 Blue Bird WB40, 2003 Safari Zanzibar, 1998 Safari Sahara

DonBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:10 PM   #2

Thanks for the tips and pictures on the sagging Furrion fridge door fix .
I tackled that project today . Had a few washers on hand to make a quick fix , but after I pulled the lower fridge door , I saw the root of the problem right away . The bottom hinge/bracket holding the lower fridge door was bent . You can clearly see it in your last picture as well .
Most likely happened from "too much heavy stuff in the door" of the fridge ! We also have a problem with our plastic door shelves breaking apart , we on our second set already . Also related to "too much heavy stuff in the door" .

Instead of washers , I just slightly re-bent the door hinge back into position , actually I purposely over bent it just slightly .
Works like a charm, and the fridge door closes great again after It was all re-adjusted.

Lesson learned ? ........... DO NOT keep heavy items or liquids in the door shelves of a Furrion Fridge !
boatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:16 PM   #3

I too had the door shelves break and waiting for a new set. I plan on strengthening the top tab by adding either aluminum or plastic angle.
Forester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester2 View Post
I too had the door shelves break and waiting for a new set. I plan on strengthening the top tab by adding either aluminum or plastic angle.
I learned my lesson , and now just dont put anything heavy in those cheap plastic shelves ! lol.
boatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:31 PM   #5

Probably wisest option. Will check my hinge and see if I need to use Dons fix.
Forester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:21 PM   #6

I just did a post about this a few weeks back

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...xed-98738.html
IG @Pedal_withus
Youtube: Pedal With Us.
This is Jayco Camper #5 for us. 20 years of Jayco's.
rollingrockTX is offline   Reply With Quote