Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2016, 07:26 PM   #1

Furnace Question on 27DSRL

This question is for the 27DSRL owners. Noticed the furnace outlet vent below the stove has very limited output compared to the other vents. Do other 27DSRL owners notice the same condition? This vent is very close to the furnace and should have good air flow. The bathroom vent, which is on the other side of furnace is very good. Not a big deal, just curious.
jbnimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:48 AM   #2

I found that the bath vent air flow was actually too good at the expense of the rest of the system. Being right next to the furnace, running wide open and undampered allowed it to overheat the space while other areas remained cooler. I swapped out the grill for a drop-in replacement with a damper that I picked up on Amazon for $9. I keep the damper almost entirely closed which helps build some static head pressure in the system and pushes the air out the rest of the vents much better. I've also noticed that the bedroom floor vent at the foot of the bed is poorly positioned as it blows the air right up into the mattress overhang. No much we can do about it but be aware not to let the covers hang off the foot of the bed if we want warm air to circulate.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:50 AM   #3

Our new 2016 DSRL is the same. We indicated this during the initial PDI and were informed it was a design feature. The system was damped so that hot air was not returned to the furnace as the intake was so close.

During our first trip we required the use of the furnace as it was cold over night and noticed the bathroom would get hot (doors closed) and bedroom warm, but the living room was the coolest area.

We took it back as we had other warranty items to get look at and asked them to investigate. Dealer said they called Jayco and made adjustments, but during our next trip out air flow was still crippled from the vent beside furnace.

Nice to see we're not the only ones.

I'm temped to open things up and take a look myself.

As for the bedroom floor vent, that might be getting replaced with a louvered one to provide direction and volumn control.
mjwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #4

I almost think that it may go to the underbelly. From what I heard under the floor is heated and this may bring any positive pressure air under there back into the coach. I initially though something was wrong like the duct tubing being lose or something like that. I don't use it all that much as we supplement the heat with an oiled filled electric radiator. ....Thanks for the response...
jbnimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #5

Any chance you could post a link to that vent you bought off amazon? Thx!
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcamom View Post
Any chance you could post a link to that vent you bought off amazon? Thx!
Ask and you shall receive...

Robot Check

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #7

And just in case the link doesn't work correctly, you can search for the product using this description...

D&W Incorporated 3840RWH White Grille with Damper.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:11 PM   #8

I have the same issue with mine...and i know why. I recently opened everything i could, so that i could mouse proof the holes where piping and electrical go through the floor. I pulled the stove out and discovered that the vent beneath the stove is actually "T'd" into the line that feeds the vent by the door. One line for both vents. There is a 2" duct coming from the heater to the underfloor area. Before next fall, i plan to move the 2" line to the T and feed the vent under the stove from its own source.
Attached Thumbnails
13262153_10204870175834663_472172792_o.jpg  
2015 Whitehawk 24RKS (sold)
2013 Ram 1500 (traded)
hemi8lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #9

That would make sense. If the feed is split and supplying the underbelly area, a drop in volume would most definitely be noted.

Good catch!!
mjwood is offline   Reply With Quote

« No Heat | NADA Rv »