Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2022, 09:51 PM   #1

Furrion Sagging Fridge door FIXED!!!

So in our new 2022 JayFeather Micro 171BH, my Furrion door started sagging so bad, it wouldn't latch without me lifting it some....the top door from when we bought it never "latched". We bought a baby safety clasp for it to hold it shut while traveling.

Today, i stared at it for like 15 min, didn't see a way for me to fix it b/c the 171BH bathroom door would need to be removed to open the doors all the way to get to the bolts/Screws.

However, those bolts/screws for the hinges are all 5/16th sized. So I was able to get a wrench in there without removing the bathroom door. Which would of been a project for sure.

I didn't get photos but let me give you the free tip on this. The top Hinge and the Bottom hinge are adjustable. The middle hinge is not.

So i was able to loosen all 6 bolts on each of the hinges and move them so that not only do they properly latch now but they also don't hit each other.

The one thing I wouldn't do going forward is putting anything in the fridge door trays while traveling unless they are very light in weight. Butter, couple of red bulls etc....some bigger dips in the road/highways really move that door so just going to be mindful of packing that fridge before a travel day.

I didn't want to futz around with warranty work for something that took me like a told of 30 min or so trying different positions on the top and bottom hinges. It really is a smart thing they did to put a screw head bolt in that hinge so you could get a small wrench in there without removing the bathroom door.

Anywho, wanted to pass that along to anyone that may have the same issue with a fridge door sagging on a Furrion 12V fridge.
IG @Pedal_withus
Youtube: Pedal With Us.
This is Jayco Camper #5 for us. 20 years of Jayco's.
rollingrockTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:59 AM   #2

Nice write up - Thanks for posting. This is the kind of stuff that will no doubt help others with the same problem.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:21 PM   #3

My freezer door latches easily but not the fridge. You mentioned "all 6 bolts on each of the hinges," but I only see 2 on each? My fridge door is low, not excessively, but enough that frequently it is necessary to hold the handle down to get it closed to where it will latch. My bottom hinge is at max adjustment with the 2 screws, so if there are more, how, where?
Past: 2015 Winnebago View, 2004 Blue Bird M380, 1990 Blue Bird WB40, 2003 Safari Zanzibar, 1998 Safari Sahara

DonBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBr View Post
My freezer door latches easily but not the fridge. You mentioned "all 6 bolts on each of the hinges," but I only see 2 on each? My fridge door is low, not excessively, but enough that frequently it is necessary to hold the handle down to get it closed to where it will latch. My bottom hinge is at max adjustment with the 2 screws, so if there are more, how, where?

hey there, on mine, I have 2 screws/bolts at the top corner and 2 of the same at the bottom. there is a middle bracket that holds the bottom of the top and the top of the bottom door. Your model may vary but I have 2 additional bolts there. You may. need to open both doors at the same time to see the middle bolts b/c you can't see them if either door is shut. the Gasket hides them. What I did was loosen all six then made adjustments to the doors then tightened up the middle after the doors were adjusted. I did this so they could move every so slightly in that area.

Open both doors....there should be 2 there, b.c those doors are designed to swap sides of opening and you can move the latches if you wanted the doors to open from the opposite side.
IG @Pedal_withus
Old 10-26-2022, 09:49 PM   #5

You had said "The middle hinge is not" (adjustable) and that was my thought also, but it sounds like your saying it can be moved slightly. The bottom hinge on the fridge, and the top on the freezer, are obviously adjustable quite a ways, but as I said, mine is at the limit. I will try loosening the middle to see how that goes.
Past: 2015 Winnebago View, 2004 Blue Bird M380, 1990 Blue Bird WB40, 2003 Safari Zanzibar, 1998 Safari Sahara

DonBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBr View Post
You had said "The middle hinge is not" (adjustable) and that was my thought also, but it sounds like your saying it can be moved slightly. The bottom hinge on the fridge, and the top on the freezer, are obviously adjustable quite a ways, but as I said, mine is at the limit. I will try loosening the middle to see how that goes.
I think by loosening the middle bracket you let tension off the top and bottom then that is the one section that kind of locks in it if you will after you make the adjustments needed to both doors. Remember they are all "connected" so an adjustment at the top can affect the bottom.

There is also a guy on the Forest River forum who 3D prints an adjustable latch catch for these fridges....you have to buy from him by DM off that forum and I don't want to cheat on Jayco so I haven't registered to buy one. I am sure someone on ETSY or equal has one but i haven't researched it b.c I was able to fix my issues.
IG @Pedal_withus