Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #1

Glacier Package

Guys I have a question on this I just ordered a whitehawk28dsbh and I did tons of research these TT. This info off jaycos site says

it has the Glacier package "Eagle HT's standard Glacier Package provides thermal protection by combining the most protected underbelly in the industry with the highest BTU output furnace in its class . The enclosed underbelly, tucked and foamed inside the I-beam rails, features blown heat and triple-insulated holding tanks."

Now I know it says Eagles HT but I asked numerous dealers if this was the same on white hawks regarding inuslation R factors and triple insulated tanks all said yes. Also personally only saw two units that had glacier package but could not see tanks (even though my knife wanted to cut the plastic to find out) But i bit the bullet and ordered the trailer. Any whitehawk owners with GP been able to look at their tanks see if they were insulated?
Chevycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #2

Congrats on your new trailer. We also ordered that same trailer yesterday!! I looked under the trailer and you can not see the fresh water tank, but you can see the grey and black tanks, so those are not completely enclosed. I'm interested in what others have to say about the glacier package.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #3

Congrats to you both on your new WhiteHawks. We love ours. As for the Glacier package the 2012's didn't have that option but the underbellies are enclosed and the fresh/ black and grey tanks are insulated with spray foam which I believe is standard. From what I've read, normally Glacier Package means more insulation in the floor and roof. You can call Jayco directly to get the answer you're looking for or have your sales person ask their Jayco rep to find out. As for the furnace, it works great ! A little loud but it puts out the heat.

Enjoy your new trailers
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #4

Glacier Package

I did crew all said yes but I also know salesmen tell u Wat u wanna hear to sell a unit lol. Also so far haven't seen people have many issues with their Whitehawk yet I can't wait
Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #5

Glacier Package

Jdorant the ones I looked at all tanks were enclosed now I'm wondering if mine will be different😨
Old 01-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevycat View Post
Jdorant the ones I looked at all tanks were enclosed now I'm wondering if mine will be different��
Hmmm, maybe I getting confused wit a different unit. Looked at so many, but I'm pretty sure you could see the black and grey tanks when I crawled underneath. Definitely could see some thick black insulation as well.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #7

I called my dealer. The unit I ordered has an enclosed underbelly. You can see the underside of the black and grey tanks but the fresh water is above ground therefore heated by the furnace when furnace is on. The glacier package is an upgrade which insulates all the tanks with an upgraded insulation all around the trailer. It's inexpensive so I had that added as well as the upgrade to the 15,000 btu AC.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #8

Glacier Package

Hmmm maybe I'm wrong guess will find out in 45 days yeah gp is cheap I tried and tried to get them to put thermal package on but wouldn't do it but least got them to do 50 amp service. Thermal package offered on jay flight seems better to me
Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #9

just curious... why 50 amp service vs. the 30?

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #10

Glacier Package

So I can run two heaters from my trailer or ac with keeping the outside 20 Amp plug free for whatever i.e a third heater plus the world today is everything is electronic with chargers with two daughters and there phones iPads comps and wife's junk it can add up quickly also u can run microwave and ac together or heater. Trust me adding more power makes rving a bit more convenient if u full time it which I do since I Always work on the road.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevycat View Post
So I can run two heaters from my trailer or ac with keeping the outside 20 Amp plug free for whatever i.e a third heater plus the world today is everything is electronic with chargers with two daughters and there phones iPads comps and wife's junk it can add up quickly also u can run microwave and ac together or heater. Trust me adding more power makes rving a bit more convenient if u full time it which I do since I Always work on the road.
Cool, makes sense.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 03-28-2016, 03:57 AM   #12

We bought a 2015 White Hawk 27dsrl at the end of last season. It is our fifth Jayco, the first being a pop up in the very early 70's, so we are not new to rving. However, we are confused by the gp, because I have heard/read so many different opinions. One dealer says it's a four season and another it's a solid three season tt. I don't know the meaning of the r values in a tt. We live in Northern Michigan and rv into the fall. So, until I/we get some solid information I remain solidly confused. 😳☃
Bobster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster70 View Post
We bought a 2015 White Hawk 27dsrl at the end of last season. It is our fifth Jayco, the first being a pop up in the very early 70's, so we are not new to rving. However, we are confused by the gp, because I have heard/read so many different opinions. One dealer says it's a four season and another it's a solid three season tt. I don't know the meaning of the r values in a tt. We live in Northern Michigan and rv into the fall. So, until I/we get some solid information I remain solidly confused. 😳☃
Simply put, you will not be wise to camp into sub freezing weather with water systems charged for use. No how, no way!! Camping into the fall or getting out early in the Spring are very doable with planning and eyes wide open for coming weather changes. A 45 degree daytime temp and dropping to the low 30's at nite and you will be fine. Into the 20's and keep your onboard furnace going to send some heat below the floor. There is no such thing as a four season TT unless it is professionally retro fitted after you buy a factory model.

Not sure what you are wanting to do, but suggest you heed this advice.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster70 View Post
Congratulations on the White Hawk and welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Simply put, you will not be wise to camp into sub freezing weather with water systems charged for use. No how, no way!! Camping into the fall or getting out early in the Spring are very doable with planning and eyes wide open for coming weather changes. A 45 degree daytime temp and dropping to the low 30's at nite and you will be fine. Into the 20's and keep your onboard furnace going to send some heat below the floor. There is no such thing as a four season TT unless it is professionally retro fitted after you buy a factory model.

Not sure what you are wanting to do, but suggest you heed this advice.
What Bassdogs said.

Regarding the 4 seasons: Your dealer might be correct if you camped in the winter in the south, but not in MI!
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #15

Thumbs up Bobster70

Thanks for the timely reply and the information. It is very helpful.
Bobster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:51 PM   #16

our 2015 eagle has the climate package and enclosed underbelly and I can tell you I have had the plastic down a few times the only insulation I saw was on the bottom of the tanks batt insulation was stuffed in between the tank and the plastic the sides of the tanks had no insulation