Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2022, 07:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary207 View Post
Thanks Bill for the photo. I think I would use a no hub coupling with a plug to cap off the line and fill the tank to make Shure the tank contention is not damaged and leaking.
That would be the easiest. Contact Jayco they should be able to give you the plumbing diagram. They helped me a lot when I had my Jayco. Thor like I have now has a website where owners can download everything on their rv
Old 07-31-2022, 08:58 PM   #22

They do make a no hub cap.
Gary207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:49 AM   #23

Just stick a 4 inch or so piece of pipe with a cap in the end of the no hub and your done. Use some plastic or perforated metal hanger to temporarily hold it up
Attached Thumbnails
71qVOw9HuML._AC_SX679_.jpg  
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:03 AM   #24

When you glue plastic pipe together, use cleaner on both sides and then put glue on it. HOLD IT TOGETHER for about 20 seconds it will try to push itself apart. I have never had a leak. You can pre fit everything before glueing. My motorhome came with everything leaking from my fresh water tank the elbow and shut off valve. I replaced the plastic shut off with a brass ball valve. I used pvc threaded fittings so I can just unscrew the valve to replace if needed
Old 08-01-2022, 08:34 AM   #25

this is why I look at my neighboring rv's when camping. I'm not shy about asking for a different site. It's also why it's illegal to diy plumb according to every building code in the US. I don't care it's a trailer, it's still sanitation. If you aren't going to do it correctly, why do it at all?

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #26
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
this is why I look at my neighboring rv's when camping. I'm not shy about asking for a different site. It's also why it's illegal to diy plumb according to every building code in the US. I don't care it's a trailer, it's still sanitation. If you aren't going to do it correctly, why do it at all?
You can diy plumb in some municipalities as long as it's not for hire, in many it has to be inspected however and that means plumbed to code. Back a hundred years ago when we ran cast iron pipe and kept a lead pot on the fire or you had to sweat copper it wasn't so easy as today and virtually no one did their own work. With pvc, abs, shark bite fittings and pex, everybody is a plumber, some better than others.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:06 AM   #27

I buy and rehab single family homes for rental..... post war 1948-1960 vintage. I've seen just about every DIY junk remodel/repair there can be in 75 year old homes from gluing wood panels to basement concrete block(full of mold..black, yellow and red!) to open end plumbing stacks buried inside of walls (what's that smell? It only shows up when I do laundry). I doubt that many who do their own plumbing know why you use a T instead of a Wye. There's a reason why plumbers are the second highest paid trade....right behind electricians.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote