Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2021, 07:48 AM   #1

Hi everyone, Iím new here. New TT owner

I just bought the 166fbs in November. As a matter of fact itís the same 166 fbs that Josh from Haylet RV did the video walk through on. I tried to buy local but felt like the local dealer tried to rip me off. They didnít have the trailer available on their lot but said if I ordered it I would receive it in a couple of months. I sat down with the salesman and went through the order process. In the end he quoted a price that seemed very high. He said it was a unique camper and the cost reflected it. I remembered what Josh said ď if the dealer wonít honer your warranty because you bought the camper from another dealer why would you want to buy a camper from them. They really donít have your best interest in mind.Ē So I asked them the question and the salesman said ďno, we only take care of our customers ď I got up and walked out. I went home and called Haylet RV. I spoke to Randy and got a quote right over the phone that was over $7,000.00 less than the dealer up the street. We worked out all the details and the following weekend I drove 665 miles and picked up my new RV.I know I sound like I work for Haylet, but I donít. I was so impressed with them that I wanted to tell my story. Ok , the main reason Iím writing this is I havenít taken it out yet. I did sleep in a Cabellas parking lot but that doesnít count. What mods should I be thinking about with this camper. You can look on Haylet YouTube for my 166 fbs and then make recommendations. Thanks
FrankTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:40 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats on making a great deal and enjoy your 2021 Jay Feather Micro 166FBS!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #3

Welcome, congratulations!

I've watched a dozen of Josh's videos. I like his style.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #4

Welcome and Congrats from Texas Panhandle. Stay true to your convections. Enjoy
Wineguard G3 portable sat system & H24 receiver
2013 Harley Triglide
2 Yorkies
cbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #5

Welcome from Northern California!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:46 PM   #6

Welcome and congrats from Maine!
Fastway E2 Trunnion WDH
deepsea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #7

Welcome from Maryland and I am jealous I so want one. The one thing I did to our 145RB is put a raised plastic panel back splash beside and behind the stove, put a cover over your vent fan if it doesn't have one. One thing I did to my 145rb is put a tool chest on the back for all my stinky slinky stuff including its own green hose and black tank sprayer I made. Memory foam mattress. I really don't know how much I would mod it, seams like it checks all the boxes for me and the wife I am looking at the 166 or the 173 MRB down the road.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:25 PM   #8
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:02 AM   #9

Thanks for your good ideas. I already swapped out the mattress. There are not a lot of places in Maryland to purchase an RV . The only place I have experience with is Chesaco RV on route 40. It was not good. You know, buying an RV out of state wasn’t bad. It was a 13 hour drive non stop to Michigan but I made a stop on the way back and slept in the camper. Custom Coach on route 40 said they would do the extended warranty service. Th e 166 fbs is a nice small camper with all the big camper benefits. I’m 6’4” tall and it fits me fine. There is plenty of headroom. Usually when I step into a camper I’m real self conscious of ceiling height, not in this camper. I was a little concerned with the bed , but it is plenty long enough and my wife and I fit in it with room for our dog if he decides to sleep with us on cold nights. If you decide on the 166 it won’t disappoint. Nice to hear from another person from Maryland. Let me know of the places you enjoy camping at in the area.
FrankTJ is offline   Reply With Quote