Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2017, 05:40 AM   #1

Hot water heater issues 16xrb Jayco Jay flight

Hot water heater will not fill up with water on my 16xrb jay flight Jayco. I only see one value on the front. Book indicates 3 but in those spots there is no valve. Just the one on the bottom. I opened it and no water comes out of faucet.
qrst_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:13 AM   #2

Hot water heater issues 16xrb Jayco Jay flight

I only see one value on the front of the water heater. Book is showing 3 but in those other 2 spots their is no value. I open that value and turned on the hot water faucet. A little bit of water came out then nothing comes out. Left it go for 10 minutes and still no water coming out. Tried the above 3 times same result. I tried to follow the lines to see if any more values and there are none.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:06 AM   #3

The valves are inside the camper on the back of the water heater.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

If I recall my new 2017 Jayflight only has one valve too.
I think it feeds the inlet side of the HW tank and the outflow of the HW tank has a one way check valve.
I believe perpendicular to line shuts off water flow to HW tank. Valve turned in line with hose should fill HW tank.
If you are using city water hook up, you will not need pump.
If you are using FW tank, you will need to use pump.

If on FW tank, after filling you will need to turn on pump to fill HW tank while opening hot water faucet. Once filled, you should get full flow out of faucet.

If on city water, HW tank should fill while opening hot water faucet. When HW tank is full, you should get good flow out of faucet.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:09 AM   #5

Looks like an issue with the check valve

Hello. I was able to get the water heater full with water. Aactually ended up filling it twice wanted to check it so empty the plug then refilled. I had the hot water faucets on for over 15 minutes and no water has come out. It has that check valve but won't let water go past it. Any tricks I can use to get the system flowing. I have not tried to light it yet.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:07 PM   #6

My 2015 X123 water heater has - three 1/4 turn ball valves on it...there's a line coming off the top a line going in the bottom and a line between the two (bypass). Where is this check valve? Can you post up a picture? it almost sounds as though if equipped with a check valve, that it might be installed backwards.

In "mission mode" the top and bottom valves must be open and the bypass closed. The valves on my camper are open when the handle aligns with the direction of the pipe and closed when the handle is perpendicular to the pipe. These valves are located "behind" the water heater inside of the camper (inside a bench on my model - which requires a screw driver to get into).

If you open the bypass do you get water out of the hot faucets?
X213_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #7

Someone on another forum had a similar issue with a brand new Jayco. They traced the water lines into and out of the water heater. They found a kinked PEX LINE.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote