Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #21

Doesn't NJ also do mandatory vehicle inspections? Not just smog like here. I agree though, err on the side of caution.
OdiN1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:52 AM   #22

DOT compliant again!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5412.jpg  
Canadian_in_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiN1701 View Post

Next, we need to mark where to mount the silicone backer for the camera. I actually just held it where I wanted and drilled through the 4 holes after carefully ensuring the top two would hit the crossbeam. In order for this to work, I had to cut some of the center hole in this silicone piece so that it could be moved up and allow the wire to go through the hole correctly.

Once I had the holes drilled, I filled the new hole with silicone as best as I could, and also around the wire, leaving a little bit to tuck into the back of the camera. Screwed in the camera using wood screws for the top two holes and self-tapping metal screws on the bottom two. It feels nice and secure.

The last thing to do was to silicone around the perimeter of the camera mount, cover the screws, and also redo the silicone on the marker light.

I can’t find a mount that fits the contours of the 2018/2019 174BH. Did you use a 3D printed mount or was it flat and you filled in the gap or is there a mount for that shaped siding?
Noobsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobsack View Post
I can’t find a mount that fits the contours of the 2018/2019 174BH. Did you use a 3D printed mount or was it flat and you filled in the gap or is there a mount for that shaped siding?
I just used the standard furrion silicone mount that came with the camera and caulked the edges to seal it up.
OdiN1701 is offline   Reply With Quote