Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

How to raise and support X213 to remove all 4 wheels

I need to remove all 4 wheels from my X213. I am having all 4 tires replaced so I can get this out of storage and start using it again. I need to take all 4 wheels to a tire shop about 1/2 mile away. Having never jacked up the trailer nor removed any wheels I have no idea where to place a jack to remove the wheels nor where to place a jack stand to support the trailer while the are off. Any advice is very welcome. All I have found online is replacing a one flat tire by driving up a ramp under good tire on same side to raise flat tire. Not applicable for me in this case.

Thanks you all all so helpful!!!

John
2011 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X213
2000 Chevy 2500HD Silverado
jmoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:41 PM   #2

I am going to have to jack up mine sometime to install a lift. I cut 4 pieces of angle about 2 feet long to use under the frame as a lifting / support point. Planned on lifting and placing jack stands under the frame in 4 places about 4 feet in front and behind the axles
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #3

I did this for one side at a time with our old hybrid, and with our old pop-up when I had to replace a leaf spring, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with both sides.

Make sure the trailer is parked on a flat firm surface. Lower the tongue jack all the way so the tong is near the ground. The rear of the trailer will be pointing up. Put an axle stand behind the rear wheels under the frame, as close to the spring mounts as you can. Then raise the tongue jack up again. As the front of the trailer lifts, the rear will start to rest on the stands and the wheels will lift off the ground. Put two more stands in front of the wheels under the frame as close to the spring mounts as you can. Then lower the tongue jack until the weight is resting on the stands. I've never done it for both sides at the same time, but it worked for me doing one side at a time.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #4

You need to break the lugnuts loose before putting it on stands. What Northof49 said should work. Otherwise lift the frame, right behind or in front of the axle. Place the jack stand under the frame. Never lift the axle. Also make sure to have a good surface to put the jack stand onto, ideally concrete. With tar or dirt you might sink in.

Can you hookup and bring the htt to the tire shop? Some shops have room some do not.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:11 PM   #5

The easiest way to do this is to do one side at a time. Its only 1/2 mile to the tire shop so jack one side and take those tires to the shop. Bring them back and reinstall and repeat on the other side. If it was 10 miles it might be worth the effort, but in your case just do it one side at a time.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #6

Thanks everyone for the help. I ended up doing one side at a time. I used my TV's bottle jack and went under the frame between the axles, I then used jack stands on the frame infront of forward axle and behind rear axle. Worked out fine.

Thank you very much

John
2011 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X213
2000 Chevy 2500HD Silverado
jmoors is offline   Reply With Quote