Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #21

We hunted around MN, Wisc. Iowa, ND and SD for a camper in the 20-25 foot range. In the Twin Cities, there is only one Jayco dealer and several dealers who sell every kind of trailer connected to Forest River. While the Jayco was 2 or 3 thousand more than others we looked at, the quality far surpassed the others. So I'm not real surprised there are so few of them on the road. We bought the 20 MRB and will be taking it on it's maiden voyage to Teddy Roosevelt and Yellowston in a week. I love that it sits up as high as it does and has an enclosed bottom. We bought the Glacier Package so that we can camp into the late fall and the early spring times. I wish I knew a little more about the Glacier Package. I wrote to Jayco and asked what are the specific additions with the package and they haven't written back. If anyone else knows, please pass it on. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for other White Hawks.
two pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #22

Never worried about being the only WH in the CG, because our 2014 DSRE has never failed to generate a lot of attention from other campers. Lots of ??'s and lots of compliments. The key though is wife and I love it. Have taken a couple several short trips of a week+ and one long outing last Jan/Feb for a total of 6 weeks. Perfect layout for a couple of retired empty nesters.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:39 PM   #23

Just finished a 4 night stay in Mt. Rushmore KOA. Was pleasantly surprised to see another 28DSBH in the site right behind us. On our departure this morning we saw a 23' White Hawk.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #24

We saw a 29SQB this weekend. We were at the Yogi Bear (VERY LARGE campground) in Illinois near Dekalb and I looked through the campgrounds and only saw the one White Hawk besides ours
Eaglechief_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by two pockets View Post
We hunted around MN, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for other White Hawks.
We spotted another White Hawk on I-94 just outside Alexandria, MN on our maiden voyage this weekend. (just before the MN Highway Patrol pulled us over because we didn't have a license plate on the trailer. Duh! It was 3 days old!)

-2004 Nissan Titan w/Equal-i-zer hitch
-2014 Jayco White Hawk 24 RBS
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #26

Saw another 27DSRL during our recent visit to River Plantation in Sevierville, TN. Didn't get to meet the owners. While I've seen other model WHs, this is the first one we've seen like ours.

Cheers,
Greg
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #27

We were at Myrtle Beach SP last week and there was another White Hawk there about the same size as ours but I don't know the model or year.

First time I had seen another White Hawk in a CG.

White Hawks have only been around since 2012 so they won't be nearly as many of them as Jay Flights and Eagles.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #28

Must be a Midwest sort of thing but I see many WH on the roads and in campgrounds. Feel free to wave. You'll get a wave back from us!
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:25 AM   #29

We've only seen 1 other White Hawk while camping....last year at Georgetown Lake. They do seem to be very far and few between. We love ours!!!
2015 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax
JMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:15 AM   #30

We have had our 2016 Whitehawk 27DSLR for several months and have only seen one other Whitehawk.
We stopped and chatted...ended up having dinner.

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:07 AM   #31

Seeing a White Hawk on the highway is kind of like seeing an Airstream - don't seem to see either one very often. We really like our 29REKS and the fireplace comes in very handy on those cool mornings. However, when we went to Florida last February, we stayed in Chattanooga our first night out and it was cold enough that I used both the fireplace and furnace to keep things warm since it was below freezing.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #32

Hitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milw156 View Post
For having our 28 for over a year, I have only seen 1 other White Hawk, and it was passing on I-5. For as many Jay Flights, Swifts and Eagles I've seen, I guess there aren't that many out there.

It was rare enough that I had to wave, so if that was you being waved to by a white Chevy with a 28DSBH in tow, howdy!
I'm picking up a new Whitehawk 28DSBH in a few weeks. Wondering what hitch you use? I've got it narrowed down to a few on etrailer.com. Also, do you have a range of tongue weights for yours from empty up to fully loaded at 7500 lbs. thanks for your help.
XwingFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Never worried about being the only WH in the CG, because our 2014 DSRE has never failed to generate a lot of attention from other campers. Lots of ??'s and lots of compliments. The key though is wife and I love it. Have taken a couple several short trips of a week+ and one long outing last Jan/Feb for a total of 6 weeks. Perfect layout for a couple of retired empty nesters.
UPDATE:Have another year plus on our 2014 30DSRE and we smile everytime we walk inside. Have found a few things they could improve on, but we would buy it again in a heart beat.

What would I change? Outlets and switches. Need switch on the bedroom overhead so non NBA players can access the lite. More outlets in key locations like below the pantry / water heater cabinet. A switch to power an outlet near the dining table or couch located by the entry door so you can turn on a light when you come in at nite.

We may not be many, but we are loyal to our brand and choice. Have never talked to another owner who is not happy with their Whitehawk.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #34

I do agree we are few and far between.
2016 F-250 gas Super Duty Super Crew 8 ft. box.
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #35

New 27DSRL

Took ours back to the dealer for some warranty issues (no big things but it goes off warranty in a couple of weeks so wanted to close those items out). While there, they had a new 27DSRL on the lot. I asked the salesperson to open it for us so we could see the changes. I noticed they switched the hand-cranked antenna to a new Winegard (I assume Rayzar) that doesn't crank. The swivel rockers are now recliners and will solve a lot of problems. Speaking of swivel rockers, they took the frames off the side of the windows and are using curtains--no more damaged frames with the rockers smacking them. The sticker type backsplash has been upgraded to actual tiles. I also noticed shades on the skylights. A lot of minor things that annoyed me seem to have been addressed--not enough for me to buy a new one, but it looks like some customers have spoken and they listened.
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #36

We also looked at the new model 2017 27dsrl and all the upgrades, I have done most already to ours so no need to buy new for a few more years. Remember they have to continue to do this to make you continue to buy. Just like the new model cars.
2016 F-250 gas Super Duty Super Crew 8 ft. box.
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #37

We were in Mackinac City a few weeks ago and actually found 2 other White Hawks in the KOA campground. We walked down to one of them and were talking to the owners when another couple came up and started talking about their WH. Had a very good conversation and everyone was very happy with their choice of the WH.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #38

I've had my '16 WH 28dsbh for less than a month. I've seen, and have been seeing quite a few WHs on the road and in camp sites, over the last couple of years. They may be more popular down in these parts. I had 3 WH dealers within 200 miles of my location, which added to my decision to buy this TT. Then again, I had done enough research that I was convinced that it needed to be a WH or an Eagle TT because I think they are structurally better made than most. So far we are VERY happy with ours, and hope you all are as well!

See you on the road. We're going to Virginia and back soon, and next year will be making a long loop around the Great American West.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #39

Living up in the northwest camping in eastern Washington and I have not seen any Whitehawks either always see a lot of jay flights and feathers tho and few pinnacles. Wife saw one just like ours in the freeway the other day tho. I'm loving my WhiteHawk so there are a lot of people missing out
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:26 AM   #40

I feel your pain when I have to jump up on the bed to hit the light Also why the bright LED's right in the face when laying in bed? Does anyone know of any mods to dim them or swap out for something else for a better bed time reading? Go WhiteHawk's! Only appropriate cause I'm from the Seattle area so go "Hawks!"
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote