Jayco RV Owners Forum

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #21
Site Team
Crabman's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
Save $400??? How much is your insurance? I only pay $300 a year for full coverage.
I believe it is because they are insuring a motorhome, which carries different and more expensive insurance then a trailer. My trailer ins. is now less then 150 a year, with a vanishing deductible that is now 0 after 5 years.

2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:46 PM   #22
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 1,261
Some storage facilities require insurance of sorts to store there, if at your own home home owners may have it covered to a point (may not be the same with a rent situation though)same goes when towing with a vehicle (while in tow). May have to carry seperate insurance for just when its not in use or storage for along period of time. I guess it really depends the value of your TT, if its being financed still, how old, the amount of traveling and actual usage. We keep out little 165 insured year round (very minimal) and stored at our home. We have a large bundled plan with life ins, home, 3 cars, and the TT.

exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #23
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ninilchik, Alaska
Posts: 95
I recently raised my deductible on Collision to $2500 as the RV is semi-permanently set-up in a RV park in Az. and my truck is in Alaska.

That move saved me $83 on a $400 insurance premium...Progressive Ins. Co.
2012 JAYCO BUNGALOW Jayflight 40FER
2004.5 Dodge Ram; CTD; 3500 Dually; CC; 4x4; 6 spd. 5600; Smarty Jr.
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #24
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 227
Pretty sure collision coverage only comes into play when your vehicle runs into something.

In the case of another vehicle running into yours, their collision coverage should cover it. Otherwise, you'd need an uninsured motorist rider.

Comprehensive covers it otherwise.

Had a deer run into my wifes car as we were driving down the road, that was covered by comprehensive. Had I run off the road and hit a tree trying to dodge the deer, then my collision would have had to cover it. (I asked )

In the same vein, windshields cracked by thrown rocks are covered under comprehensive.

Originally Posted by dougfir1 View Post
The issue here is what if your RV is run into by another vehicle? That has to be picked up by collision coverage, not comprehensive.

charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.