Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #11

Mine the DVDs player worked fine, but when watching tv the sound would not come out of the radio speakers.I pulled the TV off the wall and found there was no audio out cables installed.I pulled the radio and installed a set from the audio out on the tv to the audio in on the radio.Work perfect now.

WrenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenZ71 View Post
Mine the DVDs player worked fine, but when watching tv the sound would not come out of the radio speakers.I pulled the TV off the wall and found there was no audio out cables installed.I pulled the radio and installed a set from the audio out on the tv to the audio in on the radio.Work perfect now.
I have cables that are running from the stereo to the tv, as I said, I can get sound from stereo speakers when playing a movie, just not from plain tv. I had looked, but off the top of my head I can't say specifically as to where the cables on tv and stereo are plugged into.

2015 Chevy 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab 6.0L-V8, 4:10 gears
2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
2013 Jayco Jay Feather 23b (traded in)
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L HD Tow Package (traded in)
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Revschuette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revschuette View Post
I have cables that are running from the stereo to the tv, as I said, I can get sound from stereo speakers when playing a movie, just not from plain tv. I had looked, but off the top of my head I can't say specifically as to where the cables on tv and stereo are plugged into.
Just got my 19RD sorted out yesterday. Like yours, mine were hooked up the same way. Audio was out from tv and in to IRV and the video was ran from out on IRV and in to the TV. ODD. I chnged it so the audio would go to the tv. Well I turned the TV all the way up, 100 on the Jensen, and it was really low. If you turn off all speakers, A,B, & C, and then turn the IRV all the way up, you will be able to hear the tv speakers. They suck and I am now going to put it back the way Jayco had it. One cable total for the video for the DVD's and the red and white for the Audio from TV to IRV. They must know the TV speakers suck...
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojls View Post
Just got my 19RD sorted out yesterday. Like yours, mine were hooked up the same way. Audio was out from tv and in to IRV and the video was ran from out on IRV and in to the TV. ODD. I chnged it so the audio would go to the tv. Well I turned the TV all the way up, 100 on the Jensen, and it was really low. If you turn off all speakers, A,B, & C, and then turn the IRV all the way up, you will be able to hear the tv speakers. They suck and I am now going to put it back the way Jayco had it. One cable total for the video for the DVD's and the red and white for the Audio from TV to IRV. They must know the TV speakers suck...
Ok.....so, when the tv is on no sound through the stereo speakers? My system is hooked up the same way from Jayco.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #15

If you want just sound from tv, you must change the audio cables from in to out on the iRV, and from out to in on the TV. Then have all speakers off and turn the TV's volume all the way up and then use the iRV's volume control to control the TV's volume. It is weird but that is how mine worked. I ended up just putting it back the way it was so I only had one cable between the TV and iRV. Video to TV and then all audio, whether it was SAT, cable or iRV audio, it would be on the iRV speakers only. No audio to TV.
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #16

I want sound coming out of the stereo speakers from the tv (whatever I'm watching). That is my problem. I turn on the tv and the sound only comes out of the tv, not through the stereo speakers. If I pop in a DVD to watch, it is only then that I will get the sound coming from my stereo speakers. My 23b I could get the sound coming from regular tv to come through the stereo. I can't seem to do that with the new camper.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 02:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revschuette View Post
I'm sorry if you posted it I didn't read all the post.

You should have 2 sets of a/v cables running from the TV to the radio.

Set 1- should have 3 wires-yellow,red and white connectors.They should be running from the audio/video out on the back of the radio to the audio/video input on the TV. This set is used for the DVD player so I'm sure you have these.

Set 2- should have 2 wires-red and white connectors.They should be running from the audio/video in on the back of the radio to the audio out on the TV. Mine was missing these. I added them and now it works.
WrenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenZ71 View Post
I'm sorry if you posted it I didn't read all the post.

You should have 2 sets of a/v cables running from the TV to the radio.

Set 1- should have 3 wires-yellow,red and white connectors.They should be running from the audio/video out on the back of the radio to the audio/video input on the TV. This set is used for the DVD player so I'm sure you have these.

Set 2- should have 2 wires-red and white connectors.They should be running from the audio/video in on the back of the radio to the audio out on the TV. Mine was missing these. I added them and now it works.
Ok, now do you have the irv stereo? Not sure when Jayco started using these.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #19

I know I only have set 1 that you mentioned, I don't have the second, that must be my problem. I have the Jensen tv with the irv stereo as I mentioned.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #20

Considering a Jensen TV sells for over $300.00 at CW, sadly it is a POS. Like the OP, I cannot get sound from the TV to the stereo. The speakers on the Jensen sound like the sound from a 1950s Japanese transistor radio. The bass and treble do not help and I think are there for someone's amusement.

After checking at Amazon & Best Buy, I found a Samsung smart TV ( the Jensen isn't even reasonably intelligent) the same 24 inches for under $200.00 and a 28 inch for just over $200.00. With permission from SWMBO, I purchased the 24 inch set and the sound is so good, I don't care if the sound goes through the TT speakers. This set will play movies from a thumb drive and even has a built in web browser. The only negative is the set is only 120 volt but an inverter should take care of that. The yellow energy sticker states it will cost $4.00 for electricity for a year!

The mounting arm in my White Hawk 20MRB worked perfect on the Samsung. I did have to put washers between the mounting bracket and TV so the mounting arm latch would work.

Murff

Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote