Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revschuette View Post
I want sound coming out of the stereo speakers from the tv (whatever I'm watching). That is my problem. I turn on the tv and the sound only comes out of the tv, not through the stereo speakers. If I pop in a DVD to watch, it is only then that I will get the sound coming from my stereo speakers. My 23b I could get the sound coming from regular tv to come through the stereo. I can't seem to do that with the new camper.
Then do as I stated, use just the video side of the three wire av cable out of irv and video in on the tv. Then use the red and white for the TV's audio out to audio in on the irv. Then change the audio to either AUX in or line in. I will update tonight after I test with another video source.
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:59 AM   #22

I had the same problem, turn the volume way up on the radio and it should work.
Union lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:54 AM   #23

Like stated above, just make sure you have the second set of cables running from the TV in to the back of the stereo(White and red). You may also have to switch the input on the stereo radio side to aux 1 or aux 2 to come out the speakers. Also make sure the speaker buttons are turned on(A,B, and C if you want sound outside).

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:59 PM   #24

Well I did get the wires switched that the stereo speakers function with the correct on/off button on the stereo. I did try to work with the cables going from the TV to the stereo and didn't get any sound yet. Will try again and see if I can get it.

2015 Chevy 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab 6.0L-V8, 4:10 gears
2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
2013 Jayco Jay Feather 23b (traded in)
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L HD Tow Package (traded in)
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Revschuette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Well I did get the wires switched that the stereo speakers function with the correct on/off button on the stereo. I did try to work with the cables going from the TV to the stereo and didn't get any sound yet. Will try again and see if I can get it.
Got mine setup and the audio in on the back of the iRV is AUX IN mode, not AV IN. Stupid if you ask me. Took me a while to figure that out. Multiple cables, input devices and was just checking something and plugged into the AUX IN jack in the front while in AV IN mode and got sound. I then switched back to my blu ray player, changed to AUX IN, and had the blu ray audio through the iRV speakers, yay. I would say I spent at least an hour and a half trying to figure this out and it was just inputs labeled wrong in the iRV system.
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:34 AM   #26

Some of these TVs require that their internal speakers be set to off before it will output sound out of the audio outs.

Jayco has been using one cable to hook them up. Yellow is video going to the tv from the iRV. The red and white pair carries audio from the TV to the iRV

The furrion systems in the 16s are all HDMI and work better.

-Eli
Old 06-04-2015, 07:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Have a question - we brought home our White Hawk 28dsbh a couple of days ago and after playing around with the stereo and tv (television), I can't seem to get the tv sound to come through the stereo speakers. I was able to do this in our 23B and am assuming one can do that with the IRV system. I put the "mode" to a/v and still get no sound coming through the stereo speakers. the "aux" mode would be used for a mp3 player if I'm not mistaken?

I did pull the stereo out and checked the hook ups to the back of the receiver and believe they are correct. I tried to check on the back of the tv but I think I need to take it off as there isn't much room to get my hands behind it. How does one get the tv off? Are there snap pins to get it off the bracket?

I also have an issue with the speakers in the bedroom. Both should turn on and off by pushing button "B", one speaker works with this button, the other is wired to button "C" and goes on and off with the outside speakers.

So any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Our 2015 Jayco White Hawk 21FBS is the exact same - no TV sound thru the stereo speakers. We have the Jensen TV and the iRV as well. When we did the initial walk-thru, the dealer told us that the TV sound only came thru the TV speakers and not the stereo speakers. The radio and any DVD sound does come thru the speakers. Crazy setup, if you ask me. We intend to eventually tackle that issue and see if we can wire the TV sound to come thru the speakers - just haven't gotten around to it yet. If you figure it out, let me know! Happy camping!

Mark, Kelley and our mutt, Macy
2014 Chevy Silverado
2015 Jayco White Hawk 21FBS
mk4ever86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:26 AM   #28

Mine came wired so that the TV sound can come through the IRV system and speakers. I have to select the TV as the input to the IRV system. It's not labeled TV, though. I don't have it in front of me, but it seems like the input is called AUX, or something like that.

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #29

I haven't really been trying lately to get the sound from the TV through the stereo speakers. As stated if we watch a movie (dvd) then yes it comes through the stereo speakers. I have taken the stereo out of the slot to play with it and try different things so many times at first that the screws are getting loose in the wood. I'm thinking I will be choosing to be content with the way it currently works. We don't watch much TV anyways as we don't have a satellite system, usually weather and news or movies if we have rain days.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 07-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #30

Quote:
I haven't really been trying lately to get the sound from the TV through the stereo speakers. As stated if we watch a movie (dvd) then yes it comes through the stereo speakers. I have taken the stereo out of the slot to play with it and try different things so many times at first that the screws are getting loose in the wood. I'm thinking I will be choosing to be content with the way it currently works. We don't watch much TV anyways as we don't have a satellite system, usually weather and news or movies if we have rain days.
I had the same problem also, When watching TV, sound ONLY came out of the TV. My paperwork came with an extra AV cable (RED & WHITE for audio, YELLOW for video) I unscrewed the 4 screws holding the iRV6500BT (not sure if you have this unit or not) and GENTLY (easy to nick & scratch the veneer) pulled the unit out exposing all the wires. Take the extra AV cable and plug the RED & WHITE plugs into the iRV unit's Line In (Its color coded), dont plug the yellow plug in. I then ran the wiring with the other cables going to the Jensen TV. On the back of the Jensen TV plug the RED & WHITE plugs into the AUDIO out. #1 in the diagram. Now with the other AV cable I plugged the RED WHITE YELLOW plugs into the LINE OUT of the iRV unit. The other end of this cable goes to the back of the Jensen TV COMPONENT VIDEO INPUT. RED plugs into R, WHITE plugs into L, Yellow plugs into Y. Turn on your TV and change your SOURCE on the remote to TV. Change MODE on your iRV unit to AUX IN. You should have sound coming out of the stereo speakers. You can also turn off the TV speakers via your TV remote control MENU section. Good Luck ! This worked for me with the iRV6500BT and Jensen 32in TV. To get to the back of the Jensen TV there are 2 levers that are accessed from underneath the TV and reaching up and pulling the levers towards you, once you here them pop, swing the TV upwards. On my TV bracket there was a steel cable attached to both levers, pulling down on the cable didnt help, the levers MUST be pulled towards yourself. Any questions or criticisms please let me know. This is our first TT, traded in our popup this year
Attached Thumbnails
0708151034.jpg   0708151746.jpg   0708151746a.jpg   0708151031.jpg   0708151031b.jpg  

Future Projects : Kitchen faucet w pulldown sprayer DONE , bathroom faucet and shower head DONE, dimmer for awning lights DONE, Clear door window kit DONE, internal&external fridge fans DONE
denn888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #31

we have the 20mrb and the little 22" TV sound is awful. I just ran a aux cable from the headphone jack on the TV to the front of the irv aux in jack. Switched mode to auv and viola. Easy peasy.
Scsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:09 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by denn888 View Post
I had the same problem also, When watching TV, sound ONLY came out of the TV. My paperwork came with an extra AV cable (RED & WHITE for audio, YELLOW for video) I unscrewed the 4 screws holding the iRV6500BT (not sure if you have this unit or not) and GENTLY (easy to nick & scratch the veneer) pulled the unit out exposing all the wires. Take the extra AV cable and plug the RED & WHITE plugs into the iRV unit's Line In (Its color coded), dont plug the yellow plug in. I then ran the wiring with the other cables going to the Jensen TV. On the back of the Jensen TV plug the RED & WHITE plugs into the AUDIO out. #1 in the diagram. Now with the other AV cable I plugged the RED WHITE YELLOW plugs into the LINE OUT of the iRV unit. The other end of this cable goes to the back of the Jensen TV COMPONENT VIDEO INPUT. RED plugs into R, WHITE plugs into L, Yellow plugs into Y. Turn on your TV and change your SOURCE on the remote to TV. Change MODE on your iRV unit to AUX IN. You should have sound coming out of the stereo speakers. You can also turn off the TV speakers via your TV remote control MENU section. Good Luck ! This worked for me with the iRV6500BT and Jensen 32in TV. To get to the back of the Jensen TV there are 2 levers that are accessed from underneath the TV and reaching up and pulling the levers towards you, once you here them pop, swing the TV upwards. On my TV bracket there was a steel cable attached to both levers, pulling down on the cable didnt help, the levers MUST be pulled towards yourself. Any questions or criticisms please let me know. This is our first TT, traded in our popup this year
I will have to try this, see if I can get it to work. Thanks!!

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 07-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #33

Thanks everyone for replying so quickly. Changing the TV settings to speaker off and fixed vise variable with the iRV on Aux was the trick.

John
JohnAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #34

IMHO, the Jensen TV is junk. We had the 24 inch in our 20MRB, also. Checked online fof the suggested retail of this TV is $329.00.

Went to Best Buy and bought a Samsung smart TV for just under $200.00. Mount in the trailer was the same, hooked up easily and it will even stream videos from many sources including an external hard drive or my Samsung S4. Speakers on this TV actually sound as good as the RV speakers.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:56 PM   #35

Change these settings and the TV will play through the stereo
Attached Thumbnails
20150804_153943.jpg   20150804_154010.jpg  
lilbald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #36

You have most likely fixed the issue...but if you buy a 1/8" mini stereo cord at both ends you will plug one end into the headphone jack of the TV and the other end into AV/AUX jack in the head unit switch mode to AV and you are all hooked up and sound will come out of all of the speakers hooked up.. Also a cheaper way to up grade your sound system is to get a powered computer speaker system with a subwoofer make sure it has an aux in ..plug a RCA PIN TYPE CORD INTO THE AUX OUT ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNIT AND INTO THE AUX IN ON THE SUB TURN THE COMP SPEAKER ON ABOUT 3/4'S UP AND USE YOU IRV REMOTE TO CONTROL THE REST--I SPENT 50 BUCKS AND NOW HAVE A FULL SPECTRUM OF SOUND. I PUT THE SUB AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CABINET BELOW THE TV ALL OF THE WIRES ARE NOW HIDDEN AND I CUT OUT 2 BASS PORT HOLES INSTALLED OLD ONES FROM A OLDER SPEAKER CAB IN THE BLACK PANEL..LOOKS FACTORY.
DEAN SWIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #37

Yep I got it to work thanks to all the nice folks like you on the Forum.

john
JohnAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #38

Great..

I had tried using the red and white audio cord to the Tv and the Head unit. but the sound was out of time the head set jack was better at least for me....
DEAN SWIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #39

I had the same issue and found the wiring in the back of the Radio was incorrect, The red/white had to be plugged TV's "audio out" to the head unit's "audio in" for playing TV to AUX1. I have sound in the TV and by turning on the tuner by going to AUX1 I have both TV & Ceiling speakers. Either can be turned off independent of the other. 10 minutes max with straightening the wire rats nest I found behind there.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote