Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #1

IRV Stereo Question

Have a question - we brought home our White Hawk 28dsbh a couple of days ago and after playing around with the stereo and tv (television), I can't seem to get the tv sound to come through the stereo speakers. I was able to do this in our 23B and am assuming one can do that with the IRV system. I put the "mode" to a/v and still get no sound coming through the stereo speakers. the "aux" mode would be used for a mp3 player if I'm not mistaken?

I did pull the stereo out and checked the hook ups to the back of the receiver and believe they are correct. I tried to check on the back of the tv but I think I need to take it off as there isn't much room to get my hands behind it. How does one get the tv off? Are there snap pins to get it off the bracket?

I also have an issue with the speakers in the bedroom. Both should turn on and off by pushing button "B", one speaker works with this button, the other is wired to button "C" and goes on and off with the outside speakers.

So any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2015 Chevy 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab 6.0L-V8, 4:10 gears
2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
2013 Jayco Jay Feather 23b (traded in)
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L HD Tow Package (traded in)
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Revschuette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:38 AM   #2

After some looking - I realized I have one bedroom speaker and one outside speaker wired together that operate on the same on/off switch (B) on the stereo - as do the other bedroom and outside speaker operate on switch (C). I'm under the impression this is wrong as the bedroom speakers should turn on and off using the same button (B) as should the outside speakers (C).

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #3

It appears you have the same setup we had in our TT with a 32 inch Jensen TV mounted to the rotating platform with a fixed mounting bracket. Believe me it is very difficult to dismount because it is nearly impossible to get to the spring-loaded levers at the bottom of the mount.

I dismounted ours twice with the fixed bracket. The first time was extremely hard because I couldn't find anyone on this forum or elsewhere who knew exactly how to release the bracket. I finally bought a video snake and discovered the location of the levers. The next problem was figuring out how to get to the levers. If I remember correctly I finally was able to reach the levers from the bottom of the TV. Once removed, I disconnected the bracket from the old TV and installed the new 12 volt Jensen TV. It is pretty much the same TV only 12 volt DC instead of 120 volt AC because we like to dry camp.

I had to remove the TV the second time because we decided we wanted to replace the fixed bracket with a full-swivel bracket so we would have a better view of the TV while sitting at the dinette table. When I tried to disconnect the bracket using the same technique I used the first time I discovered the levers where too far up to reach them from the bottom of the TV. I finally had to use two wood rulers as fulcrums to release the spring-loaded levers. Thankfully my wife was helping me because it was a two person job. Once it was removed, I replaced it with this bracket Amazon.com: MOR/ryde TV1006H Double Arm Swivel TV Wall Mount: Automotive

This bracket is an overkill for the weight of the TV but it has a locking pin for traveling and does not twist out of alignment. I recommend this one because it is so solid. An added benefit is that the connectors on the back of the TV are now easily accessible.

Anyway, here are a few photos. Hope they help.

Ken

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #4

DO NOT waste your time & money on this bracket.

http://www.amazon.com/MOR-ryde-TV102...0M1XX6WKR0R7EK

It was the first one I installed and after each trip I noticed that the TV was twisted out of alignment. Spend a few extra bucks and get the TV1006H - you can thank me later - ha.

Ken

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #5

You need to set the mode (on the radio) to TV-Audio, no need to change anything on the TV. My ceiling sound speakers work on that setting. You should be able to swap the speaker wires on the back of the radio to correct the other problem

Hope this helps.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
You need to set the mode (on the radio) to TV-Audio, no need to change anything on the TV. My ceiling sound speakers work on that setting. You should be able to swap the speaker wires on the back of the radio to correct the other problem

Hope this helps.
As I cycle through the "modes", I find that I only have blue tooth, something for an iPod, a/v, and aux.........no "tv audio" mode.

As for the speakers, I plan on pulling it out and see if I can switch some wires around.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #7

You must have a different setup than mine. Sorry I couldn't help.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #8

Its possible that the TV has not been wired correctly to the radio/CD/DVD unit. I noticed in my new TT that the video lead goes to the TV's input and the audio leads go to the TV's output. Plus there is an extra cable in the bag with the remotes. I'll be sorting it out while we are camping next weekend.

Remember that the input on one box has to be tied to the output of the other box. It gets quite confusing because the iRV is both a music & video source as well as an amplifier/speaker driver. Throw in that the TV contains it's own audio amp and speakers.....

Aren't 21st century electronics FUN?

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:06 AM   #9

I did throw in a DVD yesterday and the sound came through the stereo speakers, just can't get the plain tv audio to come through. I found the other cables in the bag that came with the camper and played with those for a bit but no success. I guess its not a huge deal, at least I can get the sound coming through when watching a movie.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revschuette View Post
As I cycle through the "modes", I find that I only have blue tooth, something for an iPod, a/v, and aux.........no "tv audio" mode.

As for the speakers, I plan on pulling it out and see if I can switch some wires around.
My TV sound comes through either aux 1 or aux 2. Try that if you haven't already. If that works, you will just have to switch the wires for the outside and bedroom speakers.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #11

Mine the DVDs player worked fine, but when watching tv the sound would not come out of the radio speakers.I pulled the TV off the wall and found there was no audio out cables installed.I pulled the radio and installed a set from the audio out on the tv to the audio in on the radio.Work perfect now.
WrenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenZ71 View Post
Mine the DVDs player worked fine, but when watching tv the sound would not come out of the radio speakers.I pulled the TV off the wall and found there was no audio out cables installed.I pulled the radio and installed a set from the audio out on the tv to the audio in on the radio.Work perfect now.
I have cables that are running from the stereo to the tv, as I said, I can get sound from stereo speakers when playing a movie, just not from plain tv. I had looked, but off the top of my head I can't say specifically as to where the cables on tv and stereo are plugged into.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #13

Quote:
I have cables that are running from the stereo to the tv, as I said, I can get sound from stereo speakers when playing a movie, just not from plain tv. I had looked, but off the top of my head I can't say specifically as to where the cables on tv and stereo are plugged into.
Just got my 19RD sorted out yesterday. Like yours, mine were hooked up the same way. Audio was out from tv and in to IRV and the video was ran from out on IRV and in to the TV. ODD. I chnged it so the audio would go to the tv. Well I turned the TV all the way up, 100 on the Jensen, and it was really low. If you turn off all speakers, A,B, & C, and then turn the IRV all the way up, you will be able to hear the tv speakers. They suck and I am now going to put it back the way Jayco had it. One cable total for the video for the DVD's and the red and white for the Audio from TV to IRV. They must know the TV speakers suck...
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojls View Post
Just got my 19RD sorted out yesterday. Like yours, mine were hooked up the same way. Audio was out from tv and in to IRV and the video was ran from out on IRV and in to the TV. ODD. I chnged it so the audio would go to the tv. Well I turned the TV all the way up, 100 on the Jensen, and it was really low. If you turn off all speakers, A,B, & C, and then turn the IRV all the way up, you will be able to hear the tv speakers. They suck and I am now going to put it back the way Jayco had it. One cable total for the video for the DVD's and the red and white for the Audio from TV to IRV. They must know the TV speakers suck...
Ok.....so, when the tv is on no sound through the stereo speakers? My system is hooked up the same way from Jayco.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #15

If you want just sound from tv, you must change the audio cables from in to out on the iRV, and from out to in on the TV. Then have all speakers off and turn the TV's volume all the way up and then use the iRV's volume control to control the TV's volume. It is weird but that is how mine worked. I ended up just putting it back the way it was so I only had one cable between the TV and iRV. Video to TV and then all audio, whether it was SAT, cable or iRV audio, it would be on the iRV speakers only. No audio to TV.
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #16

I want sound coming out of the stereo speakers from the tv (whatever I'm watching). That is my problem. I turn on the tv and the sound only comes out of the tv, not through the stereo speakers. If I pop in a DVD to watch, it is only then that I will get the sound coming from my stereo speakers. My 23b I could get the sound coming from regular tv to come through the stereo. I can't seem to do that with the new camper.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #17

Quote:
I'm sorry if you posted it I didn't read all the post.

You should have 2 sets of a/v cables running from the TV to the radio.

Set 1- should have 3 wires-yellow,red and white connectors.They should be running from the audio/video out on the back of the radio to the audio/video input on the TV. This set is used for the DVD player so I'm sure you have these.

Set 2- should have 2 wires-red and white connectors.They should be running from the audio/video in on the back of the radio to the audio out on the TV. Mine was missing these. I added them and now it works.
WrenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenZ71 View Post
I'm sorry if you posted it I didn't read all the post.

You should have 2 sets of a/v cables running from the TV to the radio.

Set 1- should have 3 wires-yellow,red and white connectors.They should be running from the audio/video out on the back of the radio to the audio/video input on the TV. This set is used for the DVD player so I'm sure you have these.

Set 2- should have 2 wires-red and white connectors.They should be running from the audio/video in on the back of the radio to the audio out on the TV. Mine was missing these. I added them and now it works.
Ok, now do you have the irv stereo? Not sure when Jayco started using these.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #19

I know I only have set 1 that you mentioned, I don't have the second, that must be my problem. I have the Jensen tv with the irv stereo as I mentioned.

2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Old 05-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #20

Considering a Jensen TV sells for over $300.00 at CW, sadly it is a POS. Like the OP, I cannot get sound from the TV to the stereo. The speakers on the Jensen sound like the sound from a 1950s Japanese transistor radio. The bass and treble do not help and I think are there for someone's amusement.

After checking at Amazon & Best Buy, I found a Samsung smart TV ( the Jensen isn't even reasonably intelligent) the same 24 inches for under $200.00 and a 28 inch for just over $200.00. With permission from SWMBO, I purchased the 24 inch set and the sound is so good, I don't care if the sound goes through the TT speakers. This set will play movies from a thumb drive and even has a built in web browser. The only negative is the set is only 120 volt but an inverter should take care of that. The yellow energy sticker states it will cost $4.00 for electricity for a year!

The mounting arm in my White Hawk 20MRB worked perfect on the Samsung. I did have to put washers between the mounting bracket and TV so the mounting arm latch would work.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote