Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-22-2021, 11:21 AM   #1

Jay Feather Micro - Inverter

Hey everyone!
I’ve been on MULTIPLE threads that discussed the “pre-wired” inverter that comes with the Jay Feather Micro. People seem to agree that it’s a pain in the rear. Other solutions have popped up: add a 12V outlet, buy a Yeti/Jackery, buy a dedicated CPAP battery, etc.

My question is this: has anyone successfully installed an inverter on a Micro? If so, I’d love to hear your experience! I realize that I have a 12V Fridge and TV and the ONLY thing powered would be the bed Power Tower. I must admit, I’m stubborn! If that darn pre-wire is there, I feel like it’s my duty as a handyman to at least TRY it. Ha. Love to hear both success stories and failures. Thanks! Andy
McMullap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 09:00 AM   #2

Xantrex Freedom XC 2000w 817-2080 power inverter. Also the remote controller for the unit which was installed near the bed tower.
Once all hooked up, it powers EVERY outlet in the camper. Bath, kitchen, bunks, dinette, bed tower, etc etc, AND every outlet that is outside. It just won’t power the AC. I actually ran an extension cord (heavy duty outdoor 14gauge) from microwave to the kitchen outlet. Shazam! Microwave works now too. I can power the inverter on/off at the remote installed at the bed tower so you can kill the very minimal drain it will have on your battery bank when it is on. Pictures of it all eventually, please be patient, holidays, it’s in storage, yadda yadda .
I see you are on the 171BH forum string too, I have another post in that string that talks about my inverter install.
No reason why you couldn’t go as high as 3000w if you want. Just slightly bigger/heavier but would still fit I’m sure.
Lizardfdx66 is offline   Reply With Quote