Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2022, 02:33 PM   #1

Jay Port issues

Ok

This is a little embarrassing but for some reason, my jay port table mount will not go in to the jay port location. I really don't need it as I have a portable table but i have stared at this thing for like an hour trying to figure out why mine will not go in to the port. I have felt for burs inside the port, nothing, i tried greasing it, nothing. Any ideas? I thought about a mallet and block of wood but then would would I get it out. LOL.

Cheers

RR
IG @Pedal_withus
Youtube: Pedal With Us.
This is Jayco Camper #5 for us. 20 years of Jayco's.
rollingrockTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 04:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingrockTX View Post
Ok

This is a little embarrassing but for some reason, my jay port table mount will not go in to the jay port location. I really don't need it as I have a portable table but i have stared at this thing for like an hour trying to figure out why mine will not go in to the port. I have felt for burs inside the port, nothing, i tried greasing it, nothing. Any ideas? I thought about a mallet and block of wood but then would would I get it out. LOL.

Cheers

RR
Measure the insides of the port, measure the outsides of the mount that should fit in.
There has to be a problem with one of them.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 04:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
Measure the insides of the port, measure the outsides of the mount that should fit in.
There has to be a problem with one of them.
I should of explained, I can get it started but not enough to where i would put any wight on the table.
IG @Pedal_withus
Old 11-19-2022, 06:13 PM   #4

Quote:
I should of explained, I can get it started but not enough to where i would put any wight on the table.
Maybe just excess powder coating or paint that needs to be sanded off. The J mount should just slip into the Jayport. I've stuck my mount into the Jport, it fit OK but decided to use a table for the Blackstone. The mount is heavy and unwieldy, especially removing and installing back into the front compartment on mine.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 07:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
Maybe just excess powder coating or paint that needs to be sanded off. The J mount should just slip into the Jayport. I've stuck my mount into the Jport, it fit OK but decided to use a table for the Blackstone. The mount is heavy and unwieldy, especially removing and installing back into the front compartment on mine.
I feel the same way, it seems to be bulky and heavy. My portable table that I can put my Weber and Griddle on weighs far less and takes up less room. thanks for walking me off the edge, I will just keep what I am doing as is.
IG @Pedal_withus
Old 02-03-2024, 09:10 PM   #6

Having the same tight fit problem with mine. Worked on the port and the arm for over an hour with a couple files removing powder coat and junk inside the receiver tube. I can now get it inside by about 7”, but it’s nowhere near bottoming out as I would expect. The issue is that the receiver tube is square at the entrance, but tapers slightly vertically as the tube approaches the deeper areas. It’s either a manufacturing defect, or an intentional design element since there’s no catch or notch to hold the bracket tube in the receiver. Not sure what to think at this point…
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 09:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieWingZ View Post
Having the same tight fit problem with mine. Worked on the port and the arm for over an hour with a couple files removing powder coat and junk inside the receiver tube. I can now get it inside by about 7”, but it’s nowhere near bottoming out as I would expect. The issue is that the receiver tube is square at the entrance, but tapers slightly vertically as the tube approaches the deeper areas. It’s either a manufacturing defect, or an intentional design element since there’s no catch or notch to hold the bracket tube in the receiver. Not sure what to think at this point…
Thanks for bringing this back to the top, you went in more detail than I did but exact issues. We keep the parts in our garage.....maybe its time for the the angle grinder and some longer pry bars to push on the sleve and make it a tad bigger. I would love to use this system but we just pop up a table or use the camp table gill or griddle.....
IG @Pedal_withus
Old 02-04-2024, 04:14 AM   #8

My trailer has the Jay Port and came with a griddle. The arm and the mounting table are complete junk. It is very wobbly and unstable. The table itself is warped beyond use.

Also, the griddle was so cheap and cheesy that I never used it after the first attempt. I ended up tossing the whole mess and getting a Camp Chef two burner propane stove. Very pleased with it.

On a positive note, the propane port coming out of the trailer works fine. Maybe some day I will have a use for it.

Woollymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 05:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks for bringing this back to the top, you went in more detail than I did but exact issues. We keep the parts in our garage.....maybe its time for the the angle grinder and some longer pry bars to push on the sleve and make it a tad bigger. I would love to use this system but we just pop up a table or use the camp table gill or griddle.....
I too was told it would be getting a blackstone...the one I got is a total POS, we don't even use it. We just our original Weber Q100....

RR
IG @Pedal_withus