Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #11

Would love to see some pics of your guys mods. I was amazed how light these new tv's are so maybe the bracket would work without tearing up the cabinet.

My camper was bought from a dealer lot as a leftover and previous owner said it came without propane tanks. He added on half ass one mounted with zip ties and a double tank cover. I didn't realize these campers came with a single tank setup so I bought a double tank bracket from my dealer and fixed it correctly.

Would someone post pics of their factory single LP tank Setup? Did they have a cover or a bag? Maybe of the mounts?

silverta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #12

Here's what I have. The TV mount is a cheap one from amazon. For a little more money you can buy one that allows the TV to fully slide in and out of the hole. The his mount would do it on a smaller TV. But what I have is good enough for me. I wanted to mount it on the wall above the front window but I have no idea of the stuff layout and you only have one shot at getting the hole mounted right. The sewer hose was originally mounted with zinc u bolts but I I replaced them with all stainless hardware when I found them. My propane tank is mounted to the rack with quick connect pins I got at Tractor Supply in town. Its a single tank but it would easily hold two. But you do have to watch your weight limits. I guess this could be rearranged to mount a couple of batteries on the rack and bolt the tanks to the tongue ahead of them. If you put batteries inside allow for some type of ventilation outside. Batteries give off a poisonous and explosive gas when being charged. Notice the battery box has vents in the tops. The gas rises and dissipates quickly but you have to give it a place to go.
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1420130765781.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1420130783951.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1420130796563.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1420130809268.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1420130822105.jpg  

uploadfromtaptalk1420130836087.jpg  

tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #13

Not sure if this all came out as I'm using my phone. When I get to a computer I'll repost the pictures if they dont come out.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #14

I'll echo the suggestion to watch your weights. The CAT Scale is your friend. For about $12 (2 passes over the scale) you can get the exact picture of your current weights.
Congrats on the TT, looks nice.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #15

Thanks very much for the pictures. I like the tv mount that's exactly what I'm going to do. If you set the tv on the counter top you have no place for a crock pot or coffee pot to plug in without running an extension cord.

I've been studying the bed to add shock lifts but can't really see how to mount them. Anybody know where they sell those style lifts? I've seen them at auto part stores but they don't have brackets to mount.
silverta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #16

I put mine under with a quick release pin on one end for access. Painted black since the photo so you cant really see it.

On our front set up. The tank, crate and battery sit on angle iron thats welded (i asume) from the factory. I added the crate for my blocks etc but could run a second tank there if needed.

exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote