Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 AM   #1

Jayco 2013 info

Hi, Thought I'd share some new info for 2013 Jayco Jay Feather's. I ordered a new 228 in early March, dealership messed up and didn't order it until 2 weeks later, so two weeks after it is ordered, my wife gets a call from the salesperson, you won't be getting a 2012, but a 2013 and the interior colors have changed. Copper is no longer available, new colors are Amber, Truffle, and Chocolate carries over. No color swatches, or fabric samples to go by, so not sure what any of them will look like. Hunted Jayco.com and found the colors, on other Jayco lines, but unsure if patterns stray the same or they will be all new in the Jay Feathers. Salesman was unsure of any other changes to 2013's at this point, and I can't find anything specific online anywhere, but from the sounds of it, the trailer should be on the assembly line this week, could be getting camper in early May.
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #2

Weclome to the forum, Isuduke. Sounds like your salesman could have done a better job but I'm pretty confident that you'll be pleased with your new Jayco. You might give Jayco a call and ask if they can send you some swatches. Sure can't hurt to try.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #3

We had a similiar issue when ordering our 2012 321RLTS. Jayco changed the recliner cover to vinyl from cloth and added a new colour scheme. They make the changes without notifying the Dealers. We contacted Jayco directly and they provided pictures of the new colour scheme, highlighting the valance detail etc and said we could get the recliners covered in cloth at an extra cost, it was up to the Dealer if we got charged. Our Dealer found out it was a $500.00 dollar extra for both recliners. We said no and he checked further eventually absorbing the cost. This is the 3rd Jayco product we have bought from him.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #4

Thanks for the welcome, I plan on soaking up as much info as I can from the camping vets. Yeah, not really impressed by the salesman, but my father in law bought his camper there and we got the family discount deal. As far as the swatches of the new fabrics, based on what he told my wife, they needed the answer the next day to start the production run, so I wouldn't have had time to see it and make a decision. I'll have to live with the decision, I am confident that I will be happy with my trailer no matter the color.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #5

Welcome to the group.. I would be telling the dealer you are upset about not getting the color you ordered and ... some freebies would help you deal with the situation...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #6

So I emailed Jayco last night and got a response this am, thought I'd share, tried to post but it is too large a file so here are the high points for all Ultra Lite travel trailers for 2013.
New colors are Truffle and Amaretto, chocolate continues, Copper is deleted. New decorative interior and ceiling panels, Wood grain accent wall board in select areas, new diamond Flor flooring and new upgraded carpet. New 12v port added to expandable tent end overheads, with new bead board inserts in overheads. New bathroom skylight in all models, new box style valances. New style slide fascias, and am/fm/dvd player with mp3 hookups now standard.
Exterior changes new slate grey paint infused fiberglass package( front wall, end wall, 12" color band on side wall, new updated graphics, new black trim and moldings, black molded fender, new charcoal radius skirt metal, new charcoal diamond plate, new Magnum truss roof system, g20 dark tint windows, 2 marine grade outside speakers now standard, deleted cupholders on u-dinettes.
Options:Technology package deleted, new option for 22" HDTV, new electric tongue jack except 16V, X17Zand X17A, power awning now dometic awning available on all floorplans but 16V, X17Z and X17A, deleted satellite kit option.
Lastly the X23J has been deleted.
Hope this helps somebody, I know I have to go visit the dealership with this info and see where we go from here. By the way the revision date for this info is 4/17/12 so hot off the press from Jayco.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Old 04-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #7

OK went to dealership this morning to figure out what was going on. As I walk in there are 2013 color charts for all model lines, apparently they got them yesterday, the Amber my wife was told was an option was somebody not reading the abbreviation for Amaretto correctly, I now know I'll be happy with Amaretto. It appear that all systems are go for delivery by 5/29. They tell me that it may be sooner as Jayco gets more delivery people driving soon, some take the winter off and will be starting back soon. Ok, I said now what about the changes to the Options, both salesperson and sales manager look at me like what are you talking about , I pull out my printout from Jayco showing the tech package I paid extra for isn't available and no idea what if any tv comes with my camper. A couple quick keystrokes, sales manager confirms that my order has the 22" HDTV listed as part of my camper, now I am relieved that it is again what I was looking to buy. Now we will have to see what the outside looks like with the new color scheme and graphics. So let the countdown begin t-minus 40 days and counting...:hihi: Now need the vin to make the bank happy.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #8

also deleted from the 2013 line-up with the white steel wheels are the hubcaps. I found this out picking up our unit last friday 2-15-13. I was almost tempted to remove them from the 2010 x213 traded-in. So I found them at Eastern Marine in Delaware, measured the bolt circle and they have them for $2.99 each, I popped them on last nite.
2013 Ram 2500 HD, 4WD, CC, SB, 5.7L
2013 Jayco 228BH
ram2009 is offline   Reply With Quote