Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #11

@ THREEBUTCHERS (Brian) Noticed the Dive Flag on the Volvo. PADI Master Diver here.

LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #12

We also did not like the heavy dinette table so we replaced it with a lite fold up table from walmart. Cut 3 sections of 1 inch plywood to use in place of the old heavy table to make the dinette bed. We store them outside or in our tv when we have the table in place, and store the table when the plywood is in place. Cutting the plywood into 3 pieces makes it easy to handle and store. Also replaced all the 1/8 inch plywood under the dinette and couch with 1 inch. Made a ladder using 1 1/2 square lumber to assist the grandkids in climbing into the top bunk. Installed touch lites in the cabinets as they all were very dark and hard to see in, even in the daytime. Forgot to mention we still carry the original dinette table and set it up outside under the awning to keep alot of our stuff up off the ground......happy camping!!!

bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBL 1206 View Post
@ THREEBUTCHERS (Brian) Noticed the Dive Flag on the Volvo. PADI Master Diver here.
THAT is a righteous hijiack!!!!! Gratz on the certification! I'm sorry to have gotten away from it....I've digressed from diving, to off-roading, to camping....
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #14

Relocated electric outlet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	outlet.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	8186

I relocated the outlet from under the dinette to under the couch. I replaced it with a combo USB outlet and disconnected the one under the dinette as its difficult to use anyway.

I also attached a 1" dowel between the two dinette bench seats, parallel to the front wall and about 2" from the wall. This dowel carries the weight of the dinette table when lowering & raising the legs. I've had the table previously rotate slightly and fall to the floor when taking down or putting up. This solution helped immensely.

Another helpful item is stack jacks for the front of the TT. These almost eliminated all the bounce in the TT when we move about.

My next project is installing a coaxial outlet on the side of the refrigerator cabinet near the entrance door. I have a few ideas about incorporating the lower outside vent panel and a coaxial cable receptacle, as I really don't want to drill any holes to the outside of the TT. I'll post pictures once the project is complete.
Attached Thumbnails
outlet.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threebutchers View Post
Note my A/C side picture above - the dealer installed a drip rail over the dinette window. It was leaking so they covered it under warranty.
I also had a big leaking AC issue which didn't rear it's ugly head until our 3rd trip out last summer. Our AC was leaking down the inside wall in 2 spots and in between the interior & exterior walls into the storage compartment below. The incident made for a challenging weekend during some very hot days. The dealer also fixed ours under warranty, although to date we haven't been able to test the fix.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #16

Here is a picture of the table support dowel I referred to in an earlier post. This really helps with lowering & raising the table when the dinette is being used as a bed.
Click image for larger version

Name:	dowel.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	8191
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by velorandy View Post
Here is a picture of the table support dowel I referred to in an earlier post. This really helps with lowering & raising the table when the dinette is being used as a bed.
Attachment 8191
Nice idea - thanks for sharing
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by velorandy View Post
Attachment 8191
Yes, excellent idea, will have to give that a try (along with the relocated USB/outlet) Thanks for sharing.
DogWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #19

We just bought our 185rb, and it seems like the ac might not be big enough to cool the camper down, has anyone else experienced this?
wild bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #20

I love my 154bh swift! The dealer installed a cable line and it works great! I made the dinette into a permanent bed with two memory foam mattresses.... its very comfortable! I have 2 older kids so we fit 4 of us in the camper. I also put up a tent outside because extra kids always want to come along. I do all cooking and eating outside and I have a screen house for kids to play games etc. I am going to get the gas only water heater changed to gas/electric model. Small campers are so much fun because you get outside and really feel like your camping!!! Happy camping to all!!!

sumcove is offline   Reply With Quote