Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsttype View Post
There should be another power outlet if you look up next to your overhead microwave.

I also have this unit and can not find the outlet you mention. There Is an outlet in the cabinet next to the microwave but it is only for the microwave as I t only has one plug in spot. There is an outlet under he dinette and one beside each master bedroom closet. There is only one that I found in the kitchen and that is next to the door. Looks like we will be investing in a small power outlet.

jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatcop49 View Post
That's not a rant...that's the truth. We did do a lot of research...my wife was more concerned with the interior...myself, I was more concerned with the weights. My TV is a Toyota Tacoma with a tow package...oil and transmission cooler, etc. The Tacoma has a decent tow rating, but nowhere near the big diesels. Since we will only be towing it maybe 3 times a year, I could not see the sense in going bigger on the TT and getting a bigger truck, just to tow it, when I could go with a smaller more functional TT and keep the good mileage my Tacoma gets, all year long.

How we towed it was with no water in the tanks, and most of the heavy stuff in the wife's car...she followed me. Granted, I was no speed demon...but who wants to be when pulling your home. Slow is pro, I say.

Thanks for you comments.
I purchased a 23MBH this spring and also tow it with a 2014 Tacoma (quad cab TRD offroad with tow package). I like the trailer for some of the same reasons you do. Wife and I researched TTs with similar setup to the 23MBH before we purchased it. Now I am adding shelving in some of the cabinets and I built 30 inch drawers under the dinette so it was easier to get to items stored there. Thanks for the post. Enjoyed reading about someone with the same setup.

TRDdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #13

When you fold up the murphy bed, do you need take all the sheets off to make it a couch? Would that be a pain to do every morning if you wanted to make it a couch after waking up? It's a tossup for me between the x213 and 23MBH.
peejaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:17 PM   #14

I have the 28 DSBH model and the kitchen looks identical to the 2015 24mbh. I have an overhead outlet next to the microwave one the underside of the cabinet. They may have gotten cheap and not put one in your new model.
lsttype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejaykay View Post
When you fold up the murphy bed, do you need take all the sheets off to make it a couch? Would that be a pain to do every morning if you wanted to make it a couch after waking up? It's a tossup for me between the x213 and 23MBH.
We leave the bed made up, then lift the bed to the stored position. Straps on the bed hold all of the coverings in place. The couch has nothing to do with keeping the bed made up. The couch then folds back to the seated position.
TRDdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsttype View Post
I have the 28 DSBH model and the kitchen looks identical to the 2015 24mbh. I have an overhead outlet next to the microwave one the underside of the cabinet. They may have gotten cheap and not put one in your new model.

I did not look on the underside. I will do that
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #17

Beatcop49
Have you had any issues with the way the bed latches for travel, issues like the break down of the wood from movement during travel?
Husband and I are looking at the 20MRB as well as the Jay Feather Hybrid 23B, both are roughly price the same, but that murphy bed is giving my husband some concern.
Thanks for sharing your reviews on your camper....these reviews really aid people with their decisions for their next purchase. Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Dozer and Taurus
Dozer and Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #18

no you don't have to remove the sheets or blanket
Wennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #19

we have an mbh23 and love the Murphy bed concept. Gives lots of room when not in use

Wennis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23mbh, white hawk