Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2020, 07:44 PM   #1

Question Jayco White Hawk 25bhs

Hello fellow RVers and campers alike. I hope you are all well in these crazy times. Being in Canada it that time of the year to get all my camping in and I like to go with my RV and have no issues. On my resent trip which is usually done in the May long weekend, But was cancelled due to all this crazy stuff, I noticed for the first time that my rear tire on the passenger (right)side (Tandem axles) that it is starting to wear on the outside of the tire. Now that tells me right away that the axle is out of alignment from the front axle. I hooked it up tonight after removing the wheel caps and greasing all the bearing that the axle is 1/4" further apart then the drivers (left) side. I take pretty good care of things and no one has taken my trailer camping except for me so I know there was nothing hit or a bump taken too hard. I was looking under the trailer to find a clue on any place the axle is adjustable.. I found nothing and now I am here. Another thing is Im getting new better quality tires this week before our next trip, closer to the end of the month. I dont want to wear a brand new pair of boots before their time.... Any ideas would be great. Thanks you all
OttawaGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #2

They're not adjustable. Check the spring hangers for wear(elongated holes), or loose bolts
Old 07-07-2020, 07:57 PM   #3

Thanks Grumpy

Thanks for the fast reply Grumpy. Have all the tires and rims of now and the trailer is on stands. Perfect time to start checking bushings and all is a good idea. Unfortunately it was WAY to hot today to get that done. Tomorrow is another day. Thanks again for your fast reply
OttawaGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:01 PM   #4

Hot weather is here for a while!

I have found a large umbrella or tarp overhead and a box fan can do wonders when working out in the heat. It is that or start at 6am and stop at 10 or 11.

I don't get up at 6 unless I'm hunting or fishing.

A Smart phone is one that is NOT in your hand while driving!
64osby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:53 PM   #5

My neighbor had a Jayco as well. He had the same tire wear issue you noted. He had Jayco inspect the axle and found it was not straight. Jayco said they had a mfg issue with some of the axles and replaced it under warrantee. May want to have your local service center confirm. Hope this helps. Safe camping !
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustment, alignment, axle, outside tire wear