Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2019, 09:56 AM   #41

These are all great ideas. Keep em coming!

This weekend I did the bed fix. Our never camped in brand new 17 SLX had the 2x2 delaminating from the plywood. Went through and replaced the 3 screws with 6 per rail. Now it is nice and sturdy.

Another fix I'm going to implement is to take the screw in panel that covers the water tank and heater and turn it into a drop in style like on a boat. Having to get in there to access the heater bypass will be annoying enough without having to deal with screws...
PoulsboJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:26 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoulsboJohnny View Post
These are all great ideas. Keep em coming!

This weekend I did the bed fix. Our never camped in brand new 17 SLX had the 2x2 delaminating from the plywood. Went through and replaced the 3 screws with 6 per rail. Now it is nice and sturdy.

Another fix I'm going to implement is to take the screw in panel that covers the water tank and heater and turn it into a drop in style like on a boat. Having to get in there to access the heater bypass will be annoying enough without having to deal with screws...
So agree!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:32 AM   #43

Can you post a picture of the new thermostat? What brand is it?
Carolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:29 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolv View Post
Can you post a picture of the new thermostat? What brand is it?
Here is a link to the Honeywell Digital thermostat that we installed in our '15 195RB Baja. It is a direct wire for wire replacement and fits perfectly the narrow strip between the bathroom door and ward:

Honeywell TH1100DV1000 Thermostat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180120_104727062.jpg  
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:41 AM   #45

Thanks to @ttavasc I got the same thermostat. It's stupidly easy to install!

Black is original, white is identical to above. 2 wires, two screws, and five minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
20200101_145355.jpg   20200101_144145.jpg  
MrKABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #46

@MrKABC

I see they found the hole saw when they built your rig. Pretty sure the one that they must have was being used by someone else when they built my rig! lol.
PoulsboJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #47

Hello mrKABC. I had to cut and fit some 2x4 supports to attach the lifter to. ALSO...impt… I bought 2 door hinges to attach to the head of the plywood as the factory ones are lame, get short enough screws so the don't go into the frame or drill out holes for them. I also installed 2 stabilizers as close to he front as possible to steady it which was great in strong winds out west. hope this helps! safe travels ,see ya out there
2017 195 rb
Toyota Tacoma 4wd crew cab w/ tow pkg.
wife and Gracie the wonder dog
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:31 AM   #48

@larryrebos: I have 22" BAL stab jacks, center "C" channel support, and the "feet" here ready to install this weekend as my front stabilizers. I'll most likely make a new thread with pix attached. I also have my gas lift supports and hardware ready, just need the lumber to do the reinforcement. My conversion to dual propane tanks is also complete! Just waiting on the plastic cover to arrive. I appreciate the ideas, keep them coming!

@poulsboJohnny: I was thinking they used the dull hole saw on my rig! I can only imagine what yours looked like...
MODS: Dual GC2 LiFePO4 System, BAL (4) Stabilizers, Hengs vent fan, Dual Propane conversion, Furrion FOSO7TASF Rear Camera, Digital Thermostat, See Level 709P3W1003 Tank Monitor System, 200w solar panels, other cool things.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:21 PM   #49

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo View Post
We replaced the single step entry with a double step.
@Kozmo, do you have the model number of the double step you installed?

Update to my previous post about installing 22" BAL stabilizers: My build thread is HERE:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...rbw-73020.html

The Amazon stabilizers that I just installed are WAY better than the ones that came on the TT from the factory. I can't believe it's the same company that made both. The "OEM" ones are clearly weak and I fully expect them to break at some point in the future. Guess I'll add replacements to the laundry list...
MODS: Dual GC2 LiFePO4 System, BAL (4) Stabilizers, Hengs vent fan, Dual Propane conversion, Furrion FOSO7TASF Rear Camera, Digital Thermostat, See Level 709P3W1003 Tank Monitor System, 200w solar panels, other cool things.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:20 AM   #50

We pick ours up next Thursday.
I like these mods/upgrades
Johnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:19 AM   #51

Hubby is rebuilding the dinette seats. The cushions are fine for us but the frame is held together with staples. Over the years the staples have come out and now he is rebuilding the whole shebang. The back of the seat nearest the door is a handy support when entering but try not to do it. It is not screwed into the wall well Ours loosened and then the whole seat collapsed. He had to redo the back to make sure it is screwed into something called a stud.. It was screwed into air in back of the wall.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 07-31-2020, 02:41 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Hubby is rebuilding the dinette seats. The cushions are fine for us but the frame is held together with staples. Over the years the staples have come out and now he is rebuilding the whole shebang. The back of the seat nearest the door is a handy support when entering but try not to do it. It is not screwed into the wall well Ours loosened and then the whole seat collapsed. He had to redo the back to make sure it is screwed into something called a stud.. It was screwed into air in back of the wall.
Oh, wow... good to know! Any pix of the job?
Old 07-31-2020, 06:53 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKABC View Post
Oh, wow... good to know! Any pix of the job?
No cause he was laying on the floor and took up all the room. Took him a few days and lots of trying various approaches.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 08-29-2020, 12:32 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigironcoder View Post
As far as the bed, I did put in some 2x3's to beef it up in the middle. But I went a different route instead of installing lifts to make it easier to raise. Instead, I completely removed the panel and frame at the foot of the bed. I did re-install a 2x3 there for the plywood bed to rest on and stained it to match. Also lined the interior with matching paneling. I know this sounds crazy, but it works well for us. Now we can just slide in 4 large storage tubs. Haven't raised the bed since.
Could you post pictures please
Carolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:41 AM   #55

Blue prints

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKayaker View Post
I contacted Jayco via email to get the blueprints. I figured this would help a lot for determining what and where to put things. Has anyone done this successfully?
Were you able to get those blueprints?
Dansemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:55 AM   #56

Bedding

Our mattress is only 4" thick. We have tried using standard Queen size sheets but they do not fit tight enough to stay smooth. I am considering using a standard full size sheet set but haven't gotten to it yet.

When looking at the Camping World website they have cute sheets and comforters but they are geared toward 13"mattresses. The short queen are to big and the bunk are to small

We upgraded from a Pop Up and I have to admit the bed was easier to make in it!

Anyone have any suggestions??
Dansemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #57

We replaced our mattress with a Sealy Posturepedic residential queen mattress. Much more comfortable than the stock mattress. The 175RD doesn't have a "walkaround" bed, so it is a "treat" to make... LOL
deepsea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #58

Quote:
Thanks to @ttavasc I got the same thermostat. It's stupidly easy to install!

Black is original, white is identical to above. 2 wires, two screws, and five minutes.
Please post here if yours starts acting flaky.

I'm on my second one. On both, the display would sometimes go blank (despite fresh batteries, replaced batteries, checking battery terminals on both, etc.).

I've also had a couple times on the second one when the inside temp froze on the display: i.e. 38° in the trailer but the thermostat is turned to "off" and temp reads 62°.

Additionally, I've tried to set the Cycles Per Hour setting to only 1 or 2, but it seems to completely ignore that setting.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:20 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Please post here if yours starts acting flaky.

I'm on my second one. On both, the display would sometimes go blank (despite fresh batteries, replaced batteries, checking battery terminals on both, etc.).

I've also had a couple times on the second one when the inside temp froze on the display: i.e. 38° in the trailer but the thermostat is turned to "off" and temp reads 62°.

Additionally, I've tried to set the Cycles Per Hour setting to only 1 or 2, but it seems to completely ignore that setting.
Interesting. actually did have the display go blank a couple of times. I detached the face plate, reattached and it came back. Batteries tested fine. I assumed it went into some sort of "sleep" mode and didn't think anything about it.

Since I haven't used the heater since March it didn't occur to me that there might be a problem. I think I might need it this trip though so I'll test. How do I set the interval again? Didn't know about that setting.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Since I haven't used the heater since March it didn't occur to me that there might be a problem. I think I might need it this trip though so I'll test. How do I set the interval again? Didn't know about that setting.
It's in the configuration menu. Let me know what you find with yours.

https://digitalassets.resideo.com/da...69-2800EFS.pdf
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote